[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to cast mkv files to Chromecast? >renaming file
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (123 KB, 620x367) Image search: [Google]
file.png
123 KB, 620x367
Best way to cast mkv files to Chromecast?

>renaming file to mp4 works for video, but no sound
>the Videostram app sucks and won't buffer videos properly
>>
>>53920978
I run Plex server and use a plex app on my phone to cast all my offline media to my Chromecast.
>>
>>53921145

do you pay for a Plex pass?
>>
>>53921167
Nope, no need. I'm not even sure what the benefits are other than being able to stream stuff from your home when you aren't home.
>>
>>53920978
And if you don't want to use Plex there is always Emby media server which is the same thing but in a slightly messier package. The apps for Emby aren't as nice as the ones for Plex.
>>
>>53921182
You can do that for free too. You get special features for movies you own and music videos with Plex Pass.
>>
>>53921206
Oh, ok. I haven't really explored it since I'm perfectly happy with the out of the box experience.
>>
>>53921206
>Plex Pass
No thanks. Use universal media server
>>
OP here.

Trying to cast with Plex, it says casting to Chromecast for like 7 minutes and nothing is appearing on my screen except 'ready to cast'.
>>
>>53921343

still nothing...
>>
>>53921316
>UMS
BROTHER!
>>
>>53920978
Download localcast on android
>>
I use castnow on gahnoo leenux.
>>
Videostream extension for Chrome.
plays anything you have codecs for, its pretty sleek too
>>
>>53922971

way to read OP's post bro
>>
>>53920978
use a device that lets you stream whatever you want instead of depending on apps and Chrome
>>
>>53923030

suggestions?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.