[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAD on Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: daimler-cad-nx-siemens.jpg (27 KB, 283x184) Image search: [Google]
daimler-cad-nx-siemens.jpg
27 KB, 283x184
>Mercedes uses Siemens NX
>Siemens NX has linux support
>linux is hobbyist OS fags btfo
>>
File: where is the evidence.jpg (61 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
where is the evidence.jpg
61 KB, 728x546
>>
>>54869685
>hurr I'm a retard and can't google
>hurrr spoonfeed me
>>
>>54869685
Here

http://www.engineering.com/PLMERP/ArticleID/7438/Inside-Daimler-Mercedes-Switch-from-Dassault-Systemes-to-Siemens-PLM-and-NX.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_NX#Supported_operating_systems_and_platforms
>>
>>54869655
>mercedes
>germany
>literal cuck nation

thx OP, now I hate linux even more
>>
>>54869703
He shouldn't have to google it
The person making the claim is responsible for backing it up.
>>
>>54869722
>Citation: Anon on 4chan
>>
>>54869719
>nationalism
>in year 2016
Back to /pol/
>>
>>54869763
>being a cuck in 2016
>>
>>54869655
>1 cad software that is not utter shit is on loonix
wew
>>
>>54869810
>Is good enough for one of the industry leaders
>hot utter shit because anon said so
Are you a microsoft shill or what?
>>
>>54869810
>implying EagleCAD hasn't worked on Linux for years too
>>
>>54869870
>implying it's relevant
>>
implying anyone who can afford CAD cant afford Microsoft Windows
>>
>>54869708

>Certain software is compatible with an OS

You know, Adobe Photoshop can run on Windows XP. That must make Windows XP and valid and valuable workplace OS that every developer should be using!
>>
>>54869961
>implying windows xp isnt still a valid workplace OS in some places still
>>
>>54869995

Valid? Certainly.

Valid in the world of high-perf visual design and/or 3D Modeling? Fuck no.
>>
File: hesaidwesaidshesaidbullshit.gif (1 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
hesaidwesaidshesaidbullshit.gif
1 MB, 300x203
>>54869884
with Linux you can use your resources
to drive a nail into the wall.

on Windows you need all of your resources to lift a hammer which has a loose head.
>>
File: 1433826544772.png (245 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1433826544772.png
245 KB, 640x360
>>54869655
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: SISCAD-P.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
SISCAD-P.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
>>54869655
professional CAD on Linux is available since 20 something years...
>>
Why is this news? Linux has amazing software for smart people. Great CAD software has been on linux for decades.
>>
>>54869763
>being a cuck
>in year 2016
back to the mass grave.
>>
>>54872563
Is it still possible to find old copies of Siscad?
Qcad isn't my cup of tea for my T42, I dislike it's menus
>>
>>54872937
found this:
http://www.filewatcher.com/b/ftp/ftp.uni-duisburg.de/CAD/Siscadp-0.html
>>
>>54872937
You can also try Dassault Draftsight:
http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/free-download/
>>
>>54872937
On a T42 i would suggest to use DESI-III in Dosbox.
>>
>>54872937
BRL-CAD, Open Cascade(and fork).
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.