[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's start a smartphone general thread. Currently have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: droidmaxx.jpg (52 KB, 600x517) Image search: [Google]
droidmaxx.jpg
52 KB, 600x517
Let's start a smartphone general thread.

Currently have this disgusting piece of shit phone. Coming up on my 2 year contract in May, so tell me /g/ what's your favorite Smartphone and why? What are its pros and cons?

Also what type of plans are you guys currently on and what is the best in your opinion.

>pros for droid maxx
>basically nothing.
>meh decent battery life
>pretty hard to break screen

>cons
>slow as fucking DICKS even since the first day
>horrible layout
>overpriced
>"Kevlar back"
>had to get refurbished one 6 months after purchase because the volume and power buttons shit out
>got sent back a scratched, slower, older droid maxx
>speakers are textbook definition of cancerous
>audio quality on calls is shit
>basic texting platform ugly as hell (I already downloaded messenger plus and customized it)
>the list could go on forever.
>>
i have been using s3 cm12-13 for about 3 yrs. Now i got s6 and im in love w/ this. Although i hate touchwiz
>>
Just got a G5, pretty good and fairly close to stock.
>>
Just bought a nexus 6p, seems alright
>>
Currently on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact with 6.0.1 ... waiting to join the iOS master race.

pros:
>battery life
>micro SD
>waterproof
>it was just 400 bucks

cons:
>annoying as fuck flaps
>headphone jack is kill
>lags (duh)
>inconsistent camera performance
>fat
>LTE doesn't work with Marshmallow

Kill me, senpai.
>>
>>54133157
I'm currently using a Nexus 5X, but the Nexus 5 would still do it's job.
>>
>>54133471
Does it heat up? Had the z2 and could use the fucker as a hand warmer in winter
>>
>>54133157
I have that same phone. You can add one more con, still write protected for the newer ones since they come with a newer update and have little support it seems. I only got it since it was free and my old phone(still had buttons) was long over due for an upgrade.
>>
Have an S5. Not really much to complain about.
My only con would be that I can't root it due to AT&T
>>
>>54133526
In heavy use or when charging battery but while it's very noticeable I wouldn't say it's ever "hot"
>>
If it's rootable, there's no reason to buy a smartphone over $100.
>>
Hey /g/, quick question for you.

I want to root my samsung s7 and have followed about a dozen guides on how to do it but for whatever reason, whenever I go into odin, select the .img file I want, and hit start, it doesn't actually install twrp onto the phone. I got a passed message and everything on my computer makes it seem like it was actually added but it just simply isn't. I have the drivers properly installed, I have oem unlocked turned on in the settings as well. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
>>
>>54133417
>s3
you can custom the OS and change the roms for AOSP's,definitely a great phone I was using it from 1.5 year.

>s6
pile of shit. using it since the august and I'm stuck with touchwiz as my default home screen. the only hope for this device is nova luncher
>>
File: htc-10-sg-8-1.jpg (639 KB, 1680x946) Image search: [Google]
htc-10-sg-8-1.jpg
639 KB, 1680x946
>Thanks to a lingering deal with Facebook, my unlocked review unit came with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram not only preinstalled but refusing deletion.
>>
>>54133828
But they can be disabled, which is the same as deleted.
>>
>>54133887
Except for the whole "still taking up space on your chip" thing.
>>
>>54133828
Hahaha. HTC never disappoints and always manages a surprise fuck up.
>>
File: htc10_review.jpg (214 KB, 980x420) Image search: [Google]
htc10_review.jpg
214 KB, 980x420
>>54133897
>>54133915
It's still probably the best phone we'll get this year in terms of flagships.
>>
>>54133897
You won't get back any space by deleting a preinstalled app because it is located in the system partition, not the data partition, and they have fixed sizes.

Uninstall updates + clear app data + disable = uninstalling user app
>>
>>54133958
>that camera bulge
Just how? I get that Apple wanted their shit thin and couldn't add another millimetre but why the fuck couldn't HTC put the shit inside a fat body?
>>
>>54133897
>>54133915

Also, the 10 is going to have great developer support. The phone hasn't even been released and TWRP is already available. Root and custom roms will soon follow.
>>
File: image%3A211418.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image%3A211418.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hallo /g/
>>
>>54134016
>>54133828
>>54133958
Anybody know if the preorderable unlocked version works with sprint? It specifically says it works with AT&T and T-Mobile but no one can tell me if it would work with sprint
>>
should i get an LG G5 S7e or and iphone 6plus
help me choose fellaws
>>
>>54133471
Sounds like the Z5 Compact would be your perfect phone.
>>
I was actually thinking of getting a Samsung S7 but like other Applefags I'm stuck with a library of itune music on my iPhone.

Anyone know an easy way of changing itunes to a regular music library or do you have to do it song-by-song?
>>
>>54134127
http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/picture-this-htc10-coming-to-sprint-lte-plus-network.htm
>>
Nexus 5X, Project Fi. Bill was $30 and I get 3gb of data. I never have a problem with data reception.
>>
>>54134201
Doesn't it still have the stupid flaps and basically all the downsides of Z3C? At best LTE will work again and maybe headphone jack won't die right away.

