[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does KDE plasma 5 sucks so hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 261.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
261.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
Like, really, why did we need this crap again? Someone explain it to me because I truly do not understand. KDE 4 was better in every single way.
KDE 5 is:
>slow
>memory hog
>buggy as hell
>"flat" design AKA cancer

KDE 4 did everything better. You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>slow
I don't find it slow...

>memory hog
Plasma + kwin is currently using only about 450mb of memory on my computer at the moment.

>buggy as hell
I don't find it buggy...

>"flat" design AKA cancer
You can change most of it, plus flat is hip right now. See Windows and Apple logos.
>>
>>54733063
>anecdotal evidence

>jumping on the bandwagon

For the record, flat design isn't hip. Just because a lot of retards copy shit off each other it doesn't mean it's actually good.

Also how old are you? like 50? I've never seen anybody under the age of 40 use the word "hip".
>>
>>54733102
>anecdotal evidence
...Just like yours?

>jumping on the /g/ bandwagon

Hip <> good, hip = popular.
So it's hip. Happening. Radical. Tubular. Jiving. Groovy. Ginchy. Ya dig?
>>
>>54733150
The furry samurai is very quick. Cringed into my neck.
>>
>>54733063
>I don't find it slow...
On my system with a 850 pro, it literally took 10-15 seconds to log in, and 30 to log out
with gnome it's nearly instant
>I don't find it buggy...
on a fresh install, it wouldn't save my display arrangement
>>
>>54733063
>only about 450mb
>only
wew lad
>>
>>54733227
Maybe you should [sp]rice it[/sp]
>>
>>54733063
>Plasma + kwin is currently using only about 450mb of memory on my computer at the moment.
>only about 450mb of memory
>only
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54733236
I wanted to get it working first, but I gave up and installed gnome3, since it actually works
>>
>>54733227
Even GNOME 3 with it's bloaty-ass toolkit and all desktop services running in the background needs "only" ~160 MB.
>>
I'm new to Linux, running Debian with KDE. I think it's pretty slick and has nice customization. Am I missing out on something better?
>>
>>54733249
Sounds like the problem is you.
>>
>>54733283
every time I've tried KDE it's always been buggy and unstable
every time I've tried gnome it's just werked
I don't care enough to spend the better part of a week trying to get kde to work when there's other options that just work
I want to like KDE, it looks nice, but it's just never worked for me
>>
>>54733300
Every time I've tried KDE, it's just werked.

I've never spent the better part of a week getting it to work, I've never even spent the better part of the day getting it to work.
>>
>>54733300
Should've went with KDE4. It's polished and bugfree, unlike KDE5.
>>
Op ist good if you dont install on a shitti pc from last decade or are you retarded and you not know how to install KDE
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.