[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you faggots ever just sit back and think how much fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: HTML5_CSS_JavaScript.png (23 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
HTML5_CSS_JavaScript.png
23 KB, 1024x600
Do you faggots ever just sit back and think how much fucking javascript is written everyday?

And for what? So the fucking page comes in at 15mb per view, and the top bar follows you down the page? And for this easy task just include
>jquery
>Jquery effects
>Jquery round corners
>Jquery entire js implementation in scratch
>jquery fuck you

Then off course you are going to need bootstrap agile and font awesome to really finish it off! FUCK modern web design
>>
>>54588976
You do know the minified version of jQuery that you ship with is like 97kB ?
>>
>>54588976
>what is a cdn
>what is caching
>>
>>54588976

folks like to hate on javascript/html/css but it's the only true write once run everywhere.

Java can only dream
>>
>>54589104
Things that most sites don't bother with because they're built by code campers who don't understand how thing work behind their cargo cult incantations.
>>
>>54589074
84kb before gzipping

still though, frontend frameworks are faggotry
>>
>>54589132
Spoken like someone who has never used Microsoft Edge.
>>
File: sjw_webdev.png (25 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
sjw_webdev.png
25 KB, 1024x600
>>54588976
I think I just figured out why webdevs are all SJWs
>>
>>54589236
topkek
>>
>>54589234
>>54589236

best posters on /g/
>>
>>54589104
Yes but the end user would still have to download it once. We don't all have 50/50 internet
>>
File: 1459505288945.gif (989 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
1459505288945.gif
989 KB, 770x433
about 95% of the things people use JS for could be either removed entirely and/or implemented with static content
>>
i think that since internet is becoming more and more standard in the developers target audience, they think that a few kB of js doesn't hurt anyone. it in fact doesn't, but only when caching and the like are used correctly. the initial download to them is just a speed bump, which isn't much to their end audience.
>>
>>54588976
Very important to get that image gallery to slide over instead of just blinking to the next pic. We need Javascript to live!!
>>
>>54589236
I'm sort of a /pol/ webdev, so you're wrong. I'm pretty much the opposite of everything SJW.
>>
Nothing is wrong with Javascript and it's fine for web pages to be larger than they used to.

The trend currently is to make websites behave like native applications, this is something that requires heavy JS usage.

Stop using 15 year old computers.
>>
>>54591223
I'll do that when you stop using megabytes of ad-serving and analytics scripts.
>>
>>54591246
Block them...?
>>
>>54591223
shit i'd honestly prefer if every page actually was a sandboxed native application over something with the complexity of a native application running in a shitty browser-dependent interpretation of a shitty dynamic language
>>
why do people use jquery? no one would use it if the base language had the same syntax and methods
>>
>>54591328
i feel like you answered your own question
>>
>>54591188
>>>/pol/, bigot. nobody cares about what the jews are conspiring about.
>>
>>54591328
It can be better than using vanilla JS to manipulate DOM. Better overall support and stuff. Not sure how true it is now, but it was like that before at the very least.
>>
>>54591391
>everyone on /pol/ is a bigot

>>54589236
Ugghh is it really full of SJWs??
>>
>>54591540
Probably only in the US, because that's where SJW cancer came into being. Just as with any other social revolution, like lgbt rights, as always it's the product of American culture (mah freedums).

If you're a webdev in some Eastern European country or in France, there's not much SJW shit going on. People in Europe just don't care much about this stuff. Sure there is tolerance for it, but there are no ethnic quotas in companies, like in the US of A, land of the free cucks.
>>
>>54592084
Writing code and being able to see the pretty results as you write it is attractive to simple minded millennial cunts. Hipsters do that. The more difficult and abstract programming tasks like writing a kernel module, embedded drivers, database systems, are what the real nerds do.
>>
>>54592895
So, according to your classification, there are no normal people in the software world.

It's either you are doing embedded programming and you are an autist nerd, or you're doing web development and you're a homosexual. No heterosexual non-autist would ever do programming, right?