With SE I'd get rid of all of the flaws and only lose on it being waterproof. (Micro SD is nice but 64GB is plenty)
>>
Why can't I uninstall [non-system app] and how do I get rid of it? I have OSMAND on my phone, I want it gone in favor of the fdroid version Osmand~. The "uninstall" and "force stop" buttons are greyed out.
>>
>>54133157
Just received my Moto X play (I think they rebranded it as the Droid Maxx 2 in USA, not 100% sure)
So far seems pretty good, coming from a Nexus 5 and a temporary Galaxy S II

Pros:
>battery life (3630 mAh)
>camera
>microSD
>near stock android
>nice front facing speaker
>price (got it for 299€)
>great screen even though it's not amoled nor 1440p

cons:
>Plastic rim, not metal like the moto x 2014
>No turbo charger with it, have to buy it separately
>Rattling plastic volume and power buttons that feel cheap as fuck
>>
Nexus 5 since launch, been running Cyanogenmod since day 1

Pros
>still fast as fuck
>screen is perfect size, anything smaller is for manlets
>dropped it like 100 times, screen doesn't have a single mark on it
>battery still works alright beyond its life
>rubber back so it doesn't slip out your hand
>perfect weight, not too heavy or light

Cons
>Speaker is a little quiet
>although the battery still works alright, its never been brilliant
>no microsd

Probably going to run it until its death, either that or Project Ara finally comes out
>>
File: 1396523624.jpg (191 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
1396523624.jpg
191 KB, 1500x750
Thoughts on Nokia Lumia 930 and Windows Phone OS in general?

Maybe someone here owns 930 and can give some feedback? It's quite cheap, has 2GB of RAM, nice 20MPx camera, quad-core CPU, really eye-catching and fresh-looking body design. What disgusts me is thickness and sharp angled corners. Lack of SD card is not a big problem here. I think 32GB of internal is going to be enough for me, unless OS takes like half of it.

I'm scared of that Metro desktop main menu - looks very exposed, photo thumbnails probably even appear somewhere in there. Is there a way to customize Metro menu any way I want? Is there different choices of design? Is WP OS as "freedom" as Android, a.k.a. can I plug it in PC and transfer audio/video files, different documents? WP market is so fucking small and it terrifies me, though it has most demanding and casual/mainstream apps. How about performance/speed/smoothness on WP? Is it anywhere near iOS?

I mostly browse web and listen to music through headphones. I rarely play any games or take pictures (well, because my current phone has shitty camera, so I never bothered photographing anything). I have never had a Windows Phone OS based phone ever, last Nokia was with Symbian. Right now using Android 4.0.3.
>>
>>54134727
The best apps available for most basic functions are the ones that come with the phone, and that's not a good thing. There really aren't more than a handful of noteworthy apps on the MS store.

For example, your only real option for music playback is Groove. They finally added gapless playback to it recently, but overall it's a sub-par app and if you don't like it there is no real alternative because it's a dead platform.

Six-month Lumia 635 owner. Enjoyed the visual design. Would not recommend to any human being.
>>
Thinking of dropping my carrier and switching over to Project Fi. I live in Los Angeles and apparently we have amazing coverage with Fi.

So my question is, should I get the 5x or the 6p?

I'm not a power user and I rarely use data since I'm always on wi-fi.
Thinking of getting 2 gigs a month as a result.
So, is it worth it and which phone is better?
>>
>>54134890 (cont.)
>>54134727
>Is WP OS as "freedom" as Android
It doesn't even compare.
>performance/speed
Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes your apps are perpetually "resuming" because you tried to operate some basic function and it broke.
>>
LG G3. Feels like a new phone still and it's two years old.

Would highly recommend the top dog Androids: LG G5 or Galaxy S7

don't fuck around with half measure trash
>>
>>54134919
>>54134931
>Would not recommend to any human being.
What other issues have you experienced?
>>
>>54134352
My friend has the Maxx 2, basically the same as Maxx but it has 2 lights on the back vs the usual 1, and maybe has more space and is faster. I've had a Maxx for 2 years and a Razer for 2 years and before that I had a slider and before that a Nokia. So I'm tired of Droids. Thinking about a Nexus 5
>>
1)best keyboard for android?

2)why would i change my calling and messaging applications?

3)Besides using nova and minimalism, how can i take my rice to the next level?
>>
>>54134306
They removed all flaps except the one over microSD and SIM card.
It does not lag.
Camera's better.
LTE works.
>>
>>54135391
>They removed all flaps except the one over microSD and SIM card.
Thank fuck. Dealing with the shit every time you want to charge your phone is so annoying ... at least it's balanced out by the good battery life, so you don't have to charge it as often.

>It does not lag.
Unlikely.

>Camera's better.
Quite a claim. I wouldn't be surprised if they used a better sensor but the biggest issue is the Sony software.
>>
Thoughts on Note 4 for 2016?
>>
I was thinking about iphone se and sony xperia z5 compact, but they both cost a lot, so - is it retarded to get a xperia z3 compact now?
>>
>>54135627
It's not retarded. If your budget doesn't allow you - go for whatever you can. Z3 model has almost identical specs to Z5 and yet Z3 is cheaper by ~50%. They both look the same.
>>
>>54133996
it's stylish
>>
>>54135627
If you need a phone right now, Z3C isn't a too bad choice. Though I'd rather save up for SE.
>>
>>54133702
Does seriously no one have any ideas? Have no fucking clue as to why it's doing this.
>>
Galaxy s7 edge

Pros:
>fast as fuck
>double click to camera is a god-send to capture my year old doing goofy things to use later as blackmail
>its sexy as fuck too (the phone, not the 1 year old)
>screen is B-E-A-Uuuuutiful
>waterproof is also a godsend

Cons:
>Software update schedule will probably be shit
>no USB-C
>speakers are loud, but quality isn't great

