[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are red LED lights (yep -- I just said "light emitting diode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: awesome.jpg (113 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
113 KB, 500x654
Are red LED lights (yep -- I just said "light emitting diode lights") wise to have in a computer case?

I'm currently shopping for a new exterior, and I'm so far loving this black tower I keep getting recommended to me. But it comes with red LEDs, which I'm hesitant towards because red lighting in general produces more heat. Yet after looking through the case specs, the LEDs are only in the fans at the front; leading me to believe that since they're pretty much buttbuddies with the cooling fans, it shouldn't be much of an issue. At yet whatever Googling I've done has produced too little information to either assert or contest this nothing. Thus I'm at least some slight impasse right now.

Also, pic unrelated. Though, I feel it'll distract some of you too much from anything I care to post here. wigglewiggle.
>>
You'll have higher temperatures, but as a tradeoff, you'll be able to achieve more aggressive framerates in modern video games. if you're really worried about temps though, try some blue ones for the chilling effect--though you'll sacrifice a certain amount of accuracy
>>
File: kbHbbMj.jpg (137 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
kbHbbMj.jpg
137 KB, 700x900
>>54503716
Here's the official guide
>>
>>54503745
This. LED lights are faster.
>>
>>54503745
kek

>>54503716
LEDs will not add a perceptible or measurable amount of heat to your case, unless you have 100W+ of LEDs.

If you have enough LEDs to heat your internal case by more than 1 degree, you also have enough LEDs to be permanently blinded every time the case is opened.
>>
>>54503716

Damn. I was going to hop in on this but >>54503745 and >>54503757 have it covered.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.