And this classification should apply to the tens of milions of people who are working in the software sector in the entire world.

What can I say, you have a very refined perception of the world... For you, the world is divided between two clean-cut categories, there's no middle ground.

I thought it's usually a normal distribution line which characterises a population, not a dichotomic separation between two groups.

Because even the world of web development is hugely diverse. There are people who can only write HTML/CSS, people who can write HTML/CSS/JS, people who know how to use a framework, people who actually write libraries, people who do vector graphics, people who write shaders rendered in the browsers, WebGL, etc etc. This is just on the frontend. Once you start including backend, things get even more complex.
>>
>>54590664
I love this image.
>>
>>54588976
I used to hate all this shit like you. But jQuery essential for rapidly making cross-browser compatible apps. jQuery is not just another bloated framework.
>>
jquery ain't the problem anon.

go to any popular website. i picked ESPN.com. profile it. espn loads a 374kb file called espn-defer.js, a 143kb file called espn-critical-js, a 57kb file called espn-analytics.js, anda number of other js files. they total ~712kb.

712kb of fucking javascript just to load a mostly-static page. and it's fucking minified. almost half of a 1.6mb page

not jquery. vanilla.
>>
>>54593021
>So, according to your classification, there are no normal people in the software world.
You presume a lot about me from my three sentence post. If I had actually argued anything that you thought I argued, then your post would not have been completely retarded.
>>
>>54588976
Can't wait for Webassembly.
>>
>>54592895
even if you're making low-level system stuff, you're aiming for an attractive, human readable output

unless you're a part of GNU I guess
>>
>>54593078
Actually my post was very articulate and included a lot of arguments. Yours, on the other hand, is just an example of shallow and hasty generalisation.

Ie, you're saying if someone is programming in order to have immediate on-screen results, he must be a hipster cunt, because programming must be hard and disconnected from anything visually represented on the screen.

At no point did you ever make the effort to consider that when you are writing a library in Javascript, for example, you are also working a lot with abstractions, it doesn't necessarily have to be about pretty pixels dancing on the screen. It could be a library for templating, or a library for sorting algorithms running on the server. Heck, it could be some AJAX and form-completion algorithm that connects with databases. What about web workers? Web sockets? Are those pretty pixels dancing on the screen too?

Fucking retard, get over your superiority complex, doing embedded work is nothing special. You're like those people who argue all sciences are just "applied shit" and if you're not a math genius you better off yourself, because you're doing super-easy "applied" work.
>>
>>54593205
You connected to a database? AND you sent it form data? Gasp, holy shit a web socket with web workers? That's some impressive shit right there. I hope that's in your cover letter. Fuck all those NASA scientists making systems to put machines on mars, you made a fucking web worker.
>>
>>54591311
Same, I'm working on specs for something along these lines but it's really hard to get it right.
>>
>>54593327
>putting machines on mars

That's completely useless shit, pulled off by NASA to keep themselves employed. NASA is the biggest meme in the science world. One major university has produced more practically useful research than everything NASA ever produced. But Americucks are easy to impress, they are like big children with starry eyes.
>>
>>54593495
Yeah why can't they do something useful like making a pretty bbs thats limited to 140 characters with AJAX.
>>
>>54593522
The web powers the biggest commercial exchange market in the world. That means concrete, practical benefits for real people all around the world. It makes their lives easier and better.

NASA provides what? Tinted photos of galaxies and artists' rendition of supernovas in all the colours of the rainbow. "Sooo pretty, so inspiring" for the Facebook shitposters. That's what NASA provides mostly. They haven't produced much original research for quite some time. They're focusing on how to impress the media with oversaturated pictures of the cosmos, in order to put pressure on politicians to increase their budget. What a joke. Typical American public institution, wasting money on fairytale pursuits, on pies in the sky.
>>
>>54593495
>>54593205

Not that guy

Why are you so mad
>>
>>54593561
Most of NASA's current work is actually coupled with the defense sector on designing earthbound aircraft. One thing I know they're focusing on is the acoustics of high-velocity aircrafts.
>>
>>54593561
I completely agree. If I wasn't able to post on 4chan, read Drake's tweets and order dragon dildos then my life would be completely void of meaning.

