[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: meditate.jpg (580 KB, 1280x1112) Image search: [Google]
meditate.jpg
580 KB, 1280x1112
"The IRC channel has not gone to shit yet" edition

Previously on: >>53906744

Welcome to /fg/lt/, or as I've recently taken to calling it, /fg+lt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

0) Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
1) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
2) Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux

Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe WINE can make up for it.

IRC connection details:
Server: chat.freenode.net:6667 (no SSL, 6697 for SSL)
Channel: #flt
If you don't have an IRC client (which you should), go to https://webchat.freenode.net/ to join the webchat.
Do not tick "auth to services" (as you probably don't have a freenode account), choose a nickname, and type "#flt" as the channel.
Google captcha, click "connect", all that.

Resources:
man <insert command here>
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
>>
Good morning /g/flt
>>
>>53918771
Alright so I'm using i3/bspwm/fvwm/icewm/pekwm/awesome/something that is not a full fledged DE and whenever a full DE would play a notification sound, these all beep my PC speaker. How do I make any of them not beep my PC speaker and instead play a sound?
>>
>>53918801
Whut? It's almost night. Is you blind?
>>
>>53918861
Faggot it's noon o clock.
>>
>>53918861
depends
>>
>>53918861
It couldn't be that other people live outside of your immediate area,so we can rule that out
>>
>>53918934
I think you put your clock upside down. You must be from Australya
>>
File: MURICA.jpg (92 KB, 650x731) Image search: [Google]
MURICA.jpg
92 KB, 650x731
>>53918958
MURICA faggot
>>
>>53918977
>I have so much freedom I want to build a wall to prevent it from leaking out
>>
File: cant trump the stump.webm (501 KB, 618x700) Image search: [Google]
cant trump the stump.webm
501 KB, 618x700
>>53918989
>>
File: cant stump the trump.webm (521 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
cant stump the trump.webm
521 KB, 450x576
>>53919010
crap I meant to post this

but for the the record I'm #antinose
>>
>>53918806
If you've got pulseaudio uncomment these two lines from /etc/pulse/default.pa
>load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/bell.oga
>load-module module-x11-bell sample=x11-bell

Should work but I haven't tested it.
>>
Can I not choose a /home decryption password that is different from my login password in xubuntu? Boo!
Anyway it's looking better than Suse with gnome.
>>
>>53919079
>picks a beginner distro
>is upset that he doesn't have any advanced configuration options
>has to post this in every fucking /flt/ from this point onward
>>
>>53919103
It's not like that's very advanced or anything.
>>
>>53919182
You also don't have a distro crafted for anything beyond basic usage. You can still set a custom password if you want it, but it'd be easier to get a distro that supports more customization if you want customization.
Not at all needed to post that shitty comment in every thread though.
>>
>>53919182
Check out the encryptfs package. You're not going to find a GUI for what you want, but it's possible with the same CLI tools you'd use on a distro that "supports more customization."
>>
>>53919216
Posted it literallybtwice and didn't get an answer the first time, shortly after which the new thread was opened. Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>53919320
He is. I posted >>53918806 this last thread as well but apparently he had no problem with that. Autists often fixate on random things, your post just happened to be one of them.
>>
>>53919333
You actually posted a question that could actually use some help, but whatever.
>>
Gentoo GNU/Hurd when
>>
>>53919394
GNU/Hurd never
>>
What should I do for babby's first, Xubuntu or Manjaro? I like the looks of KDE more than Xfce.
>>
>>53919406
Debian so you're not locked down to one DE (unlike on Xubuntu) and you actually have a functional desktop (unlike Majaro).
>>
>>53919406
Either Kubuntu or Manjaro are fine. Of the two I'd pick Manjaro because the software's more up to date, but I guess there are some security issues you should read up on if you pick Manjaro.

>>53919417
>Debian so you're not locked down to one DE
>Debian so you're instead locked down to one set of outdated packages.
>>
>>53918806
add this to your .xinitrc
 xset -b 

This turns off the motherboard speaker when X is running.
>>
>>53919425
Debian Testing is only slightly more outdated than Arch.
>>
>>53919428
If you're going with testing anyway why not just go with unstable? Doesn't it use the most recent stable versions of packages, like arch?
>>
Why do audio files sometimes not play in mint's movies thing?

They open, and they show the pause button (i.e. indicating it's playing) but the timer never moves, cannot be manually moved, and things can only be made to play by restarting the program (i.e. changing song keeps things as is.)
>>
>>53919417
>Debian so you're not locked down to one DE (unlike on Xubuntu)
What the devil makes you believe you're forced to continue using Xfce, friend?

>>53919428
Freeze periods that can last up to a year. I'll let that speak for itself.
>>
>>53919417
>locked down to one DE (unlike on Xubuntu)
you're retarded
>functional desktop (unlike Majaro).
the fact that you pointed it out WHIILE recommending debian as a better alternative just shows you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

stop memeing new users into unusable, broken, garbage distros like debian
get out of my /flt/
>>
hello fellow gnu/penguins

I'm having a problem on devuan
running ceres (sid), they are dropping sha1 keys for repo signatures and now I can't update and upgrade my system with a warning appearing

W: gpgv:/var/lib/apt/lists/pt.mirror.devuan.org_merged_dists_ceres_InRelease: The repository is insufficiently signed by key ... (weak digest)
W: gpgv:/var/lib/apt/lists/packages.devuan.org_merged_dists_ceres_InRelease: The repository is insufficiently signed by key ... (weak digest)

anyone know how I change keys or if developers solve this?
>>
>>53919492
>What the devil makes you believe you're forced to continue using Xfce, friend?
I tried putting Xfce on Ubuntu once and the whole thing collapsed, so I kinda assumed it went both ways.
>>
>>53919566
Well, consider this a lesson not to draw hasty conclusions with very little to base them on.
>>
I am trying to figure out how power management and ACPI are handled in Debian 8 with systemd. I have never used systemd before.

