[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst Wikipedia Article
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
What is the worst Wikipedia article you can find? Worst in terms of article quality, not subject matter.

My pick is this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sousveillance

Highlights include:
> Lead image literally drawn by a 6-year-old
> Further down the page there is a 50 MB SVG of a photograph
> Article seems to have been created and, until recently, maintained by the same guy who coined the term (look at early history of the page)
>>
How much of a turboautist do you have to be to wear one of those things
>>
>>54622940
This is actually very descriptive picture so stop being an autist
>>
>>54623000
mann seems like an utter faggot.
>>
>>54623082
So if you don't think that an encyclopedia should use a child's drawing as an illustration for a serious article, you're an autist?
>>
Best wikipedia article thread?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Smith_%28character%29
>>
>>54623218
i don't see how the author of a picture used for an article determines how "appropriate" it is.
>>
>>54623122
i don't think so
>>
>>54623363
It's not WHO drew it so much as the style. If the exact same image were drawn by a 35-year-old it still wouldn't be appropriate for a serious article.
>>
>>54623278
This fucking gold anon
>>
>>54622940
So this Steve Mann guy literally wrote an article about himself and his daughter? What a fag.
>>
>>54622940
Probably the Zoe Quinn page.
>>
>>54623405
And from where I'm standing, it's a perfectly appropriate image to use for any article assuming that

1) it's relevant to the subject matter
2) it educates the reader in some intuitive way that complements the text

what random people on the internet consider appropriate for a "serious" article is kind of irrelevant to me.

Though if it bothers you so much, why not create a "serious" image and upload it as a replacement? If you think that'll somehow affect the seriousness of the article you need not hold back, for Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, after all.
>>
>>54623000
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sousveillance
The first one is on some Flavor Flav shit
>>
Still can't believe they don't manage to nuke this garbage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders'_Dank_Meme_Stash?oldformat=true
>>
>>54623595
I don't even
>>
File: fascists.png (510 KB, 1075x3936) Image search: [Google]
fascists.png
510 KB, 1075x3936
>>54622940
>>54623218
>>54623405
fucking fascist
>>
>>54623487
That's what I was thinking. I can make up words and make wikipedia pages about them all day long.
>>
>>54623740
Basically, although it helps to get some brief media coverage of your word so it survives someone stumbling on it and requesting a deletion.
>>
>>54623668
>Note: Article listed on Wikipedia:Votes for deletion Apr 22 to Apr 29 2004, consensus was to keep.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.