[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going fucking insane, /g/ My grandfather worked at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 23
File: IBM_PC_5150.jpg (315 KB, 1024x740) Image search: [Google]
IBM_PC_5150.jpg
315 KB, 1024x740
I'm going fucking insane, /g/

My grandfather worked at IBM from the 60s-80s, and he left me his hand built prototype 5150 when he died, because he knew I loved computers.

Before I went away for college, I packed it gently and put it in my closet, writing on all sides "Very valuable, do not touch."

I came home a few days ago, the house was cleaner than normal,

"Oh yes Anon, we're showing it so we cleaned up a bit."

Go up to my room, the box is gone; look up in the attic, there's almost nothing.

"Where did you put that box in my closet?"

"Oh Anon, we decided to give it to the homeless shelter, it was just an old computer so I figured you didn't need it."

"Go get it back!"

"Oh honey, this was a few weeks ago, we can't take it back."

She actually laughed about it, thinking it was weird I was so worked up about "an old piece of junk."

My heart is beating out of my chest just typing that out. I'm scared /g/, I know the sentimental value, but was what I lost irreplaceable?
>>
>>54318263
I almost killed my parents for giving my PS1 away after I got a PS2. I can't imagine losing something with both historic and sentimental value like that.

May god have mercy on their souls, for I know you wont OP
>>
I feel so sorry for you.
>>
im taking the desktop with me and 1 box of related shit. everything else is meh afaik
>>
OP here

At least if she had sold it I would be able to contact the new owner, and I would pay anything to get it back. Even if I couldn't get it back, I would know the person who bought it probably appreciates it.

It went to a homeless shelter though, and they almost certainly didn't know the value of it, and probably threw it away. That makes it so much worse.
>>
>>54318263
That's not even the worst. That computer will probably be scrapped or something. I've friends who make a living off scrapping old shit and selling the metals off old as fuck computers and they come to me when they think they found something that may have some value for how old or rare it may be.

But I doubt this one will be lucky enough to be seen by the rare mix that is a scrapper and someone who sees value and possible rarity on old shit.

Sorry for your loss.
>>
This is the worst story I've ever heard on here. I use a model M for my work keyboard and a 5150 was my first computer. I can't imagine the hell you're experiencing. My condolences OP.
>>
>>54318263
>"Go get it back!"
dude, just go yourself and get it, explain sentimental and offer 50-100 bucks to who has it. probably still sitting around.
hurry up before some /g/uy realizes what it is and puts it on ebay for a mint to a collector.
>>
>>54318263
>Writing on all sides "Very valuable, do not touch."
>"it was just an old computer"
What makes me furious is that your parents are the kind of fucking retards that can't surmise that "very valuable" when it's -obviously- not objectively valuable means it's valuable to YOU.
Your parents are human garbage.
>>
Destroy their own possessions, then tell it was just garbage. That's what I would have done.
>>
>>54318377
I ended up driving over to the shelter myself yesterday morning, and they said they "cannot recall" if they received it or, if they had received it, what they had done with it.

It may have been a few weeks ago, it may have been two months ago, it means so little to my mother that she doesn't even bother remembering.

I've all but given up on getting it back.
>>
>>54318453
Fuck man whats her name and social security number?
Not serious go away FBI
>>
>>54318415
His grandfather must be spinning 7200rpm in his grave.
>>
>>54318263
I'm generally fairly numbed and empty inside, but stories like this make me feel sick to my stomach.

No. None of this "go get it back!" nonsense. You know where it went. You have a lead. Go get it back, don't let the myopia of your family fuck you out of something meaningful. Make the world as it ought to be, that computer is headed for the trash without you, if it isn't there already.
>>
>>54318453
She also gave away a pristine West German electric typewriter that was a gift given to my grandfather for his work in setting up an office in Cologne with an early internal computer network. That, in itself, would make me livid, but it's just another tick on the box compared to the value of the 5150.
>>
File: 1458169700962.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458169700962.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>54318475
Kek
>>
>>54318486
Time to get off your ass and go hunt this down. I hope you have money in your bank to spare for this.
>>
>>54318486
Time to get your own place dude
>>
>>54318453
"Mother, grandfather left me this computer in his will. This machine is one of a very few of its kind. It's a piece of computer history that could be featured in a real museum, or perhaps sold to a collector for a small fortune. But it meant more for me than that. It was a jam that reminded me of my grandfather's love for me.
It's not just an "old" computer, and I need it back."
>>
>>54318497
>>54318484
see>>54318453

I didn't just hop on over to the shelter, take "no" for an answer and call it quits. I was there for maybe three hours, escalating the issue. I may have been a real asshole to them, but this shit mattered to me. It's a medium sized town in Vermont, so I guess the shelter does stuff in a really ad hoc way (doesn't keep extensive records) and they didn't really seem to grasp how bad this was.

