[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did websites like Google and Yahoo start putting the username
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160427_014908.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160427_014908.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Why did websites like Google and Yahoo start putting the username and password entries on different pages?

Did a username and password on the same page make too much sense?

Did some mentally ill purple-haired freak get in charge of how people log in?
>>
Someone explain why this happened, how it makes any sense at all.
>>
>>54455269
>>54455227
I'll tell you why it's helpful to me. For my school email when I log in to my account it redirects me to the schools custom email log in page. Basically it it saves me so I don't have to put in my password twice
>>
>>54455227
It's easier to write in your address then press enter and then your password and press enter again then to press tab or click on the next field.
It's on the same page btw, it's not the 90s anymore, wesites are more dynamic now.
>>
>>54455227
>taking a photo of your monitor
lmao what a retard
>>
>>54455348
>Entering in two pieces of information on two pages is easier than on one

Do you hear yourself lol
>>
>>54455391
>Being jealous of my 200 bitcoins
>>
Fast board
>>
None of you purple haired freaks can explain
>>
>>54455227
Because we thought it would upset you, it has so we won.

checkmate atheists.
>>
Material design, and

>it's faster
Like chip cards
>>
Probably as to do with adds, instead of getting one page of adds you now get to see two, if you don't use an add blocker.
>>
>setting up new phone
>please enter only your email
>tap email field
>enter email
>confirm
>wait for 3 seconds
>Now it shows name and G+ background of the account and tells me to enter the password
>tap password field
>enter password
>confirm
>wait another 3 seconds
why the fuck?
>>
>>54455227
For security.
>>
it makes brute force attacks harder you fucktard
>>
>>54456082
This.
Idk how this isn't obvious.
>>
So can't be hacked
>>
>>54455984
To personalize it and to make it harder for brute-force. Also, it will only show your profile picture on trusted networks. (Where you have logged in previously)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.