[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where, where, how did /g/ learn to code. Share your experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 266x189
Where, where, how did /g/ learn to code.
Share your experiences of your origin as a coder.
>How long did it take to understand what to do?
>How old were you?
>Where did you learn?
>Who taught you?
Things of that nature.
>>
>>54457722
What ? do you want a lifestory you faggot?

>Who taught you?

Fucking mr miyagi
>>
>>54457722
/g/ doesn't know how to code.
>>
>>54457732

rude
>>
I still dont know what im doing
I started coding at 18
I started learning when i enrolled in Uni, im 21 now
Teachers but im mostly self taught.
>>
>>54457722
>>How long did it take to understand what to do?
couple minutes
>>How old were you?
>>Where did you learn?
my father is a university teacher( electrical engineering) and programs a lot, noticed I was good at math( top of my school ) when I was a kid, so he dropped a C book on my desk( including a compiler inside a CD ) when I was 11, told me here this is what you need to learn, also bought me a linux distribution( yes bought )
>>Who taught you?
self taught, made college classes pretty easy later on
>>
on my home computer (486 running Esix SysV Unix)
K&R C programming book.
>>
got hacked and trolled in junior high
dude linked me to early phrack ezines and trolled me into openrce.org
played with ollydbg and pirated ida pro
read some asm/c/c++ code and papers
forgot about it for a while
took comp sci ap in high school and learned intro c++
now i shit post on 4chan
>>
Dunno
>How old were you?
>Where did you learn?
At home.
>Who taught you?
The internet.
>>
i get my first computer with 7 in the 90s
so i started with html and java around 2001 and then i found sub7 brutforce and shit and was facinated but paused all that stuff now after 12 years im learning c at home again
>>
>>54458308
I started about 2 years ago.
I never showed any real devotion, I would just do basic lessons on khanacademy and similar sites, but would always be looking at the forums for every small step. Now I really am trying to get into it but I'm not really sure how
>>
>>54458308
>>54459133
Where do you guy live?
>>
>>54459142
Calif USA
>>
>>54457722
Mostly a self taught, started with C three years ago, in the purpose to make games.
Focused on game making at first (SDL, Allegro...), tried to make little games. Learned C++ in the process.
Some school webdev classes helped too.
>Best advice I can give: Don't wait on a tutorial or a book. Learn the concepts, then try to do something precise (moving sprite, collision...). Google + <insert lib documentation> are your best friends.
>>
Depends, I started slow so everything was pretty straightforward, with little steps.

>How old were you?
Not sure, probably 16/17-ish.

>Where did you learn?
Started at home, reading Python books, then C. Later at school.

>Who taught you?
Myself, my professor.
>>
HTML when I was 6, back in 2002.
My mom had a geocities site and I just watched what she did with it, and learned to make my own. It wasn't anything special, but it was all stylized and had images and even a soundtrack. Looked decent for the work of a six year old.
Shame it's gone, rip "cvc1996world"
>>
>>54457792
I remember lots of people buying Linux CDs in the early 2000s. Unless you had access to a broadband connection and a CD burner you pretty much had to order the CDs. As I recall Redhat and SUSE were pretty popular back then since they included fancy packaging and even a manual.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.