I have two problems:

When I select "hibernate" in the XFCE power menu it doesn't work, perhaps because I'm using full disk encryption and a swap file. I've got "s2disk" working properly, but I don't know how to make the system use it as the hibernation command. Trying to hibernate through XFCE's menu does exactly the same thing as "systemctl hibernate", and I assume that this is the command that XFCE uses, but I don't know. I cannot figure out how to configure systemd's power management features in any way.

I have several ACPI buttons on my machine that I want to script responses to. Somehow something somewhere is already responding to some ACPI events (the power and sleep buttons, for example), but I don't know what it is or how to configure it. I assume that it's part of systemd. Wikipedia says that systemd provides a replacement for acpid, but I can't find any information on how it works.

Are the systemd replacements for pm-utils and acpid anywhere near as configurable? Are they documented at all? Should I try to use pm-utils and acpid instead? How would I go about disabling these features in systemd in favor of their alternatives?
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.jpg (131 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.jpg
131 KB, 500x375
>>53919566
>ubuntu
found your problem
>>
Give me one good reason I shouldn't switch everything to Guix.
>>
>>53919417
Baby here, can you not change DEs? I expected I could change to KDE in xubuntu anyway. And what, to you, is not functional in Manjaro? It seems, from what little I've read here, that Debian would take more effort to get into.

>>53919425
Are there any major security risks you know off the top of your head?
>>
>>53919566
You just did it wrong most likely
>>
Can we stop with this GNU forced meme?

Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux:

>Well, I think it's justified, but it's justified if you actually make a GNU distribution of Linux ... the same way that I think that "Red Hat Linux" is fine, or "SuSE Linux" or "Debian Linux", because if you actually make your own distribution of Linux, you get to name the thing, but calling Linux in general "GNU Linux" I think is just ridiculous.

Jim Gettys, originator of X:

>There are lots of people on this bus; I don't hear a clamor of support that GNU is more essential than many of the other components; can't take a wheel away, and end up with a functional vehicle, or an engine, or the seats. I recommend you be happy we have a bus.
>>
>>53919734
You can change DEs. Currently I've got KDE, GNOME 3, Deepin, XFCE, and a ton of window managers installed and switch just by logging out and selecting which session I want when I log back in. No issues here.

I don't know of any major security risks, but whenenver a manjaro recommendation is made, there's always someone saying "btw if you're going with manjaro google around to learn about security issues" without actually clarifying that at all. Today that was me I guess.
>>
>>53918771
I have my audio on mute on Arch, at least that's what it says but sound keeps playing from the internet when I click on Youtube and stuff
>>
>>53919767
People like you who get publicly irritated by it are the exact reason these tards keep doing it. Nobody actually believes stallman is right when he says it should be GNU/Linux.
>>
>>53919767
>meme this meme that meme everything
I wish neo moot would just bloody include this shit in the filters.
>>
>>53919799
Screenshot of pavucontrol please.
>>
>>53919822
The word "meme" itself became a meme.
>>
File: 1459369612403.png (469 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
1459369612403.png
469 KB, 600x850
>>53919767
unfortunetly its not a meme
arch wiki is full of it
reddit is full of gnu+linux in sidebars and general titling of stuff

I too dislike it
autists dont see how retarded they look when you see them in televised discussion calling it "gnu slash linux"
It makes me sad, but what are you going to do when theres so much autisms in these circles

Anybody else remembers how it was awesome with punguin and simplicity of a single word - Linux

Anyway, can someone explain to be how does linux community benefit from the unwieldily title?
>>
>>53919873
Also to add, you should see gnu warrior trying to answer a question from a normie when they finnaly ask:
>what does GNU stand for in that thing you are saying?

autism makes the gnuwarrior feel like its smart to have recursive acronym, but normal person will just tune that noise out
>>
>>53919836
I tried opening my terminal twice now and my system crashed both times and I had to restart. I'm about to just distro hop, if I can't even use my terminal I can fix anyting
>>
Now that I've installed debian, what packages do you guys recommend?
>>
>>53919791
That's better than I thought. I was under the impression that you could install a different desktop environment at any time, but could only have one at a time.
>>
File: P_500[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
P_500[1].jpg
29 KB, 500x500
/fil/, i need help.
I have one of pic related, on which I've installed Arch and Cinnamon.

I have followed all the step in
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=ASUS_Eee_PC_1201T&redirect=no
and almost all work perfectly.

All but the Wifi. I've got network manager, applet, gnu-keyring, and with the ethernet cable work wonderfully. When i unplug the cable and try to activate the wifi the icon don't remain ON but switch immediately on OFF.