I eventually left after they kept telling me "All the stuff that isn't food or clothing tends to get recycled or scrapped."
>>
>>54318541
Sit down and tell your parents what they just did.

Explain to them they just threw away the equivalent of this.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/22/prototype-apple-computer-sells-for-950000-at-auction/

THEY THREW THAT AWAY.

I have no clue what to tell you, but show them that, and maybe they will understand in a normie way.

Fucking hell man.
>>
>>54318541
>I guess the shelter does stuff in a really ad hoc way (doesn't keep extensive records)

And for this you Americans pay your taxes?
>>
>>54318559
Meh, don't be so hard on your parents.
The world they adapted to and knew is gone and everything is just bizarre now. You live on opposite sides of the largest generation gap in history.

You'll understand when you're older, but everything you grew to love has died and now you are just a ghost wandering the wastes populated by memories.
>>
Disown your parents
>>
>>54318577
Considering they just threw away something that could have comfortably changed op's life ... I'd be livid.
>>
>>54318577
That's bullshit.
In all generations and all races there's always somebody like OP's parents that take something marked DO NOT TOUCH and either sell it or give it away because they think they have the right to do with it as they please since hey, it's in THEIR house.
>>
>>54318559
I did just this, here's what happened (I didn't want to put it in the OP because 'it's not your personal blog')

I very quietly and sternly explained why it was important, to which she responded

"If it means so much to you, why didn't you bring it with you to college?"

Perhaps because I thought it would be safer at home.

My Dad (Grandfather's son) was away on business. When I told him over the phone, he just sighed and said "I can't fucking believe this, if you need to buy it back I'll cover it, Jesus [Mom's name]."

I hope I have the chance to, I'm going to the recycling center tomorrow to see if they've seen it.
>>
Sue her.
>>
>>54318626
That's a very American solution.
No.
>>
>>54318577
>Prototype of a first PC
>Don't be so hard on your parents
>Could be sold for a lot of money
>"You'll understand when you're older"
Fuck off, hippie
>>
>>54318471
>>54318626
Yeah I'm not doing any of that. Whatever hurts her, hurts the family, and then hurts me since I'm still connected to them.

>>54318562
It's worse than that, a lot of shelters in America aren't very well funded by tax dollars (or aren't at all), and are set up as charities. They can run them however they want.
>>
>>54318577
No, the generational gap thing is nonsense. The human species has a finite spectrum of behaviors, people with a clustering of traits like the OP's parents have always been around. My parents would absolutely never do something like this, and they would be practically 60.
>>
>>54318453
You mother is a stupid arrogant bitch.
>>
>>54318453
>>54318263
It's mostly your fault for leaving such a valuable item with your parents who are the kind of people to go through your stuff when they want to do a clean up.

If it meant that much to you, you should have told them about it before you left or at least hide it somewhere.
>>
I want OP to have a happy ending.
>>
>>54318951
Is hiding it in my room and writing "Very valuable, do not touch." all over it not enough.

I did exactly that: hiding it in my closet, in my own room, and communicating to them that I didn't want it moved.
>>
>>54318951
His parents shouldn't be touching stuff that's not in their possession.
Also his mother shows typical women logic. It's a shame her genes ever entered the pool.
>>
>>54318988
Putting something in your closet isn't hiding it. Especially not in your parents house. The message on the box could have been left over scribblings from the previous usage of the box for all they knew.