>>54593570
He's mad because he thinks I said all web programmers are hipster faggots, and he is a loser nerd that writes shitty web pages so he took very personal offense to that.
>>
>>54593327
You sound like a total dick you know. An uninformed total dick to boot.
>>
>>54593669
Well, yeah, I just wrote that to troll him.
>>
>>54592084
SJW is in full force among webdevs in Spain, mainly because we need to feel American in order to feel validated (my coworkers even try to write their variable and function names in English. It used to be traditional to just use Spanish here. The problem is most of them don't know how to spell English for shit, not to mention glue two words together into anything resembling a sentence. It's fucking cringe city over here.

Unofficially there's gender quotas in web development companies. Faggots dye their hair pink and being a regular man is almost frowned upon. The fuck is wrong with this place...
>>
>>54593596
You are grossly overestimating the worth of your opinion on the internet. It's literally worth zero. Just like any other anon's.
>>
>>54593205
You got an inferiority complex. I recommend you learn to write in a real programming language ASAP before everyone finds out how much of a pussy web "developer" you are.

Faggot.
>>
>>54594070
I'm a webdev in Romania and nobody gives a shit about ethnic or minority rights in a company. While people tolerate them to some extent, you won't see any quotas or special treatment for any of them. If you're competent, you're hired, simple as that.

So Eastern Europe > the West in this respect. We don't have any of your cancerous SJW practices. You did this to yourselves, Westernfags, you cucked yourselves into political correctness.
>>
>>54594115
this is true, neighbour
>>
>>54593561
NASA is one of the few technological innovators free of corporate greed left.

And you are a sad loser who can't code anything that's not shitty vapid ephemeral and completely void of trascendence.

Keep churning out those Facebook games pajeet, you'll be remembered for your contributions to mankind... As a shitstain in the annals of history lol
>>
File: jquery.png (48 KB, 1024x874) Image search: [Google]
jquery.png
48 KB, 1024x874
>>
>>54594115
Totally agree. I'll have to move east.
>>
>>54594139
>a while ago
>some times
>just now

Made my day
>>
>>54594092
I don't give a shit about your autismal edgelord beliefs. Go be a niche "embedded" code monkey for the rest of your life. If you tell a chick what you're doing, she's gonna look at you like you're a fucking weirdo. If I show her what I do, she's gonna suck my dick.
>>
>>54594130
I don't give a shit about humanity, all I care is about my paycheck. Humanity can go suck a dick, for all I care. I'm not in charge with elevating it.
>>
File: es6-logo.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
es6-logo.png
4 KB, 400x400
Ah, yes, but you haven't seen the new update, have you? Your browsers just got crohn's.
>>
>>54590664
How would you make a web app without JS?
>>
>>54594343
css
>>
>>54589236
oh shit
>>
>>54594368
I don't follow. CSS is for styling, not behaviour.

How would e.g. a chat app work? A CSS-styled HTML form reloading every second with http-equiv="refresh" or hwat?
>>
File: 1430680124768.png (103 KB, 506x662) Image search: [Google]
1430680124768.png
103 KB, 506x662
>>54593094
>>
>>54594130
>muh romanticized narrative of humanity's destiny to colonize the stars
will redditors ever cease to amaze?
>>
File: xMHqmQo.jpg (94 KB, 850x315) Image search: [Google]
xMHqmQo.jpg
94 KB, 850x315
>>54594443
Pic related, it's Nasa's letterhead.
>>
>>54594443
> muh unconstructive shitpost
4chan never disappoints either
>>
>he can't make a fixed topbar without using js
>>
>>54594130
>NASA is one of the few technological innovators free of corporate greed left.
you don't honestly believe this do you?
>>
>>54594408
Not him, but maybe a chat app shouldn't be made in an environment that was made to publish texts, document and other kinds of media.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.