What I'm missing here?
>>
>>53919791
>Currently I've got KDE, GNOME 3, Deepin, XFCE, and a ton of window managers installed
jesus christ dude free up some space on your machine for fuck's sake you're insane
>>
>>53920013
Good luck trying to get wifi to work in linux. That's all I can say.
Make sure you installed your wifi card's drivers.
>>
File: 1458471470127.jpg (909 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458471470127.jpg
909 KB, 1920x1080
hey guys i just dloaded ubuntu and dloaded eclipse to start. i'm trying to install a new theme for it so i can enjoy it more but i'm having the hardest time installing this theme.

i downloaded the moonrise ui theme and it says to find the eclipse plugin folder but i can't seem to navigate the files on this thing.

i looked up some command line scripts like "file -name "eclipse" but then i don't know how to access that folder location.

anyone got any help for me?
>>
>>53919967
Dont launch X and use your getty?
>>
>>53919873
Good pic. Saved.
>>
File: 1458516278483.gif (2 MB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
1458516278483.gif
2 MB, 320x228
It's GNU/Linux.
Without GNU there would be no GNU/Linux.
First version's of Torvalds' Unix were only usable because Linus ported bash, gcc to work on his kernel.

In notes for Linux v.0.01 Torvalds said:
>Sadly, a kernel by itself gets you nowhere. To get a working system you need a shell, compilers, a library etc. These are separate parts and may be under a stricter (or even looser) copyright. Most of the tools used with linux are GNU software and are under the GNU copyleft. These tools aren't in the distribution - ask me (or GNU) for more info.

You don't go around calling Microsoft Windows "NT"
You don't go around calling Apple's OS X "XNU"
You shouldn't go around calling GNU/Linux "Linux".
It's only a kernel

If you hate FSF and Stallman to the point where it hurts to acknowledge his contributions just call it by it's trade name.
Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, etc.

Or use a non-GNU operating system based on Linux.
You have Alpine Linux and maybe android.
>>
>>53919978
bsdgames, crawl, supertuxkart

>>53920001
Nope, a DE is a program like any other. You can only run one at a time, but multiple can be installed and you can switch between them any time. If they're not running, they won't interfere with each other.
>>
>>53920035
How can I verilfy this?
>>
>>53919791
>manjaro
>security
"Our SSL Cert is no longer valid,so just change your system clock back a few months"
>>
File: gnu+linux is retarded.jpg (337 KB, 806x938) Image search: [Google]
gnu+linux is retarded.jpg
337 KB, 806x938
>>53920085
The only thing that's the same between all linux distros is the linux kernel. It makes sense to refer to all linux distros as Linux when you're talking about them collectively. GNU/Linux is unwieldy and autistic.
>>
>>53920131
Very good point.
>>
>>53920085
I use busybox/cqlibc/malloc for my init.
Why should i be forced to call my install gnu/Linux ?
Am I not being oppressed just as much as you autists?
>>
>>53920102
You haven't installed your wifi drivers.
Look up the model of your wifi card, followed by "linux driver"
>>
>>53920147
>I use busybox/cqlibc/malloc for my init.
FSF BTFO
GNUfags on suicide watch
>>
Higan emulator on rpmfusion when? Bsnes 091 was shit with that purity nonsense.
>>
>>53919520

>using a niche distribution created out of a knee-jerk reaction gone too far and now it's too far in and embarrassing to admit it was a huge mistake
>>
>>53920087
Alright, so stupid question, what exactly is a window manager?
>>
>>53920147
If you don't use gnu, don't call it gnu, if you do, call it gnu. Haw difficult can that be to understand?
The only confusion you could cause is by not including your userland in how you call it.
>>
>>53920280
>created out of a knee-jerk reaction gone too far

lennart pls go
>>
>>53920297
a program that manages windows
you usually start programs through dmenu or something
>>
>>53919978
Apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges, aptitude, mpv, gnome calculator, youtube-dl, cmus, deadbeef, gimp, inkscape, and whatever else you need.
>>
>>53920310
But you are all forcing me to say its gnu/Linux. All of you stallman zelots dont even recognize there being alternatives to the GOD SEND gnu userland.
If i call it linux, it is linux,there is no need for gnu being added too it. The same as im not calling it another userland/Linux.

You cant have your FSF gluten free,goat milk vegan cake and eat it too
>>
>>53920326
Is there a window manager included with Manjaro + KDE?
>>
>>53920297
A window manager is the program that controls where your windows are placed, how big they are, and what kind of decorations are drawn on them as far as borders and title bars go. Some of them also draw context menus when you right click on the desktop or on title bars. All DEs have their a window manager, but WMs can also be used on their own. Some better than others.

>>53920376
KDE's window manager is Kwin. KDE in particular is more flexible and will allow you to change it to whatever window manager you want without throwing a fit. Other DEs like GNOME 3 are less flexible and forgiving about you ripping out their window manager from underneath it and replacing it with a new one.
>>
>>53920310
Everyone uses GNU though, unless you're on android or something, but that's hardly Linux. The BSDs are the only ones far enough away to not have to be called GNU. Even the distro that is using musl libc still use the gnu userspace..
>>
>>53920364
If you only call it linux everybody will think you mean gnu/linux. If you have a question this can be an issue. Call it busybox/linux or something so people will be able to help you or understand what you use.
>>
>>53920297
>>53920376
A window manager draws decorations around the windows and provides the interface for moving them, resizing them, etc. It may also provide compositing, which is a method of rendering windows that makes thinks like animations and transparency possible. Compositing can also be provided by a standalone program, though.
>>
>>53920376
Kwin
what kind of stupid question is that?
>>
>>53919630

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management/Suspend_and_hibernate
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Sleep_hooks
>>
>>53920406
No.If i call it Linux it implies it being Linux. If you are austistic zealot,who thinks it matters at all,you sperg out and throw in forced gnu.