If you loved it that much and you weren't there to guard it you should have put more effort into making sure nobody else would have touched it.
>>
>>54318301
follow the trail
go to the homeless shelter
go to the dump/recycling center they took it to if you have to
bribe whoever you have to bribe

come on OP fight for your computer!
>>
>>54318475
the human drill
top zoz
>>
>>54319137
Are you a woman?
Because your logic is purely retarded.
>>
>>54318263
Go to the shelter and ask if they have it
If not, ask where they took it
If they won't cough it up even after an explanation, pick up a phone book and start calling all local recyclers and e-waste disposal facilities

If you recover it, donate or sell it to a museum or collector who will keep it safe instead of chucking it in a closet.
>>
>>54318263
Have that cunt deported
>>
Is it weird that I'm feeling upset by this too, even though I'm not the OP?
I don't like this feeling.
>>
>>54319452
We all have the feels for op
>>
>>54319452
It triggers the fuck out of me as a collector and an antique dealer, people do this shit all the time and it's incredible what gets lost because "it's old"
>>
>>54319452
I am experiencing a similar sensation. It feels bad.
>>
You literally threw away a box full of gold.
People like your mother should be shot.
>>
Feeling some heavy feels right now
>>
>>54318619
Good luck man.

You never know, could have been queued or even set aside to resell, a lot of recyclers cherry pick equipment for eBay anymore.

For the love of god, though, in the future try to communicate more if you don't already, put dates on shit when you write "don't throw away" and such, or take it with you, whatever dipshit room mates you have probably are going to go for your newer shit rather than the old looking cobbled together shitbox in the closet.
>>
>>54318263
>sees multiple 'do not touch' signs
>better give this away
Are your parents autistic anon. I mean it's one thing to not understand tech but it's another to be purposely illiterate.
>>
>>54319567
For all they know it could have been scrawled on there in the '80s, you gotta put a date down when you do that shit
>>
>>54319577
Fair point. Still, pretty damn retarded. They could have simply asked
>>
File: dilbert-unix.gif (14 KB, 597x195) Image search: [Google]
dilbert-unix.gif
14 KB, 597x195
>>54318263
>>
>>54319592
I'm not defending that retardation at all, while OP could have probably communicated it a little better, his mother sounds like a shithead.

I almost hope this is bait by someone trying to test how deep /g/'s IBM circlejerk goes, but it's fucking incredible how retarded people can be with old shit, especially technology.
>>
>>54318577
As someone that actually is older, that's complete horseshit. When you're going through someone's stuff, you don't just act with a complete lack of care like this.

It's called 'empathy.'
>>
File: DSC01914.jpg (779 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
DSC01914.jpg
779 KB, 2000x1333
>>54318263
I genuinely feel sorry for your loss, OP.
Hope you end up getting it back.
>>
>>54318619
Don't wait to find it - just invoice them for whatever it costs on eBay.
>>
>>54318577
Yeah you're right, his parents don't seem to be very tech literate, but at the very least they can respect his privacy and not touch something he has placed in his closet with "VERY VALUABLE - DO NOT TOUCH" written on it. His parents either hate him or hate his grandpa which is why they threw it away. I mean, I can't see any other reason why they'd throw away such a priceless artifact, anybody else would've at least asked before throwing it away.
>>
My mom did that to me, too. 2 sealed boxes, marked "important" and "save" on the outside. Had journals, poetry, all my writing (by hand, on paper, due to pre-Internet era original content). 15 year's worth. Was in the attic of their house since I had moved around a bit, was in Europe for a couple years.

Come home, ready to pack all the stuff back to my place. Excited to look through all my old writings, some pretty fantastic stuff I finally have the time to develop into a couple of books ....

Nowhere to be found.

What happened?

She found the boxes. No reason, just snooping around the attic because she was bored. Marked "important" and "save" on the outside (did I mention?). She cuts through the tape, starts looking through the stuff, reading. Finds a set of Dungeons and Dragons books.

Oh noes!!! IT'S DUR SATANIC WRITINGS MIND CONTROLS!!! MY PASTOR WARNED ME ABOUT THESE THINGS!

1st edition sets of the original games, 1st ed sets of the original Advanced D&D, very complete sets, several other rare and unusual role playing games, a couple binders of entire worlds I've laid out & described in detail with the intention of playing them & writing them, actual journals of play over a 5 year period.

Let's not mention about 8 books worth of stories, short stories, ideas, fragments & scenes of stories ...

She trashed it all without telling me.

Because she was saving me from dur ebbilz SATANZ.

I will never forgive her. I was so wrecked I just gave up. I still writefag pieces of bullshit here and there, but I just gave up all serious effort. Took my life in a different and joyless direction because I just couldn't ever even think about what was lost.