All and all, its pretty awesome senpai
>>
>>54135785
We're not your private tech support team.
>>
>>54135771
yeah, me too... I've been using android for 5 years and switching to ios sounds sweet
>>
>>54135798
Good to know. Waiting for mine in the mail.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160420-182706.png (64 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160420-182706.png
64 KB, 720x1280
Who Moto /g/ here?
This is a defacto Nexus device, and it's brilliant.
>>
>>54135818
Same here, even same amount of time on Android. Funny enough, I'd pick it over iOS back in the day when people bitched about Android, because iOS seemed too limited but they gradually improved it over time while the differences between KitKat and Marshmallow seem minimal and the devices get bigger and bigger. Now 4'7 is considered mini.
>>
Who still on xperia z here? Seriously its such a good phone except for the headphone cap. Idk when ill upgrade, dont really see a need to
>>
>>54133958
what about the g5 is it shite?
>>
>>54135921
I'm on it, just ordered an s7e, mine has no flaps on the headphone or charging port now, so no longer waterproof, the headphone port is fucked and always thinks there are headphones in, so I have to use soundabout to play anything out of the crappy speaker, and the charging port is a bit loose, it also sometimes changes volume and pauses music, though I assume that's to do with the dodgy headphone port. Not a bad phone overall though.
To be fair, I've had it since its release. Over 3 years ago.
>>
>>54135985
The headphone plug on mine is starting to seperate but i havent had any other issues. Does the z5mini or whatever ots called still use plugs for its waterproofing?

Also you shoulda got a dock, charges and turns it into a desk clock
>>
>>54133157
Want to get the Moto X Pure. Highly recommended

Pros:
>Gorgeous Quad HD Display
>Moto Features
>Gorgeous build
>Customizability
>bretty gud battery
>Micro SD Expansion
>Near Stock Android
>2nd priority in updates of course behind the Nexus series
>Moto's Fast Charging
>Dual Front-Facing speakers
>cute lil dimple on the back made just for your delight

Cons
This is mostly just preference, but I'll list everything a /g/entleman or Normie would want and nit picky

>No wireless charging
>No fingerprint sensor
>non removable battery
>No Type-C (my personal con)
>little chunky though it fits nice in the hand
>no AMOLED Display

This phone is fucking gorgeous. Absolute 10/10
>>
File: 1139034.jpg (111 KB, 594x797) Image search: [Google]
1139034.jpg
111 KB, 594x797
>just got my s7 exynos
>rooted
>start looking to clean shit up

>328 apps installed

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NIGGER
>>
File: tip of the hat.png (35 KB, 301x478) Image search: [Google]
tip of the hat.png
35 KB, 301x478
>>54136139
Not OP but I've being mulling over the Pure, I think you might have just convinced me.
>>
Whats the point in rpoting anyway?
>>
>>54133460
Problems? I'm thinking about a 5X, since the 6P has bending issues because of the dovetail joints used (to join metal and plastic) in a sad attempt to strengthen the aluminum body. Do you think it's worth the extra money? If so, I'll just get a hard case.
>>
>>54136254
uninstalling bloat
installing apps like sd maid to clean up android's shit
ricing
greenify
>>
>>54134267
How is the battery of the 5X? Any lag or sluggishness? How fast is USB type C for charging?
>>
>>54136277
Is that really it? I uninstalled the bloat and riced without rooting. So the advantages in rooting are minimal? I expected more to be honest
>>
>>54136363
lagdroidfags typically root so they can rice shit.
A good reason to root though, is to rid your device of Google and their highly intrusive apps.
>>
>>54136388
Doesnt disabling them do the same thing? Personally im too scared to root or install a Reasonable Operating Mobile, not due to warranty but for in case i screw it up. Especially since i tried to on two of my past phones and it seemed to screw up (probs because of regional differences for the phone maybe)
>>
>>54134236
That only says it's coming. Not that the unlocked version is compatible. AT&T isn't even having a version, and the unlocked is explicitly stated to work
>>
Buying my first smartphone ever, trying to decide between a Vodafone Ultra 6 and an Xperia M4, which are both very similar in terms of specs. The Xperia is more expensive but is waterproof, but is it worth the extra 40€ or is it just a buzzword?
>>
>>54136527
M4 overheats like crazy and lags like shit
source: internet
>>
>>54133157
>Contract
Just stop there. There's no reason to buy a new smartphone, you're just getting jewed out of money. There has been fuck all development in the last few years. Go to a spec site and compare the parts in a Sony Z2 and Z5 for instance if you want a good laugh.

I got a second hand oneplus one for 120 and it's the best smartphone I've had so far. I would recommend you find something similar, get a cheap sim-only plan and spend your well deserved shekels on something you actually need.
>>
>>54136516
>Doesnt disabling them do the same thing?
I assume it should, but that's usually considered not far enough around these parts.
>>
Hows the Nexus 5X?

Trying to find an acceptable upgrade to a moto g 2013, and its the only one that I can find in my price range that enhances on all fronts
>>
Droid MAXX is a damned fine phone, OP, you're just an idiot, we get it.
>>
everyone follow lexicierra14 on instagram
>>
>>54133757
>implying touchwizz is just the app launcher
>buying a phone with touchwizz despite rightly disliking it
>>
>>54133157
I have T-Mobile and I'm on their Jump program so I get a new phone three times every 18 months.

Right now I have the Galaxy S7.

Pros:
>camera
>water resistant
>microSD
>good battery

Cons:
>TouchWiz
>non-removable battery
>no usb-c
>>
>>54136551
thanks, man

so, if you pick up your non-water-resistant phone in the rain does the universe explode or something?
>>
>>54136247
Do it. You will not regret it, good sir.

One thing I forgot to mention was a con, was the Camera. But if you're on /g/, that really shouldn't matter
>>
>>54135860
Yea you're gonna love it once you get your hands on it. Be sure to get a case and screen protector as well too.
>>
File: Noice.png (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Noice.png
28 KB, 200x200
>>54137148
Yeah, I've been comparing it with other phone in that price range. It definitely seems like it gives you the most bang for your buck.
>>
File: england.jpg (60 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
england.jpg
60 KB, 543x960
Has anyone updated to that new 221.201.2.en.US update on the Verizon 1st gen moto g?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/668830-has-anyone-installed-system-update-221-201-2-en-us-should-i-1st-gen-moto-g.html
Don't know if I should update bros
>>
New Nexus device w/o the garbage 810 in it when?
>>
i want a small phone with decent performance, camera and battery.

someone recommended the Xperia Z5. it looks good so far.

anything else I should be looking at?
>>
Is it me or does 4G phone really gets hot when placed in poorly ventilated area (like under the pillow) while in idle mode? Even the battery drains faster.

