[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a job with a CS degree after college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1378573210167.jpg (57 KB, 455x378) Image search: [Google]
1378573210167.jpg
57 KB, 455x378
How do I get a job with a CS degree after college?
>>
>>54376247
Dye your skin, eat lots of curry and learn a foreign accent.
>>
You usually start with applying for a job first my animepedogarbage devouring friend
>>
>>54376279
How do I fake having three years of experience?
>>
Stop posting animu on a Laotian shitposting board, ia a good first step tbth
>>
>>54376325
Literally just apply to everything, regardless of how much experience you have. If they see your qualifications are good and if you interview well, they'll assume you're experienced enough for them. The "three years" or whatever they say they require is usually a baseline and they will change their minds when they realize you're good enough without it. Good luck anon :)
>>
I'm doing work for the Army as my "years of experience"
>>
>>54376247
Suck dicks.
Not even joking, it's how I got my first job.
>>
This thread belongs in >>>/adv/

>>54376247
Same with getting a job with any major.
The degree itself is only slightly useful, the main reason you go to college is for good internship opportunities.
By the time you get out of college you should have around 1.5 - 2 years of work experience on your resume.
You should probably have a job lined up by then, too.
>>
>>54376247
You fucked up. If you didn't have internships every summer then you have no hope.
>>
>>54376325
1.Take lots of project classes
2.Looks up small start ups that are related to those project classes
3. Put some of those start ups on your resume and make up bullshit about what you did there

Now you can bullshit without them catching on to your bullshit
>>
>>54376842
Welfare queen
>>
File: 1444331070393.png (105 KB, 235x256) Image search: [Google]
1444331070393.png
105 KB, 235x256
>>54377238
>>54377261
How do I find internships?

>>54377327
>Take lots of project classes
I don't even know what those are.

I just started at a community college and am moving to a real one after I get my associates degree. Are these things only a real college would have?
>>
>>54376247
Don't be retarded. I interview so many guys with amazing degrees and zero social skills.
>>
>>54377394
Would you hire this guy?
>>54376862
>>
>>54377371
They are normally classes you take after you have completed some intro course. So don't be an idiot and take just intro courses, because you'll be that jack of all trades guy who doesn't really know shit. As for the internships you just keep applying or make friends with the smart students, so when they get an internship they can recommend you
>>
>>54377456
Sucking dicks is not good enough.
If he can suck dicks well that will make him stand out from the crowd though
>>
>>54376862
How is Apple treating you?
>>
you can't

you fell for the meme
>>
>>54377517
Was okay at first, once I'd gotten used to it.
Then everything switched up and now it's just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>54377456
Depends, I'd hire a half competent girl any day
>>
>>54377755
Based on the fact that I hire developers who have to speak to clients. You can google development a lot easier than social skills
>>
>>>54377371 How do I find internships?

Colleges have job fairs, like, every other week.
Most of the businesses that show up are looking to hire people from the graduating class,
but almost all offer internships have internship opportunities,

There are "help wanted" notices, mostly for internships, plastered all over all campuses.
Beyond that, your student email was probably flooded with internship applications that the faculty redirected to all relevant majors.

The easiest ones to get are the ones your teachers probably told you about (from businesses they know people from).
On the offhand chance that they didn't tell you, they would have if you'd asked.
It's a great conversation topic once you've gotten to know your professors.
Which is something else you were supposed to do, since you'll want to use them as references.
>>
File: 1458667175197.jpg (18 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
1458667175197.jpg
18 KB, 400x289
>>54377567
>gotten used to it.
>everything switched up
>pain in the ass.
>>
>>54376325

How did you graduate without doing internships?
>>
>>54379739
I'm nowhere close to graduating.
>>
>>54376247
If you have to ask that question, you either went to a complete garbage school or you didn't try.
>>
>>54379809
I'm a freshman...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.