[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shark bro´s how fucked up is my network?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: memeshark.jpg (745 KB, 1919x1040) Image search: [Google]
memeshark.jpg
745 KB, 1919x1040
Shark bro´s how fucked up is my network?
>>
Burn everything you're done.
>>
That's not nearly enough info. Upload the trace somewhere and I'll take look cause I'm bored.
>>
>>54478470
https://mega.nz/#!wAA3UbyQ!FBwPNL0L4CdSUXMkGDL7IJZ9oIMOudCImO9OQwLGlrE
>>
>>54478269
name of the software?
>>
>>54479204
Wireshark you blind fuck
>>
>>54479334
thank you
>>
>>54479204
>>54479397
downloading this won't make you an uber 1337 hacker overnight, btw
>>
>>54478636
>when you packet sniff your own network and then distribute it
>>
>>54479422
ok :^)
also checked.
>>
>>54478269
I'm also taking a look at the trace file, I'll help you diagnose so stick around
>>
>>54478269
>>54479553

It the time data is accurate in the pcap file, it looks like you only had TCP retransmits and out-of-orders for about a 2-3 second window (starting around the 90,000th packet). And the whole capture was about 18 seconds. This intermittent problem could be an indictation of a Layer 1 issues aka your physical connections (whichever ones you have)

>Wi-Fi
>powerline adapters
>ethernet cable
>router
>network adapter (wired or wireless)

You can try replacing one, then re-testing, then replacing the next if nothing changes, etc.
If you have wireless, try moving closer to the router (or moving it closer to you), if you have wired ethernet, try a different cable, etc.

I would say it's not that big of a deal but if it's happening for 3 seconds every 18 seconds, that will get annoying.
>>
File: 1457629227823.jpg (242 KB, 319x340) Image search: [Google]
1457629227823.jpg
242 KB, 319x340
Got your IP!
>>
>>54479531
>oh no they know my local IP and can see that I was transmitting encrypted data, even though they don't have the key

I think he'll be okay.
>>
I feel ashamed by the fact that I have no idea what I'm looking at.
>>
>>54479734
Thank you for taking a look. I got a wired network with a router between my connection to the modem from my ISP. I tried capturing directly from the modem with different cables and I still get the same TCP dup acks. The problem I´m facing are ping spikes in online games.
>>
>>54480138
black = bad

kek
>>
>>54480498
Bad how. Is that unwanted connections accessing his computer?
>>
>>54480594
No acknowledgement (ACK) from a request.... I think.
>>
>>54480776
Who is making requests. Why aren't they being acknowledged.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.