I don't put my phone in sleep mode because I still have to wake up when duty calls, so whenever I go to sleep I set the phone to 2G mode (tho sometimes I either forgot or just couldn't be arsed about it)
>>
Should I worry about upgrading to a G5?
Just got a G4 a month ago, the serial number isn't affected by the motherboard shit, so I'm not sure if I have a reason to exchange it.
>>
File: muh_battery.jpg (681 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
muh_battery.jpg
681 KB, 2048x2048
Used ZTE ZMAX, paid $150 last summer unlocked. Not the fastest but quad core 1.6Ghz, 2GB ram, 16GB internal storage, 5.7" 720P screen and 3000+ mah battery. You can probably snag it for cheaper now. Comfy af imho.
>>
>>54137896
>android 2.1
>2016
>>
you are completely fine. im on an iphone 3gs and i have no reason to upgrade yet
>>
>>54137958

>android 4.4.4 currently, but up to 6.0.1
>prefer muh battery over retarded features and updated ui

Have fun with your 4 hour screen on time
>>
>>54137592
Someone answer me REEEEEEEEEES
>>
>>54136978
What's bad about the camera? Does it just not have good quality?
>>
File: 435345.jpg (491 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
435345.jpg
491 KB, 1600x1200
Why Samsung Notes are not on those lists of the best smartphones? Note 5 seems just as good as LG G4 and Xperia Z5.
Am I missing something? I really like them desu senpai. Idk.
>>
>>54134225
Android has apple music so...that's a option
>>
File: CgRBrFaW8AAw__t.jpg (54 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
CgRBrFaW8AAw__t.jpg
54 KB, 600x594
LG G5
Pretty damn fast ui. Nice and fluid coming from a note 3
Battery prettt decent i can get 5 hours sot
Slide out battery is pretty cool
Feels nice in the hand and fingerprint sensor is fast as hell

>Cons
Keyboard is a bit small for my big thumbs
There is some light bleed but its only noticable if say you're watching a dark movie in a dark room with brightness all the way up
Antenna bands are visible they are these small chips on the edges that look like wear.

Overall tho this is a pretty damn good phone. Goes to show that sometimes firsthand experience is better than depending off reviews.
>>
>>54136141
Wtf?
>>
>>54138030
Update
>>
>>54138629
One thing i forgot to add was camera. Pictures are really nice. Autofocus althought not as quick as the s7 its damn close. Also the wide angle feature is really helpful for quick panoramas without having to steer around
>>
>>54138546
menu button and touchwiz
>>
>>54136139
How much internal storage did you get?
>>
File: gs7g5n6pip6spcompare.jpg (231 KB, 1600x859) Image search: [Google]
gs7g5n6pip6spcompare.jpg
231 KB, 1600x859
I need a new phone this year, as my current one is dying on me. Im really tempted to get an s7, but there is also the note 6 coming up in the summer.
What are your thoughts?
Tl;dr s7 now or note 6 later?
>>
>>54138864
Note 6 its always the better phone
>>
>>54133157
>smartphone
>2016
>>
>>54133157
What's the best Windows smartphone for under 200 USD?
>>
I've had a galaxy s5 for 2 years now that someone got me as a gift.

Been thinking about getting a new phone. What should I get?
>>
>>54134991
nexus 5 or 5x?
I had a nexus 5. Nice phone but the battery life sucks and it's battery went to shit after a year and a half of use.
If you can still find one brand new then go for it
5X seems nice too
>>
>>54139203
wait for iphone7
>>
Im still on the OnePlus One
Pros:
>Battery life
>Super fast (even tho SD801)
>Rooting doesnt void the warranty
>1080p screen (fuck the meme)
>Great Sony 13mpx camera
>64gb
>$250

Cons:
>Non-removable battery
>No front facing speaker
>no amoled
>>
File: xiaomi-redmi-note-3-phone-14.jpg (39 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-redmi-note-3-phone-14.jpg
39 KB, 600x455
should i get it y/n
>>
>>54138452
Yeah. Quality isn't all that great. No OIS, either. It's 21MP, but MP isn't the only thing a camera needs. It gets the job done
>>
>>54134984
In my experience(had a 830 before), WP is either exceptionally fast or stuck Resuming... forever, depending on which app you're on. The built-in apps are usually fast and optimized, however don't expect the slightest hint of quality from anything you might get from the Windows Store. Upgraded to a Nexus 6P and never looked back.
>>
>>54138729
Haven't gotten it yet, but I'm willing to pay an extra $50 to unlock the Champagne color palette and 32GB of internal storage.
>>
>>54136711
I chose a moto X play over the nexus 5x
Around the same price, but the bigger screen and battery were the selling points for me
take a look at >>54134352
>>
File: lg-g4.jpg (55 KB, 710x500) Image search: [Google]
lg-g4.jpg
55 KB, 710x500
The only phone i never wanted to cover up in shit, I just love it.
I mean it's super fast, the screen is glorious and the battery not too shabby. It's a bargain to get now.
>>
>>54136272
I can't see how a normal person could accidentally bend Nexus 6p really. Not that I have tried but in what kind of scenario would it happen?
>>
>>54139441
Yes if it's the SD variant.
>>
>>54136272
Neither m8, Huawei just released the Huawei Honor 5X in EU. It's an amazing phone. I think it has the most bang for the buck atm
>>
>>54134172
I hear the G5 is a really nice phone. A friend recently switched from an iPhone (5 I believe?) to the G5 and he praises it up a lot.
>>
>>54139767
Not worth the money, currently if you're going for the best phone the S7 is the way to go.
>>
>>54134727
Honestly I loved the Windows Phone OS. Probably would have stayed with it longer but the app store is basically deserted.
>>
Just made a thread about G5 vs Nexus 6P, didn't know this thread existed, some cunt got triggered about it

Anyway, does anyone have a quick verdict for me? I'm thinking even though the G5 has superior hardware, the Nexus would be a better choice, or maybe there are other options I haven't considered?