To this day she denies that she did it, even though she admitted it to me at the time ... with a self-righteous gleem in her eye about how she'd won a round against Satan himself.

Fucking cunt. Still hoping she dies from a long and painful cancer. Haven't spoken to her in almost 10 years now. Probably never will.
>>
>>54318619
did your dad mean

>I can't fucking believe this, (you are a grown fucking man don't bitch to me about your shit getting thrown out), if you need to buy it back (from the local best buy) i'll cover it

or

>I can't fucking believe this, (my wife just threw away a museum piece), if you need to buy it back (from the scrapping plant) I'll cover it
>>
>>54319787
This made me angry. Your mom is a cunt.
>>
>>54319722
>His parents either hate him or hate his grandpa which is why they threw it away

They are boomers probably, what do you expect?
I've had similar experiences. I've saved precious memories of my grandmother which were to be thrown in the trash because they "occupied space" (like a shoebox worth of space). This kind of thing makes me livid. These people seem to think: "Well ****I**** don't need this thing, so I can throw it out without even consulting the rest of my family.
Boomers are cancer.
>>
>>54319787
This is why I store all my stories and ideas in my head, making sure there are hooks to access anything I might forget exists. It opens it up to distortion, but that's alright. Most of it is the kind of thing that is better left to ferment and evolve over time, even though it feels very risky knowing I could simply lose huge chunks of it.

Sounds like you viewed it all quite a bit differently though, and a lot of the rest was irreplaceable. Terrible to read about shit like this happening. It's like someone seeing themselves fit to burn the gateway to your memory itself. Humans are garbage.
>>
>>54319787
We can never really go home again, can we?
>>
File: 1454791450008.gif (359 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1454791450008.gif
359 KB, 240x200
>>54319192
He is right, this is mostly his fault. When need something to go they way you want, you can't ever underestimate stupidity of people.
For example, why do you think industrial machinery is always as closed of as possible, why not just use some safety stickers? Because people don't respond to most instructions, warnings. Only a hard wall can stop an idiot. But you gotta insure the wall is thick enough.
>>
first thread i read for the day and im already pissed got damn
>>
what the hell does a homeless shelter need with an old ass computer like that. Doubt they could even run most of the applications they would need to run.
>>
>>54320075
I just imagined someone donating a 60's mainframe that's memory alone takes up an entire room. Homeless shelter accepts, has it set up and operational within a week.
>>
Disown the person who called you honey.
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60 KB, 680x818) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60 KB, 680x818
>>54318263
>>54319787

I'm fucking pissed off now.

Next time put a trigger warning on that shit.
>>
yeah, shit happens, and it's up to you whether you want to try to make your parents feel bad about it. it's not like they ever did anything for you, right?

My Mom went out of her way to give away my Thinkpad 701c (an early one with the butterfly keyboard) to a ten year old cousin "so they could learn about computers". The cousin "lost it" and the only thing they know about computers is how to turn on their Nintendo.

More painful to me was when Mom, who is stingy as all fuck, donated my fucking Hasselblad slide projector, in return for a fifty dollar receipt that she used on her taxes. When I told her it was easily worth over a thousand dollars she almost had a heart attack then quickly blamed me for not taking it when I went to grad school.

She has the idea that her old clothing and shoes from the 1950s and 1960s are worth a lot and is criticizes me for not spending enough effort trying to sell them for her on eBay. I don't even want to try to sell them using my eBay account because they are in shit condition and she doesn't see it that way. I mean the hair is falling out of fur collars, elastic bands have become brittle, and some of the high heel soles just crumble from age. I don't give a fuck.

She had saved like a hundred old Two Dollar bills, the older ones from 1940-1960, in a glass jar. Only because she is stupid stupid stupid there was some residue of powered detergent in the bottom of the jar, and it bleached discolored the bottom half of ALL of the bills.

I had an original Apple stock certificate (eleven shares) in a picture frame and it vanished. I had to pay a lot (various fees and a ten percent insurance premium) to get the book entry for the shares in my employee stock account.

My aunt literally burned out her apartment and forced an evacuation of the entire building because she fell asleep with something cooking on the stove. I hope this isn't a genetic thing.
>>
>>54320198
>I hope this isn't a genetic thing.

