[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy 1password. I currently use lastpass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1Password.jpg (144 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1Password.jpg
144 KB, 512x512
Should I buy 1password.

I currently use lastpass
>>
>>53922262
>>53922589
>>53922602

All deserve the mumps.
>>
>>53922253
bootleg it
>>
File: recent images.jpg (184 KB, 610x483) Image search: [Google]
recent images.jpg
184 KB, 610x483
>>53922253
>cloud-based password managers
>>
No, there was a problem with it a some time ago
>>
Nah. Just use KeePassX or regular KeePass (I use X currently, but I'm contemplating switching to the OG because of plugins) and sync it up with Dropbox.
>>
>>53922253
you might want to kill yourself.
>>
>>53922627
No
>>
>>53922627
Yes
>>
Safe in cloud
>>
>>53922253
Lol what. You're legit retarded if you think cloud password managers are a good idea.
>>
>>53927707
Even if someone downloads all the private vaults they can't do shit since, you know, they're actually fucking encrypted and they don't have unhashed or weakly hash passwords lying around in the database.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with LastPass. 1password is great aswell, though they're not as mature as LP imo. Not much practical difference between the two.
>>
>>53922253
>buying a password manager

You have one in your skull already...wait nevermind, you're retarded and thats why you made this post.
>>
1password is awesome. I switched from LP when they got bought by LogMeIn and haven't regretted it. Canceled my LP premium the same day.
>>
>>53928038
This
>>
Nah. Pirate it. Its browser integration is great.
>>
>>53928038
>>53929454
I bet i could hack both of you if i knew your email address. you probably reused a weak password or password base on some bullshit site with weak security. that's how i'd get you.

yeah there's a "keys to the kingdom" problem, but the solution is to just use an extremely strong passphrase and never tell it to anybody.
>>
>>53931833
>yeah there's a "keys to the kingdom" problem, but the solution is to just use an extremely strong passphrase and never tell it to anybody.
with password managers, that is.
>>
>>53922253
use keepass
>>
>>53922253
Use Enpass!
>cross platform
>Free
>Browser Plugins
>>
>>53931833
>horsebatterystablecar
>>
File: cloud.png (164 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
cloud.png
164 KB, 500x309
Use Keepass, you can sync the database using dropbox/whatever and still remain safe as long as you use a key file, which doesn't need tocbe synced, just copied once to every device you plan to use.

Now that's how you benefit from the cloud.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.