If price isn't a problem, which phone would you buy?
>>
>>54135109
1 - I use SwiftKey and it's the best I've found up to yet.
2 - you really don't need to.
3 - I'm in a similar situation. I also have KLWP if you didnt try that yet. A lot of effort but definitely worth it.
>>
>>54139801
The OS is amazing but it has some critical flaws that is just insane to not have. Like being able to transfer contacts by Bluetooth or to a sim-card. Also the lack of content keeps anyone from buying their phones so it's never gonna grow and gain compatibility. Microsoft should have just payed devs good money years ago.
>>
>>54139840
Fuck you
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxi5HjPavaI

>Xiaomi Mi5

Holy shit, you really get what you pay for.

It's either super slow memory or really bad software to fuck up a Snapdragon 820 like that.
>>
>>54135503
I have a note 4 and I love it. Changed touchjizz to Nova which was a big improvement. I only had one issue which was purely my own fault for not properly formatting my SD card before I put it to use.
>>
>>54139850
Were you that cunt?
>>
>>54139441
Dark grey is out of stock.
>>
>>54135864
My G3 is fucked up.

Chop for light doesn't work, just flashes then I have to hit the icon in the tray twice for it to come on.
I can't get MMS messages when I'm connected to WIFI.
There are bright spots on my screen.
For some reason the storage settings will only let me migrate date TO my internal FROM my SD card.
And it's getting slow because they were out of the 2gb when I bought mine.

I don't know what the other options are. For the money my Lumia 640 was a way better phone but I know Microsoft will probably kill it soon.

Fucking chinks had to ruin Motorola.
>>
>>54139858
It's probably MIUI being poorly optimized shit on freshly released Xiaomis. My Note 3 pro had poor RAM management, messages being late and random disconnecting in USB mode until a few weeks ago when the latest update patched all those things out.
>>
>>54139020
There are Windows Phones that cost more than $200?
>>
I have a Verizon prepaid Moto E 2nd gen i just bought the other week. It's interminably slow. Is there anything I can do to ameliorate this? Features I could turn off, etc?
>>
>>54140062
It's probably VZ Navigator or the NFL app or whatever malware Verizon forces on their customers these days.
>>
>>54139951
I would root the phone anyways, but with that locked bootloader....

Is there a clean Google Android rom for the Mi5 out yet?
>>
>>54140086
Right. Forgot about that. Going through my apps and disabling everything now
>>
>>54140062
On a related note what's the best no contract phone I can buy for less than $300? Stock android pls
>>
>>54135109
1. If you only swipe - Swype. If both - Swiftkey. If you only tap type - Fleksy? Maybe?
2. I use LibreSignal for both Sms/mms and messaging. Depends what features you're looking for and whether the stock ones do it efficiently.
3. klwp or zooper
>>
File: warp.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
warp.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
This is the phone I have, it is okay but randomly it will restart and be stuck at the restart screen. It takes like 6 hours to fix itself and it pisses me off. Looking for something new to get, preferably cheap. Thoughts?

This is what I have:

http://www.amazon.com/ZTE-Warp-Sync-Boost-Mobile/dp/B00NWPVC0W
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (247 KB, 1222x1222) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
247 KB, 1222x1222
Is a 32gb Nexus 5x for 399 didgerydollars (310 USD) a good deal? I'll be upgrading from an HTC M7, will it be a noticeable upgrade?
>>
>Want to get a Moto X Pure
>Keep hearing rumors that Motorola is due to make some announcements within the next two months

Well at least the older models become cheaper
>>
>>54133471
I'm glad I'm not the only z3c owner who's jack is fucked.
>>
>>54140175
For $100 you could give ZTE another chance and get the warp elite else consider getting an S4 for $172 from amazon
>>
>>54135474
Get a magnet charger m8. I have that and never open the flaps.
>>
My OnePlus one shits out on me occasionally.
>gets hot while casualy responding to messages
>gets insanely hot while watching YouTube videos
>Cyanogen OS shits itself every now and then
>needs almost two fucking minutes to boot or restart
>power saving mode consumes even more energy
>3,5 hours instead of almost 5 after the official update to Android 6.0.1
>COS 13 ladies and gentlemen.
Just gonna get a fucking iPhone 6S Plus 64GB. I need something that just works and doesn't shit itself while doing that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-18-19-16-10.png (350 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-18-19-16-10.png
350 KB, 1440x2560
>>54135971
>>54139767
>>54137848
>>54139840

local g5 unpaid underage shill reporting for duty, is quality my nigga. sleek quick, just werks with ui that's gets me hard. removable battery will be a godsend if your in a contract, expandable storage same. gotta say the module thing might not be all that handy but i never planned on using it anyway
>>
>>54134727
I liked it two years ago. Now it's a complete waste of time to buy a windows phone.

No apps.
No apps.
No apps.
>>
>>54140300
*>3,5 hours sot
>>
File: paint.jpg (265 KB, 1001x2141) Image search: [Google]
paint.jpg
265 KB, 1001x2141
>>54133157
>ctrl + f
>Wiko
>no result
what is wrong with you guys
>>
Can anyone recommend a nice icon pack for my new s7?
>>
>>54140386
What are you looking for, anon? What's your wallpaper?
>>
Is the oneplus2 worth it?

>Any other decent phone for £300($400)?
>Should I get a Nexus 5x and save a couple of bucks, or just buy the oneplus2?