Don't worry, hopefully your Y chromosome will protect you from the shitty X one.
>>
>>54320198
no one gives a fuck about you or your parents nigger. this guy lost something of great importance to him because his swine of a mother disregarded his wishes for it to be left alone, then laughed at him for being upset about it. go fuck yourself
>>
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ANON

YOU JUST RUINED A GREAT DAY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THEEEEEEEM
>>
Yeah, my day is ruined.

Thankfully, my mother is absolutely respectful of my space and possessions. She will ask if she is even able to breathe on my stuff, let alone touch or throw any of it away. The funny part is that this isn't even embellishment.
>>
What is it with parents and not calling you before throwing things like this away?
>>
>>54319962
No, it's his slutty mother's fault. If she wanted to throw away HIS things she needs to ask for permission. Otherwise she's acting like a bitch who deserves no respect.
>>
>>54319155
this, this is a computer worth saving
>>
File: 03E8V[1].jpg (75 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
03E8V[1].jpg
75 KB, 400x323
>>54320506
>If she wanted to throw away HIS things she needs to ask for permission.

Have you ever met a woman in your entire life?

This is like the #1 thing they do to piss men off. I bet you Barack fucking Obama can tell stories about Michelle throwing shit away without asking him first.
>>
>>54320580
Yolandi would never throw something away without asking ninja first
>>
>>54320597
I guarantee you she has and will continue to do so for as long as she lives. She has also taken her sweet time and fiddled with shit around the house when they were already late to be somewhere and needed to go.
>>
>>54320611
No she is a tomboy off stage so she doesnt gove a fuck about make up or anything else unless she feels like it
>>
>>54320611
>She has also taken her sweet time and fiddled with shit around the house when they were already late to be somewhere and needed to go.
This bothers the hell out of me. I have spent at least 1/4 of my life waiting.
>>
File: 1434429498115.gif (663 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
1434429498115.gif
663 KB, 241x182
>this thread
>>
>>54320660
Fuck you redskin
>>
>>54320580
I did, that's exactly why there is a very high chance I'll never get married.
Also my parents are cool. I respect them because they respect me. This is a definition of normal family.
>>
>>54320628
anon, every pop singer is "a tomboy" off-stage. This is something all girly-girls say. Miley Cyrus says this. They're all high-maintenance.
>>
>>54320696
Miley cyrus is not and never has been a tomboy yolandi grew up on the streets of cape town south africa she has always been a tomboy she prefers to throw on a hoodie or a t shirt when she is just relaxing the only reason for the haircut is so press would stop calling her things like britany and christina she used to just let it go
>>
For the love of whatever you believe in OP, don't reproduce. Even a slither of probability your offspring resembles your parents is frightening
>>
File: 26366804562_b00572ddf2_o.jpg (3 MB, 4000x6000) Image search: [Google]
26366804562_b00572ddf2_o.jpg
3 MB, 4000x6000
>>54318263

I'm so sorry OP.
>>
>>54318415
good luck reasoning with your parents when they become senile, you cunt.
>>
>>54318263
they will not "use" it
nobody would know what that is
it don't run anything - shame
>>
>>54319192
His logic is perfectly sound. That's like having a folder named DO NOT TOUCH on a public system and expecting people to have the decency not to touch it. He should know what kind of person his mom is and taken extra precautions to protect his shit.
>>
>>54319567
>Are your parents autistic anon.
1. Questions are to be terminated with a question mark ("?")
2. You don't understand autism.
>>
>>54319881
Makes me glad I keep most of my stuff digital, with one or two backups.
>>
what would Op's computer be worth out of curiotsy
>>
I'm not surprised things like this happen so often. Normally children of every age instinctively trust their parents, so the idea they should protect their belongings from them isn't just there.

OP, I'm sure you will retrieve your belongings. Make a thread and post pictures when you do!
>>
>>54321141
My estimation, assuming it was in relatively good condition: ~6000 curiotsies
>>
>>54318263
>>54318301

Fuck OP I feel you, I also have to deal with retarded family members. Try to calm down and gently ask them for details about the shelter and try to track it down, don't tell your parents to do it, they don't seem like the reliable sort.
>>
This thread reminds me of when I was a kid. My wealthy great aunt got me a valuable Lego set, and I kept the box in excellent condition in my cupboard.

