[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New malware or just another Windows Feature(TM)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: javascript.png (75 KB, 1182x576) Image search: [Google]
javascript.png
75 KB, 1182x576
I've been dealling with this crap for months I forgot when it even started, probably around the time I blocked the telemetry/Win10 updates last year. Javascript is magically broken in ALL browsers at once since then, it doesn't matter what I try, nothing seems to fix the issue, it shows up in portable browsers even. Example in the screenshot (by the way the MS site shown is unrealted, it happens on almost all sites including 4chan but most notably on VirusTotal which is TOTALLY broken in all browsers I tried), javascript seems null even for the most simple scripts.

Is this a known Windows 7 issue? the only solution to me so far seems to perform a clean install but I simply can't do it, I didn't format this partition since 2011 and it was running everything completely flawlessly and it feels like losing to MS, I want to know what's causing this because it's damn suspicious it happens in ALL browsers, not just FF based ones, I tried: Netscape, SeaMonkey, FF, Tor, Chrome and Chromium, also portable versions when I could find them.

I start to believe this might be some new undetectable malware created by MS to force the Win7 users to format and install the Win10 updates, it can't be a coincidence that it happens right after I start refusing telemetry and Win10 updates, something's seriously fishy about this.

Did something like this happen to you as well? please share any informations you got if you can.
>>
>>54751230
That's just bad web design you fucking weeb.
>>
learn to ™ OP
>>
File: virustotal.png (25 KB, 1005x445) Image search: [Google]
virustotal.png
25 KB, 1005x445
>>54751460
>(by the way the MS site shown is unrealted, it happens on almost all sites including 4chan but most notably on VirusTotal which is TOTALLY broken in all browsers I tried)

I said it happens on many sites, I can't even zoom in images HERE on 4chan for fuck sake. Is this normal? in ALL browsers?
>>
File: login.png (493 KB, 2173x575) Image search: [Google]
login.png
493 KB, 2173x575
Seriously nobody ever heard about this issue with javascript in Win7? it's not just tabs and spoilers, also login/comment forms are broken on really many sites.
>>
File: click.png (218 KB, 1375x591) Image search: [Google]
click.png
218 KB, 1375x591
It can't be a problem just with me, I didn't install anything that could cause issues with javascript or the OS and this happens incredibly in all browsers, this very same problem in ALL browsers at once. How can this be normal?
>>
Have you tried turning off your computer and turning it on again?
>>
>>54751230
Link that site in your pic
>>
I don't know, maybe check your fucking console to see what's going wrong? Chrome dev tools tell you everything you need to know if you're not a retard.
>>
File: ga.png (6 KB, 1344x132) Image search: [Google]
ga.png
6 KB, 1344x132
>>54752056
This is from the site bottom-left in last picture.

This is from bottom-right:
getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.

>>54752030
Which one? the MS one in OP is this: https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=TrojanSpy:MSIL/Siplog.A
Are those tabs working for you? they don't work at all for me, nothing happens when I click them.
>>
>>54752186
I got the same info at the bottom left as you did in OP but when I click on the tabs they switch normally.
>>
>>54752186
cosmicleague.cyberstep.com doesn't work for me either because the site tries to track clicks with google analytics and I have it blocked, you probably do too (hence the "ga is not defined")

the microsoft site works fine though.
>>
>>54751484
Do you have a pop-up blocker? what extension/services/addons you have installed?
>>
>>54752255
>>54752238
I'm not using any browser adblocker, I use peerblock separately to block ad servers and other IPs, I should probably start using an adblocker soon since peerblock lists aren't free anymore.

I guess this is the cause then? it could be the thing affecting all the other browsers because it blocks connections globally, I'll try turning it off for a while and see what happens.
>>
>>54752453
It could, also any type of "security" software you have, you should try turning off everything at once.

But I would clean the computer first, pass some anti spyware programs, run cc cleaner, uncheck everything you don't know in autostart programs (sometimes windows may place pending update installations here so be careful, do this before updating), update your windows to important updates only, don't install any optional updates.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.