Help me out /g/
>>
File: edgee.jpg (743 KB, 1500x833) Image search: [Google]
edgee.jpg
743 KB, 1500x833
got rid of my V10 for an S7E, best decision ever.
feels so much faster and gets almost twice the battery life (8h SOT average)
>>
>>54140457
OP2 was a massive letdown, 5x is a lot better.
>>
>>54140360
They're all Americans who can't buy French phones.
>>
>>54139767
I got the G5 and don't regret the purchase in the least
>>
>>54139647
I want a G4 but I'm worried about bootloop issues since I'd be buying offline.
>>
>>54140575
Didn't they say that any phones with the issue would be fixed for free?
>>
>>54140609
They issued some kind of vague statement, but I don't plan to put it on a contract.
>>
>>54140609
Yeah, I have two, I didn't get a bad serial number so pretty sure they are out of stock.

>>54140676
You get a year of warranty after purchase, if you get a bad serial you can just trigger the bootloop by yourself and get a free phone without any question.
>>
>>54140609
>bootloop
Never in my 9 months of owning this phone have i experienced this issue.
>>
>>54139951
How do you like your note 3?

I've thought about getting one.
>>
File: 1427871838309.jpg (19 KB, 208x225) Image search: [Google]
1427871838309.jpg
19 KB, 208x225
>>54139846
>Microsoft should have just payed devs good money years ago.
If only it were that simply. Mobile devs just don't want to have to support more than two unique ecosystems, that's why Window, BlackBerry, and all the others are SOL
>>
>>54135812
But you can still be fucking curdious and help him.
>>
>>54140699
Well, I doubt buying off ebay would give me a warranty, but the G4 is one of the few phones I'm interested since I'm not confident enough to buy a chinkphone.
>>
>>54140746
>it hasn't happened so it can never happen

That's a stupid thing to say.
>>
>>54135864
Defacto Nexus...you gonna be saying that when you're waiting months and months for 'N'
>>
>>54140283
The warp elite is better than the warp sync?
>>
>>54140200
Its a good deal. It's a better phone if you're willing to live with cheaper feeling construction relative to M7. You may be better off spending the extra bucks to get 6P.
>>
>>54141079
Yep. Bigger battery, better canera, and slightly better SoC
>>
>>54141094
I have shit boost mobile though, might be switching to verizon though, i Just hate paying so damn much for contracts
>>
>>54139020
Only Windows phone I've ever seen was my friends. Can't fucking remember what model it was but I hated it. It had the windows 8 layout and you were forced to use Internet explorer and I only ever found cons with it.

Now that I think of it.... Maybe it was a Nokia Lumia? I mean I'm sure that isn't right but that phone name sounds familiar for some reason.
>>
>>54139285
Probably 5x. As long as it isn't that much more expensive
>>
Got a Lumia currently, in the process of buying a new phone but I can't decide which one

LG G3/4, Huawei, One+? Which one ;_;
>>
>>54141180
L/g/ 4
>>
LG makes some really good phones. Best phone i ever bought was an LG-G optimus G. Great phone, still use it as an ipod actually. The new ones are way expensive though.
>>
>>54141135
Yeah, same here. My one friend who was a huge microsoft shill had one and that's the only one I've ever seen.
>>
>>54141135
>windows layout

I quite like it, I see nothing wrong with it.

>forced to use internet explorer

Not true.
>>
>>54140360
What's the best Wiko phone in your opinion?
>>
>>54141242
Windows layout is pure personal preference

As for the IE, he just told me he was forced to. He wasn't the smartest person I knew at the time. Just using his words.
>>
File: 1387635650262.jpg (42 KB, 355x356) Image search: [Google]
1387635650262.jpg
42 KB, 355x356
ok guys so i can get a early upgrade through contract for around 230 CAD, i was thinking of picking up a iphone 6s, purely for the social media experience because for the most part social media apps are superior on IOS. My main concern is that the iphone 7 is coming out soon so should i just wait for that and upgrade? i only really care about taking pictures and messaging. very light gaming and work use
>>
>>54141094
what is soc?
>>
Is the Note 4 still worth the $250?
>>
>>54141339
The cringiest board out of 4chan
>>
>>54141339
>what is soc?
Suck On Cock.
>>
> had Oneplus One
> considered an upgrade
> looked around
> Huawei P8 looks fucking sick
> like a bajillion bands to access
> noice
> shop around
> buy it
> alright
> hey wait
> I don't have 4G access
> But...my Oneplus One did
> the L09 variant is the one that has a fuckton of bands
> in my excitement, I didn't check the variant on mine
> i bought the UL-00 variant which cannot access the 700MHz 4G band

It's still in pretty decent nick, so I'm considering just selling it on and going back to my Oneplus One.
>>
>>54141302
UC browser is available. You have to use IE engine on WP8.1, just like you have to use webkit on iPhone, so no FF or Chrome.
>>
>>54140491
Is it wrong that I want to make love to your keyboard?
>>
>>54133157
Literally the only even remotely acceptable Droid phone to come out has been the turbo 2.
I have a turbo 2 coming from an S2, and it manages to be a decent phone despite being expensive and bogged down by verizon bloatware.

