[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What features would the perfect browser have? >pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1460214203521.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460214203521.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
What features would the perfect browser have?

>pic unrelated
>>
probably a lion logo
the perfect browser would give me free money
oh wait that already exists
>>
It would be free software, extensible, customisable, headed by a dev team unaffected by the political climate and fully compliant with all open javascript and HTML standards.

As far as rendering speed and resource usage go it should obviously not be bloated or slow out of the box but on modern hardware. The bottleneck to web browsing is almost always connection speed, though.
>>
>>54753865
>javascript
>>
File: chrome-canary-icon.png (18 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
chrome-canary-icon.png
18 KB, 512x512
It should have exceptional & industry-leading bleeding edge technologies.
>>
Archive function connected to the bookmark system so that you could see highlighted what was new since last time you checked the bookmark.

Also the list of bookmarks should indicate when an update has taken place of the pages you have bookmarked. Preferably download the page to the archive to get to it fast and see what is actually new.

Smarter bookmarking so that once you want to add a bookmark the browser suggests where it should be based on the contents of the page you want to bookmark.

Bookmarklets should just work.

History function that can tell you not only where you have been but also how you arrived to each page.

These are things I have had need for.
>>
customizable
fast flawless rendering
conformity to current web standards
>>
choose what audio outputs to use like:
filters(src limiter etc)-> protocol(asio openal wasapi dx mme) -> device(any available)-> output channel mapping
>>
Firefox with finished servo rendering engine.
>>
Opera / Vivaldi like TAB STACKING

I am still using the last of the Real Opera versions to get this feature.
>>
>>54753753
Everything Opera 12.16 has. It was the perfect browser.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.