Why do i have to specify my userland? It is linux
>>
>>53919978

I recommend libuv, elfutils and libgap.
>>
>>53920015

Are you aware that installing all those won't even take up more than 1GB? That's around 1/500th of the average hard drive space nowadays.
>>
>>53920448
Type uname -a and it will tell you that you're running GNU/Linux.
>>
>>53920416
The kind of question asked by someone who hasn't had the need to dive into the guts of linux yet.
So much for friendly linux thread.
>>
>>53920131
https://warosu.org/g/image/zqgHxiJMn8RDSIs-3l2JUQ
everybody knows it's fake and you post this in every single fucking thread. come up with something new.
>>
>>53920555
This is the first and only time I've posted that, although I probably got it from the other guy.
>>
>>53920555
Just because it's fake doesn't mean it doesn't have a point.
>>
so, fresh install of antergos, chose smb support when installing, but it won't recognize that homegroup/windows shares exist on the network, any thoughts?
>>
>>53920546

Not that guy, but that's how I picture those "just install a WM you pleb" idiots. Most likely they think that desktop environments don't have window managers and that their i3 is something unique in the computer world out there. They don't realize that a desktop environment is nothing but a collection of utilities which give you certain functions. They aren't aware that their i3+taskbar+file manager+wallpaper+terminal emulator+whatever else makes up a desktop environment.
Those type of people spread obnoxious "just install a WM" shit, thinking it makes them part of an elite.
>>
>>53920431
I've read these, and I don't think they're helpful. The first one mentions how to run things before and after sleep, like screen locking or whatever, but that's not what I need. The second one calls systemd a high level interface and uswsusp a low level interface. It mentions that "systemd can also use other suspend backends (such as Uswsusp or TuxOnIce), in addition to the default kernel backend", which is exactly what I need to figure out how to do. Unfortunately the details it provides on how to do that seem to be Arch-specific. It tells you to make and edit a copy of an example/default configuration file that I don't have, and I can't find it on the web.
>>
>>53920599
Manually feed it the address. smb://IPorHostnameOfTheOtherComputer/
>>
>>53920599

>install arch manually
>follow the guide
>set up your own smb config

If I had to guess, I'd say Manjaro installs ufw or another firewall by default, which blocks all incoming connections. Of course you'd know what the problem was, had you installed Arch manually and not installed ufw or set up your own iptables filters.
>>
>>53920607

Which file is that?
>>
>>53920606
WM is about CHOICE.You get NO choice when you install a blob of programs,which you might not like or will ever use in your entire life.
Also fuck i3,tiling is good for programming and thats it. Any modern install,using media and the likes,is dynamic
>>
>>53920628
my main reason for choosing arch isn't the do it yourself aspect but the fact that it's pretty much the only rolling release distro that's both up to date, and usable, but anyways I guess I gots some reading to do on the arch wiki
>>
I'm getting this error
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Invalid argument

When trying to play videos with mpv.
>>
>>53920685
this
if you have a list of preferred programs that don't jive with the defaults of whatever de you choose, then you end up with redundancies that equal bloat
>>
>>53920607
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management
>>
>>53920642
/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-hibernate.service

The page at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uswsusp#With_systemd says to copy it to /etc/systemd/system/ and edit it. I have a /usr/lib/systemd/, but I do not have a /usr/lib/systemd/service/.
>>
>>53920685

That's not what I meant. I was talking about people who say "fuck a DE, just install a WM". No one stops at "just a WM". They install a shitload of other components which make up a desktop environment, but then claim that they don't use a desktop environment.
>>
>>53920416
Nigger

>>53920392
>>53920407
Thank you for the help guys, I think tomorrow I'll try putting Manjaro onto one of the extra HDDs I have laying around before I consider squeezing both onto my SSD.
>>
When I switch back to tty from X, my screen begins flashing. It also happens when shutting down. What could be causing this?
>>
>>53920159
Ok,i've downloaded the driver (RTL8192SE) it's a tar.gx package, how can I install it?
>>
Continuing from the last thread;

I'm looking to create a bootable USB for Manjaro, but I'm at a loss as how to create one. I am currently using xubuntu 15.10 and the majority of the burning software is incompatible with Manjaro. I have used dd in the terminal with no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue/over come this issue?
>>
>>53920833
*tar.gz package.
>>
>>53920764
Are you fucking retarded?
Im really having problem fathoming your stupidity.

Sure so lets not install any fucking programs at all, lets just sit at getty and do nothing else,because you cant possibly install any other software on your machine.

Fucking seriously, this is your "point"?

A DE FORCES you to install programs.
A WM LETS YOU CHOOSE what to install.

I dont need 100 of the 120 packages that is FORCE installed as DEPS.
>>
>>53920844
dd if=/path/to/iso  of=/path/to/usb bs=4m
>>
>>53920844
dd should not be failing you

>burning software
wtf does that have to do with making a bootable usb
>>
>>53920844
imagewriter bruh, if it's not in your repo look up the ppa for it
>>
>>53920844
What was wrong with dd?

dd bs=4M if=/path/to/iso.iso of=/dev/sdx status=progress && sync
>>
>>53920752

That's just a normal service file. You can create it yourself or just copy the one shipped with Arch. Those files in /usr/lib/systemd/service are usually installed by packages (the exact location appears to vary depending on the distribution). Custom, system wide services are placed in /etc/systemd/service or something. It's useful, because the ones in /usr/lib will get overwritten by your package manager on updates. You can also place custom service files in your home directory (.config/systemd/services/ I think) to run them in systemd --user mode, but that's not relevant here.

