[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is case pressure really a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Is case pressure really a thing?
>>
you'd be surprised how many things are things
>>
>>54466583

this post is a thing.
>>
Yep, physics does indeed exist
>>
>he fell for the positive pressure meme
>>
>>54466553
>I have no i DEA what positive air pressure is
>>
>>54466623
This "off by one" is a thing, just like MY meme numbers
>>
>>54466623

No, it was not a thing.
>>
Most cases have so much ventilation on them that you probably aren't achieving any pressure.
>>
>>54466553
That is yet another very old meme. You cannot change the pressure inside any of the computer cases and it doesn't matter which fans you use - you would have to completely isolate the case.
But what you actually can change and what really does matter is the airflow direction - you want fresh air intake from the bottom-front and the exhaust from the top-back.
>>
>>54466654
To be a pedantic "these dubs" were a definable concept, which is a thing.

Sorry, I had to.
>>
I can't think of anywhere else to post this so here goes.

I want an ATX mid tower case that can house the Noctua NH-D15.

That seems to be asking a lot especially with a window.
>>
>>54467109

>>>/wsr/
>>
>>54467109
Any case just use low-profile RAM.
>>
>>54466553

Simple answer? Yes.

https://youtu.be/sh6F2eccMec

Please forgive the cringelord in the video.

Slightly more complex answer? The relevance of positive, negative, or neutral air pressure depends on your goals. Do you want low heat and don't mind cleaning out your case once and a while? Go negative. Same deal with a neutral air setup, just slightly higher temps and slightly less cleaning. Positive pressure keeps your case cleaner with marginally higher temps but a significantly cleaner case interior, which is why it's the overall preferred method of fan setup. It's not a meme, it's just not as massive a deal as people would have you think. Consider your goals and place fans accordingly.
>>
>>54467202
The 450D which I was looking at advertises a 165mm fan height limit, the exact height of the NH-D15.

If either of them is wrong then I'm going to have a problem.
>>
Just be sure to have more intake fans (with dust filter) than outtake.
>>
>>54467573
>just be sure to have more intake fans (with dust filter) than outtake.

counter intuitive and oversimplified, not all fans are equal. check cfm ratings, have more air in than out it will force it's way out through any opening. if you have more out than in it pulls air through any opening.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.