What I get next depends on what's out. I don't plan on getting anything new for like a year and a half.
>>
>>54141339
System on Chip. Basically the thing that makes your phone play angry birds.
>>
what phone should I get I'm so fed up there are so many of them it's mainly for normie use like instagram, snapchat, facebook and of course pictures since that's what those apps are all about. Recommandations?
>>
>>54141313
shameless self bump.
>>
>>54141753
see >>54140283

It doesn't sound like you need much. I think people who spend over $200 for a phone are crazy. Also avoid chink brands beside ZTE.
>>
>>54140861
Curteous, mate
>>
You have 10 seconds to justify rooting your phone in 2016.
>>
>>54141870
>ZTE
what about nexus 5x or one plus 2?
>>
>>54141870
>recomending zte
there phones are all over 100 dollars. What a fucking waste
>>
File: Screenshot_20160420-210213.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160420-210213.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>54135109
SwiftKey and textra are essential. As for riding, I just try to find the correct icon packs, widgets, and wallpapers.
>pic related is my homescreen
I'm also /n/
>>
>>54140883
Go with the V10. It's like a G4 but better.
>>
Does anyone know the gflops rating of the Adreno 510? Can't find info online. I want to know how it theoretically compares to the 420 and 430.
>>
>>54142325
Swiftkey seems no different from Google or Samsung keyboard
>>
>>54140782
Sorry for the late reply. So far I can recommend it as long as camera isn't a priority to you. It's great when you have enough light, but picture quality deteriorates rapidly as you approach low-light conditions. It takes it's time focusing indoors and pictures turn up really bad most of the time, what's surprising is the front camera doesn't have such issues. I heard from some people they had better luck using Open camera, but have yet to test it myself so I can't verify whether that's true. As for the other things, it's been amazing so far, if I had to narrow down to most impressive features, then it would be the battery life and the overall feel/build quality which are some of the more impressive ones I've seen among Android phones.
>>
>>54133157
I had that phone for a year and a half anon, upgraded to the Droid Turbo 2.

I was going to write a list about how the phone wasn't all that bad, but thinking back on it, it could suck some serious dick sometimes. I would have stuck with it for much longer though if it just had expandable storage. Being stuck with 16GB was too annoying.
>>
>>54142479
I'm guessing it's around ~200 based on random benchmarks vs the 418 (SD808) and 430 (SD810)
>>
I've got a Galaxy Ace II which is on its last legs. Can anyone recommend a super lightweight compatible ROM that'll carry me over til I upgrade to a g4? Any other tips to make this brick more usable?
>>
>>54142497
Well, I really only occasionally take pictures and when I do it's not selfies so I should be fine.
>>
so you fagfucks want a "small phone thats fast with good battery for under 400"
either this is a meme or you have never heard of a iphone SE

plus btw none of you queers are gonna get laid chicks get wet when they see the blue text. They run away from the green'
>>
>>54142531
Holy shit yeah I forgot to mention the storage. Plus it fucking auto updates at the most random times.

For example.

I started working at the Post Office about a month ago and I work the night shift spring the mail, usually 10pm-9am kinda shit. Sometimes 6pm-6am. Anyways, I set a timer AND an alarm to wake up at 11pm, take a shower and be at work by 12am for my shift.

WELL HERE COMES SHITMCGEEMAXX

Fucking auto updates, doesn't reset the timer OR the alarm. And I missed my shift and got written up.

Also I have about 1000gifs and webms and jpgs saved on my phone and it takes up about 10GBs.

Also the alarm isn't super loud. Which is should be for heavy sleepers. I'm thinking I might have to go old school and get one of those mechanical alarm clocks with the two bells and hammer.
>>
>>54142719
Sorting the mail*
>>
>>54142552
oh god good luck with a g4 man, i've had to replace so many g4's because of it's shitty internals...

>good camera though
>>
>>54142497
Thanks anon. What carrier do you have ?
>>
>>54142332
Not worth almost double the price
>>
>>54133157
what do you think about Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro? it's seems like the best bang for buck phone right now
>>
File: 71eMC1KtKjL._SX425_.jpg (15 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
71eMC1KtKjL._SX425_.jpg
15 KB, 425x425
I have a blu life one x, pic related

>pros
it's 150 bucks
decent screen
decent camera
1.3ghz quad core
runs almost stock android 5.1
no bloatware
5.2" screen
unlocked
>cons
meh tier battery life (2900mAh)
plastic back gets stained from jeans after a while
ok ish call audio quality

best phone for poor people. prove me wrong
>>
>>54142708
Why do you hate freedom? Why do you insist on living in a digital jail?
>>
>>54143004

y no RMN2?

In that price range:
InFocus M560
takee 1
uleFone Be Pro 2
Meizu M2 note
Redmi Note 2

RMN2:
>Pros:
~$150
5.5" 1920x1080
2ghz Octa Core Helio X10 (good cpu, good gpu)
Removeable battery

>cons
only ~3000mah
>>
>>54143004
Also thats the MT6573 octa core. Just the slow not so good octa with slow gpu.
>>
Is there any trick to get bubbles outof screen covers? I have screen covers but idk what tool to use to get the bubbles out. Or how do i prevent bubbles or dust from getting under it?
>>
>>54143001
If I'm honest I've never heard of it before. Always been a droid fag. Never followed anything else.
>>
>>54143175
If you're talking about the screen protectors, I always have my carrier apply them for me. They have a little plastic tool that forces the air bubbles out from underneath. Pretty simple stuff.
>>
>>54143175
By making sure you put it on carefully the first time and that there's no dust on there when you do it. Curve as its put on and use and edge tool to push it down as you're doing it. Youtube this shit.

>>54143001
Best bang for buck, until Helio X20/X25 is out, or even P20. Chinese benches of them and SD650 put the cpu of the Helio significantly faster, and similar GPU power, with the edge going to the SD. The new Helio phones will have the high speed charging though, the RMN3 Pro doesn't.

