[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get a memeberry Pi as a gift >Install Raspbian cause why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: makeitgreat.png (54 KB, 668x825) Image search: [Google]
makeitgreat.png
54 KB, 668x825
>Get a memeberry Pi as a gift
>Install Raspbian cause why not
>Decide I need a banner to remind myself to make linux great again

What are you doing with your memepi /g?
>>
>meme pi has no official distributor in my 3rd world country
>I import them and jack up the price 3x and sell it to gullible retards
>>
>>54369569
What country?
>>
>it's a what do i do with X episode
>>
>>54369955
Not really, I've already done what i want to do with it. There's lots of other shit that people do that I can't I'm just interested to see what other people have done.
I've used it as a tftp server, a cisco console server, and used it to simulate attacks to test network security. I'm not good with much beyond networking though.
>>
Get some servos and make an automatic cereal dispenser or something. I use mine as a network camera to monitor my toaster and coffeemaker
>>
fucking share that thing, I'll put it on my server
>>
>>54369539

making a security camera system that takes an image if the alarm is on + something is in the room.

It's a godsend of a meme computer. Only thing I cannot figure out yet is how to stream to youtube while it's in use by my surveillance program.
>>
MPC/Samba server also learing basics of linux magic. Good for start imho.
>>
>>54370916
Use it for all yours basics, apache, ftp, ssh, samba, routing/firewalls, it'll get you comfy and competent with linux.

I use mine with the transmission web interface for private torrenting. Works well.
>>
>>543711916
My ISP closed shut ports no way to have SSH from outside. Life is suffering.
>>
>>54371478
You must have very sad life, anon.
>>
>>54369539

collecting dust

it's fucking useless
>>
>>54371631
I still can't believe so many fell for the hype of it on /g/.
>>
>>54371677
raspi is for light networking services, home and industrial automation, thin clients and such.

/g/ faggots bought it for "learning programming" (which you can do on fucking anything), watch anime (which is too weak for), emulation (again, you can do it on anything) and file server (using a fucking USB and ethernet which is also on a fucking USB).
>>
>>54369539
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU /+/+/+/ Linux.
>>
File: pberry Pi_.png (154 KB, 302x373) Image search: [Google]
pberry Pi_.png
154 KB, 302x373
>>54369539
>>
>>54369539
I'm gonna ddos your IP op, prepare your anus :^)
>>
an audio daily planner, each morning I press a button for it either read out the daily headlines, read my daily plans from google calendar or stream internet radio.

I want to get it voice activated
>>
>>54374368
check the Jasper project on github, it does exactly that
>>
File: 08-25-15.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
08-25-15.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
>>54369539
Motion triggered bird cam. It sends all the pictures and videos it takes directly to my NAS and automatically removes files older than two weeks through a cronjob. It also takes a picture every 5 minutes on Sundays because I like making low res timelapse videos.
>>
>>54369539
>password login over SSH

Enjoy your currynigger bruteforce attempts.
>>
>>54376362
The pi is probably not accessible through the internet. Are you retarded ?
>>
name@lastname mail server for me and my closest family

rbpi is more than enough for that, domain costs pennies, power to run the pi as well and the whole package is smaller than your average wireless router.

haven't found more uses for it tho
>>
>>54369569
What country is that? Even where I live (Estonia) I got it from a computer shop for 35eur, Pi 3 Model B that is.
>>
>>54369539
On my TV as a retro gaming box, with two Dualsock 3's (don't use it for media stuff, got Apple TV for that) and one for for projects what I use from time to time.
>>
>>54369539
I set it up as a tv-show/movie grabber with sickrage, couchpotato and tramsission.

When a show airs, it grabs a torrent, downloads it, unrars it, renames and puts it in the respective NAS plex folder (series or movies)

This way I don't have to think about if I've downloaded the latest episode of a show or not, I can just go into plex and watch it, which is great.
>>
>>54376362
just install fail2ban, silly.
>>
>>54378420
What do you use for it to get the torrents? Like search "showname" "season #" "episode #"
>>
>>54378353
Estonia is not third world
>>
>>54378483
I dabbled with a RSS reader, but sickrage does that shit for you so after I found out about sickrage I started using it instead.

You just put the series you want in sickrages website interface, activate the torrent providers (iptorrents, kickasstorrents, torrentz, etc) in neat checkboxes and put the info it wants. You also need to put in other info such as where to download the stuff and so on.

Just research sickrage, homie. It's incredibly chill not having to check iptorrents daily for new episodes of shows I watch.
>>
>>54379253
Sonarr is another good program for tv shows. Same functionality but actually looks good too
>>
>>54379253
Also emby. Basically a frontend that lets you locally stream your media. Kinda like Plex but without the botnet.
>>
>>54374344
>using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.