[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
netboot.xyz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: netboot.xyz.gif (131 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
netboot.xyz.gif
131 KB, 540x300
Just found this service that allows you to netboot the installation of the most common distros from anywhere without having to create your PXE server.
Did anybody try it and has some experience to tell me if it's worth it?
It hosts the images of the OSes I use plus some handy tools that can always become useful.
I was in the process of setting up my PXE environment but at this point I guess I'll scrape everything in favour of this service... I just hope download speeds from their servers is not crap
>>
>>54624201
pretty cool actually
>>
>>54624201
>Just found this service that allows you to netboot the installation of the most common distros from anywhere containing NSA malware to infect your device without having to create your PXE server.
ftfy
>>
>>54624201
that's pretty cool but CDs and USB sticks always seem to work fine

would only need PXE to upgrade remotely, as I've had more than a few shells disappear doing it the hard way
>>
>>54624429
Didn't check that yet but if the repository is publicly accessible and you can verify the file hashes I don't see the problem with that
>>
>>54624634
>and you can verify the file hashes I don't see the problem with that
i do.
it is a complete waste of time.
you are looking for a needle in a hay stack when you could be installing from a trusted source.
>>
>>54624201
Love how it includes TinyCore.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.