It'll still be a good choice though, ordered one myself.
>>
>>54143210
But I just got a new one, can i go in and say hey i bought these can u help me?
>>
File: zte.jpg (36 KB, 515x593) Image search: [Google]
zte.jpg
36 KB, 515x593
>>54141905
Both lack a microsd slot

>>54141977
???
>>
>>54143282
Yeah I don't see why not. I get mine replaced usually every 1-3 months. Free of charge.
>>
Is there a way to use android pay on a rooted device?
>>
>>54133157
Fuck the droid maxx, Moto shouldn't have released it as a Verizon exclusive
>>
>>54140201

I think (and I don't know anything official) that since the Moto G line is being bumped up to 5.5" the next Moto X will have a 5.2" or 5.3" version. I really want the Pure edition right now but I'm gonna wait to find out what all the new display sizes are going to be.
>>
>>54143306
It has no carrier you stupid piece of fucking shit, kill yourself
>>
File: 908.jpg (66 KB, 680x635) Image search: [Google]
908.jpg
66 KB, 680x635
>>54143428
>It has no carrier you stupid piece of fucking shit, kill yourself
Are you okay mang? Have you been injecting marijuanas?
>>
>>54143503
Nice rebuttal there. It isnt worth spending 100 dollars on a phone let alone a fucking chink brand. 100 dollars is a lot of money for a piece of shit idiot
>>
>>54143543
That's not what he was saying, now pass me that blunt you stingy fuck before I bash your head in with this here baseball bat.
>>
File: galaxy s7.png (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
galaxy s7.png
61 KB, 380x380
>take hot bath
>watch porn on phone while chilling in the tub
I love technology.
>>
Droid 4.
Pros:
>Great battery life
>Removable battery/sd card
>Physical keyboard
>Great CM support
>tough as nails
Cons:
>kinda old, specs aren't great
>screen could be better
>>
>>54137592
Is that the android 6.0 update?
I updated my moto g2 from lollipop. The fucking thing is so much fast now. Everything runs more smoothly, the battery life is better, etc.
>>
>>54144037
>tub
>sitting in your own waste
>>
File: 4b6.jpg (8 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
4b6.jpg
8 KB, 400x343
Moto G4 when?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 592x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 592x170
Xperia M Ultra
>snapdragon 652
>6" FHD display
>3GB RAM, 32GB ROM
>4280 mAh battery
>USB type-c
>dual camera on back, high mp front camera

Seems bretty gud. Too bad it's Sony so it'll be massively overpriced.
>>
>>54139801
This

>>54134727
Came from a 930 myself. The Phonein itself was great, WP is a nightmare though. Virtually no apps and the ones that did work (likesynology apps) were basically bugged to hell.

It felt to me constantly like MS had WP like some sort of beta side project. Very much potential but shit execution and.
>>
>>54133157
Currently on an LG G3. Second favorite phone.

Pros:
>Perfect large screen size, very comfortable for two handed typing and also for one handed use
>Thin and light, doesn't feel very "dense" and is easy to avoid dropping as a result
>Attractive, modern design
>Fast enough to do everything I want on it comfortably
>Battery is decent
>Back mounted volume buttons and power button are lovely
>Good camera hardware

Cons:
>Battery life is /just/ decent
>Screen contrast and viewing angles aren't great compared to other phones
>No Adobe Flash installed on Fulmics
>A little sluggish in certain tasks
>Fucking awful camera software. XCam LG is the fix to this BUT the paid version requires GApps and I don't have that. I would give my left nut for manual focus.

My favorite smartphone? The one I started with, the LG Optimus One.

Pros:
>Surprisingly premium feel for a budget smartphone
>Fucking INDESTRUCTIBLE. Primarily thanks to a plastic digitizer. Dropped it from chest height onto tile flooring several times to demonstrate this. Battery pops out, put it back in, good to go.
>Fast enough in its day for normal tasks
>AMAZING third-party ROM support, seriously I have never seen so many ROMs pop up for a budget phone. They took it from 2.2 to 4.2 and it was an amazing experience.
>PHYSICAL. BUTTONS. And a TON of them. Two-stage camera button, four hardware keys on the front.

Cons:
>Tiny (3.5"), shitty screen
>Started to fall behind FAST and was eventually slow as shit. Could barely handle 4.2.
>600mhz single core with 512mb RAM
>Absolute shit camera
>ARMv6 processor meant many incompatible apps

I still have that Optimus One today. It was seriously a fantastic phone.
>>
File: 1453438130850.png (212 KB, 338x314) Image search: [Google]
1453438130850.png
212 KB, 338x314
>>54144435
not masturbating and blowing a hot load in a pool of your own musk
>>
>>54144443
man I don't wanna 5.5" though I already have one (in my pants)
>>
>>54145003
forgot to greentext
>>
>>54140300
Root it and flash CM 13. Works like a charm for me. 6-7 hours screen-on time
>>
>>54138629
>LG G5
>fucking thablet beast
>Keyboard is a bit small for my big thumbs
>>
>>54138629
SOFTWARE KEYBOARD
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (31 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
31 KB, 550x550
>$200 budget
>best gaming framerates possible
>not chink shit
>sd slot
>no more than 5.5 inches. smaller if possible

I think the moto g might be my best option, but if the new one is coming out soon maybe I should wait? Any other phones I should consider?
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2000x2000
I live in Canada. How much should I sell my Nexus 5 for if I have a brand new leather card case for it, 16gb, refurbished from factory few weeks ago, and smooth as fucking butter (rooted it too).
>>
>>54136388
I rooted my phone. How do I get rid of all my Google shit.
>>
>>54145874
You can't
>>
>>54144458
>USB type C
This meme needs to stop. Micro USB works just fine, and is superior in every way.
>>
>>54145822
Pay a little more for the One Plus X
>>
>>54145822
Isn't the LG G3 cost that much
>>
>>54146192
more or less depending on how much storage. does it run games just as well?
>>
>>54146428
The QHD screen doesn't help with smoothness, but since I'm not a faggot mobile gamer and I don't own a Moto G I can't do much of a comparison for you, hth
>>
nexus 5x or one plus 2? what else is interesting in that price range?
>>
>>54145822
I have a moto G and I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it, but I do love it since I just browse and shitpost
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.