[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all these ppl who leave their computers on when they sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (38 KB, 746x420) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38 KB, 746x420
>all these ppl who leave their computers on when they sleep
>complain when windows 10 installs during this time

thats like complaining about someone stealing your car left running while you sleep
>>
>>54845274
What kind of mouthbreathing shitsucker turns their computer off at night?
>>
>>54845405

>room is noticeably 5deg warmer when the PC is running

>not wanting your room icy cold while sleeping
>>
>>54845274
Worrying about your computer installing things by itself whilst you sleep shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>54845703
If you didn't want your computer installing stuff while you sleep, you wouldn't have updates turned on...which would mean Windows 10 wouldn't auto install.
>>
>>54845689
Wtf pc are you using? Is your room 4x4?
>>
>>54845274
My media machine has been on for almost 300 days straight, I still do not have a $WINDOWS.~BT folder or anything else related to windows 10.

Leaving a computer on 24/7 has nothing to do with anything. If you are dumb enough to leave windows updates on and trust microsoft with 24/7 direct access to your computer then you will have a bad time.

Free your computer from the botnet!

sc delete wuauserv
>>
>>54845757

exactly, just watched nerg gasms break down video of how these updates got pushed thru

each of them were security updates in windows 7, and every one of them installed the same file container with the update program in it.

so for all these autists complaining they should have been looking for that file each time
>>
>>54845765
NVidia 980Ti and yes that's roughly the size of the cuckshed
>>
I just close the lid tbqh
>>
>>54845765

its a standard 10-15 or so sqft room

the PC gets up to about 85F

if its not cool outside (which thankfully moving up north it now is at night) but its noticably warmer

even when its 50s outside, i have all the windows open, windy/drafts, my fan blowing, when i walk into my room with my pc an monitor an TV all on its noticably warmer

and so far the coldest under those conditions is 68F the last few days

but in my last location which had central AIR, my room was always 3-4 deg warmer i had a digital thermestat in my room an if the AC was set to 70 my room would be 73/74
>>
>>54845274
Do people not turn their machines off at nigh nowadays? When did this happen? Why keep it on if you're not using it?
>>
>>54845405
I turn it off because I want complete silence, darkness and as close to 66 f room temp as possible
>>
>>54845857
why cant we just use celsius?
>>
>>54845857
>10-15 or so sqft
>a bedroom
that is a cuckshed
>>
>>54845885

85F is like 30C or sum bullshit
>>
File: uptime.png (2 KB, 184x96) Image search: [Google]
uptime.png
2 KB, 184x96
>would be months but the power went out
>looking into a UPS now
>>
>>54845885
it makes less sense when talking about the outside weather considering how little C changes and how little meaning you get from the numbers if you don't know them well

but for computer temps for the same reason I think it's best to use C

90C CPU temp is really hot just like 90F outside temp is really hot, if I convert either one of them they stop meaning anything to me
>>
>>54845877
you don't have to be awake to 'use' your computer

torrents seed, irc stays open so I can read what people were saying, etc.

as for the servers in the basement I've got minecraft, terraria, etc. servers running

>inb4 it's okay if it's a server
servers are just computers

it's also nice to be able to ssh into my computer if I'm away from home
>>
>>54845885
and you can
 <script>
function convert(degree) {
if (degree == "C") {
F = document.getElementById("c").value * 9 / 5 + 32;
document.getElementById("f").value = Math.round(F);
} else {
C = (document.getElementById("f").value -32) * 5 / 9;
document.getElementById("c").value = Math.round(C);
}
}
</script>
>>
>>54845781
>300 days straight

Jesus Christ, you haven't even restarted?
>>
>>54848195
i dont think thats good for the computer
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.