[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else using NixOS? I've been on it for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: pure_nixos.png (940 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pure_nixos.png
940 KB, 1920x1200
Is anyone else using NixOS? I've been on it for a while and loving it. Curious to know if other anons have tried it, and what their experiences were.

>The Purely Functional Linux Distribution
>NixOS is a Linux distribution with a unique approach to package and configuration management. Built on top of the Nix package manager, it is completely declarative, makes upgrading systems reliable, and has many other advantages.

https://nixos.org/
>>
>>54313947
I want to, but i'm not good with the installer.

I'd rather use GUIX instead.
>>
>>54313960
Yeah, Guix looks attractive, especially if you like lisp. I'm more of a haskell sort of person, so the stack integration makes NixOS better for me.
>>
>>54314007
I can't program so the benefits of the internal structure of the OS are lost to me. But I've been wanting to learn Scheme for a bit but I get confused with starting and how it works. I also have trouble with Emacs and I can only do basic stuff with it form the tutorial.
>>
>>54314038
NixOS only really pays off if you're deploying immutable infrastructure or developing stuff locally. I guess it's quite a lot more niche than other distros.
>>
File: nixos-grub.png (88 KB, 620x460) Image search: [Google]
nixos-grub.png
88 KB, 620x460
Rollback of configuration is cool.
>>
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.