[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OpenMW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: FcSX5bd.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FcSX5bd.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
I want to become a gametes. I don't know any languages and my thinkpad is in the mail. The reimplemented system for Open Morrowind is written in C++. Should I learn C++ to take advantage of the user created engine and editor?
>>
My T420 will come with win 7, but I plan on putting Trisquel on as my distro.
>>
*gamedev
>>
>>54804070
>his meme pad is in the mail
>>
File: 1464109688255.png (1 MB, 1372x904) Image search: [Google]
1464109688255.png
1 MB, 1372x904
One day St. iGNUcious will bless my thinkpad and I will live in freedom for eternity.
>>
>>54804070
Make an atari sized game first before you decide to become a gamedev.
Yeah whatever C++ is ok.
>>
>>54804070 (You) were gametes when your father's dick sprayed some cum in your mothers womb.

Cum IS gametes.
>>
File: mmorrowind.jpg (221 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mmorrowind.jpg
221 KB, 1024x768
>>54804070
>>54804097
depends on what you want to make

If you want to make RPG with very similar mechanics to Morrowind then using OpenMW is the way to go.
Otherwise look at Godot Engine, it's currently best open source game engine out there.
Feel free to prove me wrong.

Also there are gamedev threads on /v/, but /v/ doesn't give a shit about freedom.
>>
>>54804246

This biology nigga beat me to the joke.
>>
Yeah, I specifically want to make games for GNU/Linux. Because freedoms. I love morrowind and I want to use the engine. OpenMW is still in development and I want to help down the line when I git gud. I guess I'm asking if it's a good idea for a begginer to get experience by jumping on that project and helping anyway I can?
>>
>>54804351
Dunno if it's good idea or not, I would probably start making some game concepts before getting deep into engine stuff.
If you do want to help them, check this list to see if there is any task that you could take: https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap
>>
>>54804070
We don't need anymore retards making games. The market is saturated enough as it is.
>>
You want to head on over to /vg/agdg/, just be warned that a lot of them are 2D fags, relying mostly on memes and luck to try to make a hit.

Try unity or unreal engine 4. Nothing wrong with using an already made engine if it's free and lets you do whatever you want in terms of reselling but the resources will most certainly be copyrighted. If you're going to start with nothing you might as well use a proper modern engine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.