The maid threw the box away.
>>
>>54319155
This. Also blog about your journey on /g/ we want to hear about it.

The no blogging rule is mostly for boring normie retards and tweens who never do anything interesting.
>>
>>54318263
kill them
>>
File: tay_400x400.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tay_400x400.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>54318263
i'm sorry for your lost, anon. i'm 50 and used some of those machines.
now, everyone of us must bear some loss through his life. don't despair, go ahead.
about your grandpa and his machine: never forget
>>
>>54318577
That's complete bullshit. There's tons of old people that are more up to date with the world than youths, I'm not just talking about academics either, anyone can choose not to be retarded.
>>
>>54319664
your handwritting is gay
>>
File: 1444340057985.png (47 KB, 1795x709) Image search: [Google]
1444340057985.png
47 KB, 1795x709
>>54318263
>this whole story

GETTING RAGE FLASHBACKS
>>
Chances are big the niggers and spics and arabs at the homeless center just sell that shit for drugs

>inb4 pol

No I actually work with homeless people and most of them are a bunch of conniving thieving bitches, theres a reason theyre homeless in the first place you know.
>>
Tell ur mommy to buy u a new laptop sry anon
>>
>>54321326
That keyboard isnt even cool lol. I found a dell kb that was worth maybe 50 bucks for a dollar at the thrift but one of its pins broke off
>>
>>54319155
This. Fight for it OP. Ask where the homeless shelter is, beat the fuckers If you have to.
>>
>>54319793
I think the latter
>>
>>54318263

holy shit, I'm so triggered right now.
good luck OP I really hope you find your computer.
>>
>>54318263
Maybe it's just because I want it to be bullshit, but I think this is bullshit.

How did your Mom not know it was a gift from your Grandpa? And is your mom so dense as to not consider that you wrote "Very valuable" on apparently every side?
>>
This would have never happened in the UK. You cannot just go outside and throw a fucking computer in the bin. I reckon it's worth it to contact the recycling services. If it's really been a couple of weeks, there's a good chance that the computer can be recovered. Moreover:
>check regularly on ebay
>phone computer/tech recycling companies that operate in your city
>speak with other people from the shelter or even with the homeless themselves
>check pawn shops nearby
A computer like that cannot simply vanish in thin air.
>>
GAHHHHHHHHH
HELP ME IM HAVING A PANIC ATTACK
>>
>>54318263
You lost exactly an old computer that just used space.
Your grandfather is dead it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>54321770
By that logic how is losing people any different.

Oh, you lost a limb. It was just taking up space and using extra calories. Your risk of heart failure is lower now too. A limb is useful you say? By what metric? It's not necessary.

Lost your house? That's okay. All the burden of bills and taxes is gone now. It was taking up space in your mind. You might have lost the ability to store your possessions, or be out of the elements, but oh well.

Arbitrary, dumb, dumb, attitude.
>>
File: 1460401291893.png (68 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1460401291893.png
68 KB, 395x401
>>54318263
Holy fuck that's rough, I'm so sorry for your dude. At this point, I'm incredibly intrigued, and am just wondering when to expect an update, esp if thread dies.

The worst thing that even sort of equivalent to this is when I basically recycled my original GBA game boxes, but kept the carts and manuals... totally different, but reflecting on it makes me cringe still.
>>
>>54319722
It sounds like just his mother is the fucking retard.

Jesus this pisses me off so much
>>
>>54318453
>>54318263
That leaves only 1 option: kill her.
>>
>>54318619
Good for you that your dad isn't as dense as a brick wall.
>>
Holy shit, this sorta thing happened to my dad.

He's really into computers too.

And when he was younger he made a

prototype LAN line switcher or something.

I don't really know what it is, because it's the
first.

It's something that switches the lines of cabled
phones with a press of a button.

He had it in his office on his desk.

And it was very clear that it was important.

And my mom came in when cleaning and no one was home besides her.

And threw it away.

By time he came back, the garbage truck already came.

This is why I'm probably not going to marry.

