[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Editing/Rendering slowish... Can you guys help find my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Video-Editing.jpg (497 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
Video-Editing.jpg
497 KB, 1280x757
Video Editing/Rendering slowish...
Can you guys help find my bottleneck please??

Sony Vegas Pro 13
i7 5820k
16gb 2666MHz (4x4)
Asus GTX 760 Striker (4GB Version)
Rampage V Extreme

Read/Write I/O
SSD Kingston V300 (System)
Raid5 3x wd green drive (to read raw video files)
Sata3 HDD (to read large WAVs)
Sata3 HDD (to read all the Pics, Shoops and other files)
Raid0 2x SSD Kingston V300 (To write/render to)
>>
sure senpai I bill $120/hr with a two hour minimum. hmu, [email protected]
>>
>>54376941
That was cold...
>>
>>54376897
Get an AMD HD7870/280X GPU and switch to Adobe Premier. Use GPU rendering for Vegas with Sony AVC format.
>>
>>54377256
Does Premiere make better use of the GPU power if it's AMD? Cause those GPUs don't seem all that superior to mine in the spec sheets at least... I'm doing all that on vegas. The only thing that improved my speeds was to convert videos to uncompressed .AVIs Thank you anyway!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU
>>
>>54376897
2012 called. They want their gpu back.
>>
>not editing in blender | exporting as lossless | encoding with ffmpeg
stay pleb
>>
>>54376897
Had the same problem as you wirh sony vegas. The problem is theor TRASH gpu acceleration. I switched to Adobe and the same project that took me 1:30 hours now takes me 20 minutes. Blew my mind. I have a gtx 980 tho
>>
>>54376897
idk, does your software support GPU (CUDA/OpenCL) rendering? If not, always cpu.

graphics card is reasonable but any higher end one will work better if it's a CUDA/OpenCL renderer.
>>
>>54376897
>Sony Vegas Pro 13

sony sucks go adobe (premiere for grading/assembly, after effects for effects)

but with the rig if it's still slow, you need to realize video editing sucks and takes forever unless you literally have a mainframe/renderfarm.

when i got into 3d rendering my short times were 10minues a frame, and my longest renders were 16hours a frame on a 1.9ghz dualcore.

my quadcore dropped times to about 30 seconds, and 4 hours.

the hex core i later got dropped times to 3seconds and an hour.

welcome to the world of video editing, keep a bookself nearby when you export.
>>
So buy a faster GPU and go Adobe. I see.
>>54377820
Blender?! Yikes....switch to Linux?
>>
The GPU. Get a 980Ti.
>>
File: snap_01.jpg (652 KB, 2560x1400) Image search: [Google]
snap_01.jpg
652 KB, 2560x1400
>>54378438
If you are a long time Vegas user like me and find Adobe confusing, don't worry you can re-arrange all windows and make it look like Vegas.
>>
>>54378597
Sweet!
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>sony vegas
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.