[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As more people continue to use adblock websites are gonna get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Capture567.png (48 KB, 1079x540) Image search: [Google]
Capture567.png
48 KB, 1079x540
As more people continue to use adblock websites are gonna get more aggressive in trying to convince them to turn them off. Mark my words in a couple of years google and other search engines will have a way to sort websites by which one is behind a paywall.
>>
>>54846088
You can block those with ABP. Click on the extension icon, click block element and click the shit you want to block.
>>
Google won't because they fucking serve ads and make millions off of it

It's why the advertisements on google have slowly gotten less obvious and went from being yellow, or on the sidebar to just plain results with a little "ad" mark in the corner
>>
>>54846156
I use ubo and yea i realize i can block it but i use the site so rarely that i don't see the point. oh and i also just went to another site.
>>
If uMatrix starts breaking websites completely (or more likely, Google abuses their position with Chrome to push some unblockable ad "standard" and there's no other browser left standing to challenge them), I'll just stop using the Internet.
>>
>>54846310
>oh and i also just went to another site.
Yeah, that's exactly what I do. When they put up those fucking "oh boo hoo me" messages, I quit going to that site.
>>
>>54846395
>Chrome to push some unblockable ad "standard"

I can't think of a way that they could do that. At the end of the day, the ad has to be transferred and served on your computer. Unless they did some shady bullshit where they combine it with the background color to create some kind of combined background image/ad before they display the site.

Even then, I think there'd still be a way around it.
>>
>>54846688
what if they did like a server thing where after you do a search a 5 second video starts playing or you have to click next to an advert picture. If they detect that the ad didnt load then they wont give you the results.
>>
>>54846932
Why are you giving them ideas?
>>
>>54849652
The ad industry has entire teams tasked with brainstorming and developing anti-adblock software. They don't need an anonymous poster, if they haven't thought of it already it's only a matter of time.
>>
>>54849652
basically this >>54850140
And i'm kind of preparing for this already. I downloaded a fuck ton of books on a variety of subjects fiction and non-fiction. along with movies and tv shows and anime. The only thing i'm missing is social interaction so as long as chans dont get too bad i have everything i could ever want
>>
>>54846088
It's going to become an adblock arms race. Maybe I'll finally get off the internet once everything becomes pay-per-view.
>>
>>54846088
>sites behind a paywall

They'll just be hastening their own demise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.