Once you create or copy that hibernate service, when you type "systemctl hibernate", systemd starts the "systemd-hibernate.service". By default it executes "/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sleep hibernate" and you want to change that "ExecStart=" line to whatever command you want.
>>
>>53920886
I will try this and report back, thank you
>>
>>53920865

No, my point was that it's retarded to say that i3+taskbar+file manager+wallpaper+terminal emulator+whatever is not a desktop environment. Just because you assembled it yourself, doesn't mean it's not a desktop environment.
>>
>>53920906
/dev/sdx is the drive of the usb. Find it with fdisk -l
>>
>>53920865
Usually you can install an extremely limited set of dependencies with other optional components later.
>>
>>53920924
my usb is named sdb
>>
>>53920924
root@T420:~# dd bs=4M if=/home/james/Downloads/manjaro.iso of=/dev/sdb
366+1 records in
366+1 records out
1537474560 bytes (1.5 GB) copied, 10.0661 s, 153 MB/s
root@T420:~# fdisk -l

This is the outcome, I achieved this last time yet there appears to be no data on the USB
>>
>>53920993
how did you determine that there is no data on the USB
>>
>>53920993
damn bro, you got a usb3 card in that t420?
>>
>>53921001
Properties:

Total size of files: 0 bytes
Size on disk: 0 bytes

Is there a more accurate way of checking?
>>
>>53921064
I still don't know where you got that but I wouldn't trust it. Try booting from it before declaring that it failed.
>>
>>53921040
Yeah I do, the chap I bought it from was kind enough to include it
>>
>>53921064
You could use df to get usage
>>
>>53920918
In the sense of the standardized notion of what a DE is described as,and how it functions,WM's are NOT DE's.

If i call a nigger a nigger,and you say no thats not a nigger its a figger
>>
>>53921064
'properties' is only going to find active partitions
>>
>>53920993
>1537474560 bytes (1.5 GB) copied, 10.0661 s, 153 MB/s
>>
>>53920892
That makes more sense than any explanation I'd been able to find. I found the service file with the find command in /lib/systemd/system/ and got it working, sort of. "systemctl hibernate" now uses s2disk and works as it should. Unfortunately the XFCE power menu now asks for authentication not only for hibernation, but also for suspend, which was working before. Weirdly, "systemctl hibernate" and "systemctl suspend" can be run as a normal user. I assume this will be an easier thing to fix, though.

Thanks for your help.
>>
>>53920993
you forgot sync again didn't you?
>>
>>53921197

>Unfortunately the XFCE power menu now asks for authentication not only for hibernation, but also for suspend, which was working before. Weirdly, "systemctl hibernate" and "systemctl suspend" can be run as a normal user. I assume this will be an easier thing to fix, though.

Probably because of the polkit rules. Systemctl's "default" hibernate, suspend, poweroff, etc probably had a global rule which allowed it to run without authentication from a local session (at least that's how it is on Arch). Now you used s2disk and it probably doesn't have such a rule set up. Look up into polkit rules, there's an article on the Arch Wiki explaining how to write them.
>>
>>53921238
what is the difference between using polkit and adding users to permissive groups? like sometimes I need to mess around with polkit (that I don't understand that well) while other times I just need to add my user to the 'power' group to be able to reboot without sudo
>>
>>53921284
You dont have it setup that way.
Damn dude, read the wiki, they tell you how to do this.
>>
>>53921190
Is there an issue there?
>>
>>53921373
No.It is showing you that 1.5gb of data has been written to your drive. Saying there is nothing on it,is incorrect and what ever means you are using to view this,should be removed as it is useless
>>
>>53921284

Polkit allows for finer tuning of permissions compared to sudo.
I like polkit. During the past 2 years, I never had to change any rules and everything I needed worked greatly. Everything from shutting down, suspending to mounting stuff worked without any need to enter passwords, while some sensible things like system control with systemctl required authentication.
>>
Hey /flg/. So here's the scenario: I've been setting up an Arch Linux/KDE installation in a Virtual Box with Windows 7 as my host.

I did this in a VirtualBox, as opposed to a different drive or partition, because I wanted to keep using my Windows PC during all of this. I theorized if I set up my "ideal" fully-configured Linux environment in a VirtualBox I:

1) Know all the steps (excluding hardware-specific differences)
2) Can copy huge parts of the dotfiles out of my /home/ directory and directly use them to configure apps on my actual installation -- which I'm hoping to create on my SSD.

Now I had a "crazy" thought: how hard in theory would I be fucking my own ass if I decided to create an image of the VirtualBox disk with some tool, and wrote it to my actual SSD and then tried to boot from it. Basically I was thinking about copying the VirtualBox system 1:1 like it is onto my SSD and trying to boot from it. Of course some stuff will break: I will have to remove the VirtualBox guest packages, replace the mesa drivers with the NVIDIA ones etc, I probably have to get rid of the pulse dotfiles, and reconfigure ALSA to an extent. Additionally I would want to resize the partition (100gb) to fully span my 128gb SSD.