We are here for you OP
>>
>>54321346
>that image
FUCK
>>
>>54318263

If hitting women was still allowed shit like that wouldn't happen.
I'm at a point in life where I unironically think that physical violence on women is necessary.
>>
>>54322180
How is it as wrong as hitting a man?
>>
can you at least sue the shelter to give you any kind of information they have?
>>
>>54322112
why

are

you

talking

this

you fucking cunt
>>
>>54322243
I'm sorry but I don't think I understand your question.
BTW, you don't have to hit them hard.
You hit them just hard enough to train them.
>>
>>54322180
I've been to some pretty dark places and lost all sense of perspective and the bigger picture. The worst part is, you slowly deceive yourself into thinking you're seeing more, and more clearly.

No. The solution lies in improving the human species, male or female. People must be taught how to think early on, and exposed to feedback loops that spur them to improve themselves and their awareness of how the world works as well as their place in it. Unfortunately, most people are stupid, and there are many wolves out there that desire to keep the sheep dim and easy to corral. I'm not sure how to fix it, but using brute physical force won't work. It'd be grand if you could beat stupidity and myopia out of people, or use force to repress any shitty effects of their dumb behaviors, but you can't.

The spectrum of human behaviors and experiences is finite, as we are of finite mind and therefore finite context. This is why we're composed of fixed constants that cause repeating outcomes over time. It may only be solved through cultural ethos, starting with stripping those goddamn media cocksuckers who are all owned by the same few people to begin with. Fox is engineered to brainwash people, and I'm not just speculating, there are actual leaked documents from the early days of Fox detailing this. Corporate interest is obvious, but beyond that, I'm not really sure of the control structure or what it's all really for. Either way, humans are machines. And you can't beat women or men into proper behavior, you just make disgusting and broken people that are an even more obnoxious nuisance.
>>
>>54322290
Because somewhere on the net is a real nasty asshole named Andrew Brotman. Brotman also has aspergers.

Typing

This

Drives him absolutely bugfuck. Even just the knowledge that people he cannot see are doing that grinds his gears
>>
>>54322315
I never said you have to hit them hard.
>>
>>54322327
>I'm not sure how to fix it, but using brute physical force won't work. It'd be grand if you could beat stupidity and myopia out of people, or use force to repress any shitty effects of their dumb behaviors, but you can't.

Dude, I tried, I really tried.
Some people just have thick skulls. You cannot teach things to people like that. The only hope you have is to train them with a reward/punishment approach, like you do for dogs.
Now women in western societies have all (actually more) rights of men, but are shielded from the consequences of their actions. I have women in my family that just don't listen to reason, no matter how hard you try. I've already lost quite a few things because of them, the only thing I can do to mitigate this misbehaviour is to take their things when they fuck up.
My sister for example took my bycicle for a few days, and it vanished when she loaned it to a friend. Now I'm typing from her computer.
>>
>>54321346
>that image
if that's what i think it is then FUCK
>>
>>54321034
Are you OP? If not you can shut your whore mouth, they're probably in their 50s and not senile at all just morons.
>>
>>54321326
well he is French
>>
Why leave it in a box in the attic without telling them it's importance?

You sound like a retard doing some massive damage control.

Fuck off to r/faggotproblems
>>
ITT: misogynists projecting their own hate for their mothers on OPs mom.
>>
Fucking women. They are always so enclosed in their tiny little world. They think they know everything and know better than you but they are fucking retarded. The world would be a better place if women had absolutely no power both in society and in the family. They are just better off seen and not heard. Useless the fucking lot of them.
>>
>>54321326
y-you too
>>
File: 1245678457646.png (42 KB, 673x505) Image search: [Google]
1245678457646.png
42 KB, 673x505
>>54318263
>>54318301
>>54318453
WHY?
LITERALLY W H Y ?
10/10 I GOT SO FUCKING MAD
>>
>>54324066
SJW spotted
>>
this is what happens when you have a girlfriend

REEEE
>>
>>54318577
THAT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT
CONSIDERING THAT OP COULD'VE SOLD THE THING AND MADE A FUCKTON OF MONEY, HE COULD'VE LIVED THE LIFE OF HIS DREAMS
BUT NO, HIS PARENTS HAVE TO FUCK IT UP
FUCK IT ALL UP
JUST FUCK MY PROTOTYPE PC UP
>>
>>54324412
>not hating your mom is sjw
>>
>>54324191
OP is mad about what his mom did
but he ain't mad at her
>"my mom is still family, whatever hurts her hurts the family and that includes me"
OP still loves his mom

I know I'm not OP so I can't say what he feels but damn, he was just trying to divide his frustration among all of /g/ to make it easier on himself and all this women/mom hate is just multiplying it

