[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I use Linux and not Windows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: App-Connector-in-Win10-Logo.jpg (609 KB, 4912x3264) Image search: [Google]
App-Connector-in-Win10-Logo.jpg
609 KB, 4912x3264
Why should I use Linux and not Windows?
>>
If you have no reason to use Windows, and want to play with Linux feel free. There are reasons to use both, stop asking such a retarded question
>>
why should I use Windows and not Mac?
>>
Since you're asking such questions or shows that you shouldn't use Linux.
>>
>>54622077
You shouldn't. If you have to ask, it's usually a good sign that you should just stick with your current OS.
>>
>>54622077
I use Linux because I feel it offers me more options for customization and I like to be given the source of the software I use (So I can tweak a few things and be assured that it really does what it says it does).
I do however use Windows when I want to play games and use some tools that Linux simply doesn't have.
>>
>feature X of program Y annoys me
On Windows
>bitch and whine
On Linux
>edit the source code by yourself
>>
>>54622077
I don't use Linux because of the following:
>Gaming
>Reversing
>Video editing
I WOULD dual boot, and use Windows just for gaming and videos, but then there's reverse engineering.

I also don't want to abandon good, proprietary software, in favor of shitty freeware alternatives made and maintained by hobbyists. No thanks. Why should I surrender my awesome expensive software that is perfectly great in favor of some shit that lacks the features that I love in this one? No thanks.

Linux isn't for me.
>>
>inb4 the little kiddos bite the bait and the (You)'s start flowing like water
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.