Is this possible, is (Arch) Linux flexible/adaptable enough for something this insane to work?
>>
>>53921394
I used pcmanfm
>>
>>53921440
>insane
no.
>>
>>53921474
So it's not insane or it's insane and not possible. I'm not getting what you are saying. I consider doing something like this insane.
>>
I'm clueless, how can I fix this?
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libxml2:2

(dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.3:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
dev-libs/libxml2:=[icu] required by (www-client/chromium-49.0.2623.108:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
^^^

(dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.3:2/2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>=dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.1-r4:2[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.36-r2:0.10/0.10::gentoo, installed)

>=dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.1-r4[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.36-r2:0.10/0.10::gentoo, installed)

dev-libs/libxml2:2[!icu?,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.6-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)
>>
>>53921440
I think you're biggest problem is going to be getting it to boot. Instead of lifting the whole virtual hard drive, lift just a partition, set up your SSD with the layout you want, DD just the one partition into place, use gparted to resize, and use a live USB to set up grub again. You'd probably be better off reinstalling though. But in theory I don't think there's anything stopping you.
>>
>>53921440

You just listed a shitload of reasons not to do it. Why are you still thinking about it? Use it as an opportunity to get rid of all the tiny, useless tweaks you did and to start from a clean slate.
>>
File: worsethansomesonypieceofshit.webm (89 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
worsethansomesonypieceofshit.webm
89 KB, 600x200
>>53921440
couldnt you just make like a 'stage 3' tar file
the edit fstab ,install bootloader , etc.
>>
>>53921508
If I go the reinstalling route simply figuring out the packages that were installed explicitly (Qe, I think?) and then re-installing them step by step and copying most of my /home/ directory should hopefully be enough.

Hm. Thanks for your input.
>>
>>53921518
This isn't actually my first time setting up the VirtualBox -- this is a very clean/good installation, I didn't do any useless tweaks or errors afaik.
>>
Who /DEBIAN TESTING/ HERE?
>>
>>53921490
Not worth your time. You'd fuck up your partition alignment on your ssd and lose performance.
Youd have to deal with pacman bitching about everything existing,and then having to uninstall it and reinstall it.

Its possible,like using a pencil to change a tracktor tire.

Copy your configs. There are scripts on the forums/aur that will get a list of your installed packages and let you reinstall them automatically.

Dont reinvent the wheel
>>
>>53921530
You can copy your /home directly over,if you put it on a seperate partition.Just make a new user with the same name when you install.
>>
>>53921559
Alright, I think you guys are right. Actually I think I'll just export my $pacman -Qe and do it by hand -- setting up the user applications took the most time anyways.
>>
>>53921548
>apt
no, thanks
>>
>>53920147
>>53920203
nice reading comprehension friends
>>
>>53921548
Who /DEBIAN UNSTABLE/ HERE?
post uname -v
#1 SMP Debian 4.4.6-1 (2016-03-17)
>>
>>53921579
I want to avoid doing that, because the KDE Pulse/Alsa/Phonon thingy stores some hardware specific configuration files in the home directory -- I'll copy most of it, but not everything.
>>
>>53921584
>I want to deal with dependancies personally

calm your autism senpai
>>
>>53919819
And anyone who is more than a poser uses emacs for essentially everything. But yeah, GNU core utils are basically just repackaged BSD utils..
>>
Oh and another question: I have installed the infinality-bundle for 64bit, the multilib 32bit version etc. and I'm using it with the free ib-fonts-extra set or whatever it is called. It looks pretty good, but I was wondering if actually using the MS fonts with the ms-presets would look even better?

Has anyone tried so far, and could maybe post some screenshots (preferably in a KDE installation).
>>
>>53921642
>GNU core utils are basically just repackaged BSD utils
>>
dnf couldn't verify a gpg key, I installed anyway. Uninstalled and then reinstalled, and it verified. Do I have a virus? Are viruses coming through an official package manager common? Am I worried about nothing? I'm a very paranoid person by nature and it's driving me nuts.
>>
>>53921608
more like

>i don't want my package manager to remove half of my system every time i remove a single package

keep on shilling though.
debianfags already reached the archfag levels of cancerousness on /g/
>>
File: 2016-04-07-22:39:11.png (356 KB, 1229x708) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07-22:39:11.png
356 KB, 1229x708
>>53921654

Here, do you like how this looks? Be honest.
>>
>>53921654
Install the fonts and check...
>>
File: MuampYC.png (210 KB, 1630x664) Image search: [Google]
MuampYC.png
210 KB, 1630x664
>>53921690
this doesn't even look like you are using infinality. See what mine looks like:

>>53921694
I would need access to the Windows 8/Windows 10 fonts for proper hinting.
>>
File: 18Uf8pN.gif (1022 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
18Uf8pN.gif
1022 KB, 500x355
I'm using Debian Testing. When I recently tried starting mpv, I got an error "mpv: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I don't think libsndio6.0 is in the repos at all and I already have libsndio-dev installed. Please halp.
>>
>>53921738
No... you would install the fonts you want,use the ms/custom preset,set your infinality configs,and then use them...
>>
>>53921738

I am, with a tweaked config from the forums. Which one do you prefer?
>>
>>53921778
I have to be honest, mine definitely. Are you sure that you actually installed the ms8-fonts / ms10-fonts set from the AUR and then enabled the Windows fonts presets?

This looks almost like you installed the free fonts that comes with infinality and then simply enabled the ms preset instead.

