[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which language would be the hardest to become a complete master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1462819631517.jpg (126 KB, 949x652) Image search: [Google]
1462819631517.jpg
126 KB, 949x652
Which language would be the hardest to become a complete master at?

I mean, knowing ALL the ins and outs of the language, the latest frameworks, the best libraries, etc... being one of the world's leading experts on this particular language.
>>
Probably JavaScript, there is a new meme framework and library every day.
>>
90% of languages is the same its about developing the technical mind
>>
The dead ones.
>>
>>54466144
I'm proficient in C++ and I'm inclined to say C++.
There's just so much crap in the language it takes decades to master all the ins and outs.
>>
>>54466410
operator overloads is a really beautiful thing, but using a new library is almost like learning a new language.
It is weird that so many tutorials / classes teach c++ as it is C with a few extra bits, but it is a shock to almost all students when they start using it for something more than that.
>>
>>54466276
/thread
>>
>>54466144

Depends, but if you look only at core langauge:

Nr.1 is definitely Perl. Nobody knows the complete Perl. Nobody.

Nr 2 is C++, it's four languages in one. Very hard to remeber it all.

>>
Common Lisp

C++ is pretty simple in comparison.
>>
>>54466878
>It is weird that so many tutorials / classes teach c++ as it is C with a few extra bits, but it is a shock to almost all students when they start using it for something more than that.
In my experience its the reverse. They learn all that oop shit and advanced C++ stuff while the only good parts of C++ are the C bits
>>
>>54466167
what about not in terms of man-hours spent, but amount of time taken to literally comprehend how it works, etc.
>>
>>54467000
>Common Lisp
Why?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.