[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else fell for the cheap hdmi cable meme? >have 2k Screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: monster-cable-hdmi.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
monster-cable-hdmi.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
Who else fell for the cheap hdmi cable meme?
>have 2k Screen
>get 5$ hdmi cable
>cant go over 30hz on one pc, blackscreen on the other
>realize ist 1.4
>get a 10$ 2.0 one
>even has 5 stars on Amazon
>screen turns black whenever I maximize application or games run too smooth
>get 25$ thick as fuck cable
>no problems at all
Thanks for tricking me into spending 40$ just to run my monitor.
Also, how fucking broken is that technology? Never had that Problems with DVI.
>>
it's fucking digital, man
>>
>>54822228
How is it actually possible to fuck it up then? I seriously want to believe that the jews are behind this right now.
>>
Is there any way to overclock the hdmi Signal strength on a gtx 980?
>>
File: serveimage.png (236 KB, 497x480) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
236 KB, 497x480
Haven't had any problems with the $8 cable I bought from the hardware store desu senpai.

Still suspect I overpaid for it.
>>
>>54822174
I'm running a 1440p 144hz monitor off a £3 Display cable, Cheap cables for digital signals are fine.
>>
You should not fall for the cheap-ass noname chink shit cables. It shouldn't be premium or whatsoever, but it should be: a) well-known OK quality brand; b) reasonable price per length that you get.
I got my 2-meter long hdmi cable 7 years ago, at that time it was like 15-20 bucks, I don't remember the exact price. Cable is thick, covered with some sort of plastic net layer for additional protection (from cats, sharp things etc) and so far working like a charm, literally zero fucking issues with the cable.
>>
>>54822279

All signals degrade over long distances; and the longer the cable, the more noise it picks up. Generally, the 2 ft max from your desktop to your monitor simply isn't long enough for any significant noise or degradation to affect it.
>>
DVI STRONK
>>
DISPLAYPORT
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>54822174
>not buying Twisted Veins
>>
>His HDMI cables aren't dolphin arteries rubbed with activated diamonds
>being poor
>>
>>54822174
What brand was it?
>>
You must be retarded OP, I bought 10 hdmi cables off Amazon for 3cents each plus 3$ shipping for the lot. Only 1 of them has broken in 4 years of use.
>>
>>54822174
>never any problems with DVI
You ever figured that maybe it's your GPU /mobo? The hdmi isn't working properly. It's not the cables.
>>
>>54822428
Why would you use hdmi with 980. Fucking retards on this board...
>>
>not using a glorious VGA monitor.
>>
>>54823966
>not using SCART
you kids and your new fangled tech
>>
>>54822889
>Twisted Veins
>buying shit cables

i unplugged that fucker and the *gold* plated shit got stuck into the port while the rest of the cable came off
>>
>>54822174
All i know is that i had some older HDMI cables that didn't support ARC for whatever reason. Pretty much new but TV never found the ARC device with the cables plugged in. Works fine with newer cheapo $2 cables. I know HDMI is supposed to be the same, but never figured out why ARC didn't work. HDMI passthrough worked fine. Oh and I also had some older cables that didn't support HDMI-CEC. Not sure why either. Maybe just too old?
>>
>>54822174
>2016
>Not using Display Port and daisy chaining.

Whats wrong with you?
>>
>>54823930
This pains me to look at.
>>
>>54822228
Yeah but that's all digital means. If it works, then the expensive cable won't look any better than the cheap one at the same mode. But the cheap one won't work at all in some modes. Digital is why he has a black screen instead of blurry shit or color bands etc. Digital works or it doesn't. OP's doesn't.
>>
>>54822228
It's a digital signal, over an analogue medium. I've had good luck with the amazon basics to drive my 4k panel, though.
>>
I've got five $1 6ft HDMI cables and a $5 15ft one, haven't had any issues with any of them.
>>
>>54822174
>Get a monster hdmi cable from brother that he wasnt using
>Supposedly high end
>notice white specks all over screen when watching a bluray, even when I freeze frame
>try swapping out monster for piece of shit cheap cable
>no problems at all
Never fall for the expensive cable meme
>>
>>54822174
>still using HDMI instead of DP
>>
>>54822943

Keks were had
>>
>>54823948
b-bu-but the sound out from monitor integrated speaker!
>>
>ist 1.4
Komm, halt dein Maul
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.