If this is what Windows fonts + Infiniality with the ms preset looks like I definitely prefer mine.
>>
>>53921777
No you need access to the whole Windows fonts directory to install the Microsoft font packages from the AUR -- the PKGBUILD expects the files to be there to be properly installed.
>>
>>53921823
Good god nigger.
If only there was this global network,that allows you to acquire peices of data that you need,when ever you need it.

GOOGLE
DOWNLOAD FONT
STOP BEING RETARDED
>>
>>53921778

No, I'm not using Infinality at all. I tried to trick you into admitting that it looks like the Infinality package is installed, when in fact it is not. All that's used for that rendering is a 20 line fontconfig and DejaVu fonts. No need for needlessly complicated configs and packages to get decent font rendering going.
>>
>>53921842
Hey hey BUDDY. This is the friendly Linux thread, finding the font packages isn't a problem -- but it takes time, especially with a slow internet connection. I figured since FRIENDLY People are here, and many use Arch, I might as well ask for a comparison -- and someone seems to have provided one.

Please stop being so mad.
>>
>>53921857

Was meant for >>53921804
>>
File: placebo.png (299 KB, 1271x597) Image search: [Google]
placebo.png
299 KB, 1271x597
Arimo with ultimate5
I didn't change preset

What do you think?
>>
>>53921857
Yeah, but I instantly noticed that. Infinality looks much clearer/more crisp -- Your fonts look washed out; and this is not a Placebo. Maybe you don't notice it, but I do and did.
>>
How important is the kernel for general software compatibility?

i.e. what's the compatibility rate for software between say, Linux and BSD, or other kernels?

I ask since Debian GNU/kFreeBSD for example was a thing, and since you can use certain WMs in BSD too.

The modular nature of the systems makes it confusing. I'm sure it'll make if once explained though.
>>
>>53921888
Looks at least much better than:

>>53921690
>>
Here's a pro tip: forget about testing and unstable releases. Install something with long-term support, something good like CentOS 7.

t. CentOS 7 master race with updates until June 30, 2024
>>
File: 1451807782096.png (687 KB, 1884x955) Image search: [Google]
1451807782096.png
687 KB, 1884x955
>>53921873
There is being friendly,and then there is spoonfeeding a retard via IV and changing his diaper every 15 minutes

>>53921857
Your fonts are blurry as fuck. Your kernel is horrible,and your fonts waste so much space.
>>53921738
>>53921888
>>
>>53921949
>kerning
>>
>>53921946
That's for servers, silly.
>>
>>53921750
is your system up to date? maybe something changed. is there a bug report for this?
>>
>>53921949
> and then there is spoonfeeding a retard via IV and changing his diaper every 15 minutes

Seems a bit radical. I explained my reasons; it's much work. Additionally the packages in the AUR are outdated and the MD5 sums are not up to date.

Is your screenshot Windows fonts with ms presets? Looks like it at least.
>>
>>53921973
How is it not perfect for any workstation?
>>
>>53921949
how huge are your fonts? are you blind?
>>
>Be me
>saves your meme
>Slits Wrists
>DPR is love DPR is life
>>
File: 1408982713042.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1408982713042.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>53921976
Yup, completely up to date. This was after I rebooted from an upgrade. I don't believe there is a bug in the BTS.
>>
>>53921992
I want gnome 3.18 and a kernel that supports hardware released in the last century, thanks very much.
>>
>>53921949

I like my fonts to be wide. You can make them less blurry by changing the hinting and lcdfilter settings. All it takes is to change it is one simple file. One file which directly affects font rendering.
>>
>>53922040
Hintnone master race.
>>
>>
File: 1441275500706.png (35 KB, 463x511) Image search: [Google]
1441275500706.png
35 KB, 463x511
>>53921984
Its using free preset
>packages
boohmii keeps everything in working order.If you arent getting your fonts from his repo,you should be

>>53922001
My screenshot is reflecting the orginal screenshots size.
>blind
Im in mein kompy recliner full spread out.I normally use 14
>>
>>53922033
I think my box has Gnome 3.14. How is 3.18 better exactly? Also, kernel is 3.10.something. It's not that ancient..
>>
>>53922096
Thanks for your help man, I think I'll simply stick to the free set for now.
>>
>>53922113

It's 0.04 better.
>>
>>53922033
Also, moaning about Gnome version just goes to show that you're a noob. Emacs should fill one screen and terminal windows another.. the rest doesn't matter..
>>
>>53922113
https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.18/
- Google Drive integration
- Nautilus changes
- Possible to install firmware through Gnome-Software
you can read the rest in link provided
>>
>>53922113
>Kernel:3.10
>Current:4.4.6
>>
How disgusting am I for installed Honeyview in Wine and using it as my standard image viewer?
>>
>>53921750
is your ldconfig cache up to date? is libsndio's dir specified in /etc/ld.so.conf?
>>
>>53922219

Go back to Windows disgusting. If you can't use one of the native image viewers, don't bother with using it. It's obvious that you're using Linux for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>53922236
kek, I'm sure :^).

I simply haven't checked around much yet --All the software I'm using on Windows is actually free or at least cross-platform; so don't make so many assumptions. I've just used Honeyview for forever and a day and it's a very neat imageviewer.

