[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey you! Yes, you! You're technologically literate. You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: puking girl meme.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
puking girl meme.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
Hey you! Yes, you! You're technologically literate. You're familiar with a few programming languages, you work in the tech industry, and you've had formal education about the topics being discussed here. What gives? Why are you still on /g/? Most of us left years ago. I just remembered that /g/ existed and boy, I didn't think it could get any worse, but it did. You can leave any time, senpai. There are places to talk about tech that aren't so bad, I promise.
>>
I like web development general. It's a comfy general.
>>
>>54626861
>he doesnt have all the cancerous generals filtered
Try reddit, you will fit right in.
>>
>>54626904
>guy says he enjoys discussing web development in the web development thread on the technology board
>you sperg about "cancer" and "reddit" and do not make an argument nor technological discussion point

hmmm
>>
>>54626818
I was on here all through college, wagecucking, and then the return to the neet life.

it's the only place left where theres no code of decorum, and you can call someone who's being a dumbass a dumbass without some moderator getting pissy. Or, for that matter, where if you say something idiotic and get called a dumbass, you can just close the thread and it won't follow you because of the anonymity. And 4chan may be a shithole, but it's home.

>>54626904
there is literally nothing wrong with having a general for a frequently-discussed topic.
>>
File: 1463558348870.jpg (232 KB, 3527x779) Image search: [Google]
1463558348870.jpg
232 KB, 3527x779
Because I like computers enough to know how to use them and generally make them work the way I want, but not enough to ever want to do work on these pieces of shit.
>>
Because this is home. I grew up in /g/. From the first fermi housefires to the latest fermi 2.0 housefire threads, I have always been here.

I'm actually making coin being a freelancing programmer irl but I always come back here every once in a while.
>>
>>54626818
I used to hangout here quite a bit in college and it inspired me to get really deep in Linux etc which in hindsight helped me land this job at BigNameTechCo. Unfortunately I have no social life due to insane hours and being a sperglord so here I am again on occasion.
>>
>>54626818
I like the broadness of topics discussed here, plus I like the layout of 4chan.

I've been on this gay ass site for 11+ years but I couldn't care less if reddit invaded or if we all were forced to have user accounts. I just prefer the sites layout to that of other sites.
>>
i come back here because eventually, i'll catch up with all of the other communities i participate in. sometimes there are smart people who post here, but the signal to noise ratio is generally really bad.

>>54627075
> it's the only place left where theres no code of decorum, and you can call someone who's being a dumbass a dumbass without some moderator getting pissy. Or, for that matter, where if you say something idiotic and get called a dumbass, you can just close the thread and it won't follow you because of the anonymity. And 4chan may be a shithole, but it's home.

goes both ways, though. in this regard i still find traditional forums to be superior, because there is a sense of accountability. if you post stupid or incorrect shit, you'll be held to it. i've met friends and gotten work through forums, which i can't say the same about here - i would not want to associate with anyone who openly discusses image boards. anyone who talks about this place IRL are really fucking intolerable.
>>
>>54627075
>there is literally nothing wrong with having a general for a frequently-discussed topic.
It's Imageboard my friend not a forum.
There's not exist "a frequently-discussed topic".
All thread should be original and rare.
>>
File: 1229378682204.gif (85 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1229378682204.gif
85 KB, 375x375
>he thinks you can actually leave willingly

Anon, they're dead.

They're all dead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.