[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true you americans can't buy the GTX1080 for $699,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-01-pcgh.jpg (60 KB, 1024x707) Image search: [Google]
zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-01-pcgh.jpg
60 KB, 1024x707
Is it true you americans can't buy the GTX1080 for $699, but that 699 is only the net price without tax?

Because in europe everyone is saying the 1080 costing 799€ ($889) here is because 699 is only the dollar price without tax and our price ($889) is with tax included.
>>
that's what you get for being a secondary market
>>
What is VAT.
>>
The founders edition is $699 in the US. Non-founders is like a $100 cheaper.

Tax depends on the state you are in. Mine in Pennsylvania is 7%, but it isn't charged on all websites. Only those that have a place in my state.
>>
Only a few Liberal shithole states like Commiefornia have to pay sales tax on online purchases. Obviously we have no import tax or anything like that, so it's just shipping. Newegg of course had free shipping if you bought it from them like I did.
>>
>>54827225
>>54827246
So you can buy it for 699 if you order online, basically tax-free?
>>
>>54827278
It depends on the state you live in.
>>
>>54827156

No, Americans are not required to have the sales tax included because it varies by state, where I live its about 8.75% iirc
>>
>>54827156
>but that 699 is only the net price without tax?
Depends on which state you live in. That's why prices are listed without tax, because everything is a clusterfuck.

Some states have to pay sales tax on online purchases.
Some states only have to pay sales tax on in-store purchases.
Some states don't have sales tax at all.

So for states that don't charge sales tax for online purchases or have a sales tax, you can buy the card for $699. Even with sales tax it's nowhere near what you have to pay. Consider that California has the largest sales tax in the US at 7.5% which brings the total cost to $751.43. And most states have a fairly significantly lower sales tax than that[1]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States#By_jurisdiction
>>
>>54827278
It's complicated.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-state-guide-internet-sales-tax-laws.html
>>
>>54827386
>>54827518
Thank you.
>>
>>54827386
Depending on county sales tax on Electronics can be +9.5% here in Illinois
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.