[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how to fix a loose charging port. I tried to seek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Anyone know how to fix a loose charging port. I tried to seek help on websites but they really don't help so I'm hoping for other people to help.
>>
>>54808855
install gentoo
>>
usually gotta solder it down again
>>
>>54808855

>take it apart

>solder it back in if that's whats loose

>glue the fucking port in place

>put it back together
>>
File: B070071_1.jpg (87 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
B070071_1.jpg
87 KB, 1000x750
>>54808855
You probably have to replace port jack.

I have to replace mine on x230, luckily it's not soldered, so it's just a simple part swap.
>>
Anyone know how to fix a USB port? The first pin in one of the USB ports is not sticking out and thus not making contact with devices. Can i replace the whole port? Its a laptop
>>
>>54809504
Try bending it back
It might also be o a small separate PCB from then mainbaord, then you could only replace that
If not, then you will have to solder on a new port
>>
>>54808855
>Take laptop apart
>Place slice of tinfoil between the port and the port connecter, where it is broken/loose
>Ensure you have a connection by powering up your laptop that is in peices
>Proceed to douse the entire port in hot glue to hold it in place
>And I mean so much hot glue that if the connection breaks again you won't be able to access it because it is in a glue ice berg
>>
>>54809525
Tried bending it back by "pushing" it from where it is now but couldnt do it. Will try sticking something to it and pull it gently to see if it pops back out
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.