[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which OS is GOAT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Which OS is GOAT?
>>
>>54472376
Windows 10
>>
>>54472393
$.02 have been added to your Microsoft account, Praneeth.
>>
>>54472376
Probably Slackware, if we're being honest.
>>
>Gentoo
>FreeBSD
>Slackware
>Debian
>>
File: Slackware-Linux.jpg (43 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Slackware-Linux.jpg
43 KB, 270x270
Definitely Slackware.
>>
>Mom's stuff

Ummm
>>
>>54473531
Isn't slackware on a really old kernel, like 3.10 or something
>>
>>54473538
>>
>>54472376
Holy shit, someone else that knows Zorin exists
>>
>>54473538
Currently, yeah, but 14.2 is out soon based on 4.4.9
>>
>>54473561
>>54473567
Where do you download the most up to date version? All I see is 14.1 iso images
>>
>>54473580
Well, you can just install it and upgrade, there's an option in the install to upgrade during the process. Easiest to do with a LAN cable, if you don't want to try configuring WiFi on the command line.

Uhh, I think I saw somewhere that AlienBOB also does ISOs of whatever's on current. Maybe check his website.
>>
>>54473608
Alright I'm thinking of ditching Arch and installing Slackware, never used it before. I need to find a new home.
>>
>>54473780
I've never used Arch, so I can't really compare it, but I like Slackware. Been using it for several years, I switched after getting annoyed at systems that just automatically update and break shit.

If you're going to use it, the first two things you'll want to get after you install is slackpkg+ and sbopkg. The first expands the normal package manager to be able to use other repos, and the second is a separate package manager that downloads and compiles stuff from slackbuilds.org.

Once you install slackpkg+, have a look at its config file at /etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf (I think, off the top of my head) and down the bottom is a list of repos you can use, although I tend to just stick to alienBOBs repos and multilib (for gaymen).

If you want KDE5, look up and install the ktown repo.

Also, if you're vehemently anti-systemd and whatever the hell that guy's name is, you should be able to disable pulseaudio just by doing chmod -x on the relevant rc file in /etc/rc.d and it'll go back to alsa. Never tried though.
>>
File: 1429278661540.gif (70 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1429278661540.gif
70 KB, 260x260
Windows 7. Both 8.1 and 10 have the same "yo, here's a tablet interface to do your stuff, but you're better off with the legacy menu, there you can actually do what you are trying to do", and that's also what happens on linux with the terminal.
Otherwise either centOS or debian.

This trend in software is annoying. The irony is that toy oses like osx or android nail it.
>>
>>54473533
This man gets it
>>
Osx 10.8
>>
>>54473519
This.
>>
osx snow leopard
>>
>>54472376
TempleOS
>>
GNU. Distro doesn't matter a lot.
>>
>>54475199
>Distro doesn't matter a lot.
Done!

http://hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>54475242
I think you misunderstood. I'm saying GNU is the best, and that the rest doesn't matter much. I was trying to avoid discussing distros but instead here you are.

Derivatives are always bad. This means Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Antergos, Manjaro, etc.
>>
Xubuntu
>>
>>54472376

Wallpaper link?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.