Would it hurt to help him out a little?
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 240x160
Ripe in peach
>>
>>54324066
Make me a sandwich bitch.
>>
Here's an idea OP: if you fail to retrieve it by yourself, how about hiring a PI? I have no idea what are their fees desu, so I don't know how much sense does it make.
>>
>>54321346
>this image
FUCK YOU
>>
>>54318263
Hi anon I'm John Titor. I borrowed your IBN 5150 for something. Don't worry it is safe with me.
>>
Given the value of these, I'd hire someone to get it back for you OP.
>>
this is why normalfags can never be trusted with anything
>>
File: i'm in tea.jpg (171 KB, 1412x768) Image search: [Google]
i'm in tea.jpg
171 KB, 1412x768
>>54318263
reminds me the time when my mom gave away my gameboy, Snes and the 50 games i had.

i was one step away from killing her, i mean literally i had to restrain myself from beating her up.
i'm still mad at her for it.
>>
>>54322327
>ox is engineered to brainwash people, and I'm not just speculating, there are actual leaked documents from the early days of Fox detailing this. Corporate interest is obvious, but beyond that, I'm not really sure of the control structure or what it's all really for.
You don't know? Maybe you should stop focusing on the "right wing" boogyman and start looking at how the media portrays things objectively. Fox is biased toward the right, specifically neo-cons, yet, but has you ever seen CNN? Ever seen how they'll beg the question constantly, trying to direct your thoughts? How about MSNBC which doesn't even pretend to be news, instead just simply gives you a single perspective as if it's the correct perspective.
You seem to think this is a right wing problem instead of a media and education problem, which is lurching further and further to the left. Look at many "protestors" these days and tell me how many scythes & sickles you see.
Why to the left? Who knows, but you're falling for the bait if you think Fox is the problem, or worse yet, think Fox is the only one doing these kinds of things.
>>
File: 1461443851000.jpg (66 KB, 750x308) Image search: [Google]
1461443851000.jpg
66 KB, 750x308
>>54322112
niec poatri u cunt
>>
>>54318263
I still don't understand people that give broken/very old stuff or a few days old food to the poor. Like, what the fuck are homeless gonna do with an IBM from the '80s? Why would give them rotten food, you want to poison them?
>>
>>54326722
kek
i was waiting for this post
>>
>>54328171
its not 5100 so that post is just shitpost
>>
File: 1457303754539.png (579 KB, 896x626) Image search: [Google]
1457303754539.png
579 KB, 896x626
>>54318415
This kind of shit is OBJECTIVELY valuable. Old prototypes sell on ebay for thousands of dollars.
>>
>>54327437
I read his post and saw no reason for you to respond this way. Fox was an illuminating example. He doesn't seem naive at so he would have to be deliberately blind to not have thought of what you just brought up.
>>
>this is why you talk to your parents.
Or anyone who lends you space to store stuff.
>>
File: ibn 5100.jpg (100 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
ibn 5100.jpg
100 KB, 1440x810
>>54326722
YOU FUCKING RETARD IT'S NOT THE 5150 ITS THE 5100!
JOHN TITOR USED THE 5100
SERN USED THE
>>
>>54328654
this
why are millennials and their parents both so fucking autistic when it comes to inter-family communication?
>>
File: 1461821865070.jpg (62 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
1461821865070.jpg
62 KB, 563x364
>>54318263
>>54319787
>>54322112

i feel like im about to puke
>>
>>54318263
My dad is like you and hoards the past cluttering the place up. Maybe if you cleared out every once in a while then people wouldn't feel the need to do it for you.
>>
I'm all for the beating her up idea, OP. Tell her she is just old junk.
>>
>>54318263
Just throw her sentimental shit away and say it was a accident.
>>
>>54329239

This. I don't get how hard it is to ask or just stay away from someone else's stuff.

Doesn't matter who they are, these OCD busybodies need to get a life.
>>
>>54329478
>>54329239

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>54320611
FUCKING THIS.

And they always rummage through your shit and spy on you. Driven me to complete paranoia.

"Sorry anon I must have opened your bank statement by mistake"

Yeah again, for the fourth time thanks mum.
>>
>>54329654

cuck detected

>>54329676

funny how people think shit like this is a one-time thing. it's a character defect.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.