The Linux alternatives didn't look that great. But yeah I'll look around.
>>
>>53920448
I didn't start the discussion.
>>
>>53922236
>>53922263
Oh and I'll simply use whatever software best fits my need -- trans-OS. Why are you so elitist?
>>
>>53922236
>there's only one way to use linux, all else is poserdom
>>
>>53922281
>why use linux when you emulate all the software you cant assimulate too in wine
>poserdom
>>
>>53922208
Wow that number is so much larger. Doesn't mean shit..
>>
>>53922219
Quite a bit, what's wrong with viewnior, feh, Ristretto and mpv?
>>
>>53922290
Get over it
>>
>>53922290
>why use linux if no one has bothered to port a few pieces of superior software to it
>>
>>53922290
Maybe you misread what I said, so I'll try again. I simply claimed to run Honeyview in WINE -- that's a single program, an imageviewer. At a quick glance most image viewers on GNU/Linux didn't look as neat; so that's what and why I did it.

I am not emulating all programs in WINE, because there's no need: JetBrains PyCharm, QuiteRSS, Anki, Clementine, Sublime Text 3, JDownloader2, Calibre, Python, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mumble, Dropbox, Pidgin, Anaconda -- everything I use works cross-platform.
>>
>>53922306
Means alot of shit.
>https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/ChangeLog-3.10.101

>https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.6
>>
>>53922219
you're just stupid.

>>53922082
>900x500
>wallpaper

>>53921946
Here's a tip.
I got a GPU that can't run well on those "long term support" distribution.
Using the most recent packages permits me to not have crashes, be able to use hardware acceleration natively without installing kernel modules manually and configuring xorg.

Don't be retarded recommending stuff like those. Recommend something that suits the person needs.

>>53921904
when you create a program, it's for one specific software. What runs on windows won't run on linux and won't run on OS X.
If you don't know shit about programming I'm not sure it's worth explaining you further, but basically, you can port a program to another platform easily. There is also technical standards so you can do low level shit that can be compiled on different OS.
that simplified, but you should get the idea.
tl;dr : it's all about technical standards
>>
>>53922307
Thanks man! I'll check these out. I only saw feh here and there in screenshots thread, it looks _very_ lightweight. This may seem like a silly question, but does it support animated images? Well I guess I can go and check myself, but I'll keep these in a list -- thanks.
>>
>>53922337

>didn't look neat
>image viewer has to look neat
>not just turning off all the toolbars, buttons and menus anyway and using a plain window to VIEW IMAGES

Are you one of those people who rice their torrent clients?
>>
>>53922192
It will probably ship with RHEL 7.3 and thus CentOS 7.3 but really that shit does not matter at all. I can tell from you attitude that you probably use some pig disgusting distro with apt instead of yum.. but on top of that you don't even use apt but some noob GUI thingy..
>>
>>53921687
you're paranoid.
There can't be viruses on official repos. packages are checked by the maintainers of the distribution.
>>
>>53922335
>>53922337
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_image_viewers
>>
>>53922307

Don't forget Nomacs. The Irfanview of Linux and soon to be of Windows too.
>>
>>53922343
Yeah, it's probably rather unstable in comparison to 3.10.x. But whatever.. be a beta tester.
>>
>>53922359
The best support is by mpv but you need it to setup for every file type. The easiest would be viewnior and that supports animated gif by default. I use viewnior.
>>
>>53922208
4.5.0 is out now
>>
>>53922360
>if you do things differently than me then you're a fruit
>>53922372
>I don't have any real argument against what you're doing so I'll just link a wiki page
>>
>>53922393
These are the stable versions as deemed by Linus and the development staff
4.5 is actually mainline,with 4.4.6 being the stable branch.

But keep shilling old software distros.
>>
File: G4pmRX4.png (18 KB, 852x95) Image search: [Google]
G4pmRX4.png
18 KB, 852x95
>>53922403
Hrm, that's my problem with feh, unless I am misunderstanding.

I'll look into mpv/viewnoir. The file association should hopefully be not as much of a problem as I think using KDE/Plasma.
>>
>>53922366
I'm not the anon were talking to before, I just provided the link. For what it's worth, I use Fedora. dnf is a huge improvement over yum (faster, mainly), I hope you'll agree when you get it in 2024 ;)
>>
>>53922359
use mirage for gif
>>
>>53922393
Not him but the latest stable release is 4.5
I agree that stable distros are the right choice for some people but not for everyone.
>>
>>53922418
>wiki
I provided you an vast list of image viewers because you dont seem to have looked at more then a few of them.
>>
File: 1419289973598.gif (115 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1419289973598.gif
115 KB, 500x357
>>53922222
I'm not entirely sure how to find libsndio's path to add to /etc/ld.so.conf. Could you help me out? Nice pents btw
>>
File: h1ZOouu.png (69 KB, 570x593) Image search: [Google]
h1ZOouu.png
69 KB, 570x593
>>53922360
By neat I meant functionality-wise/ease of use wise. I do exactly that with HoneyView, I hate all the bells and whistles so I disable the strange overlay, remove the border and keep them unlocked so they disappear. It's just that in the end -- that doesn't mean the other features it has are negligible. See the attached image.
>>
>>53922438

Mirage is abandoned, uses GTK2 and has shitty cropping/resizing support.
Viewnior can't crop.
Why is there no perfect, small image viewer?
>>
>>53922353
>http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
>Latest Long Lived Branch version: 361.42

>http://elrepo.reloumirrors.net/elrepo/el7/x86_64/RPMS/
>kmod-nvidia-361.42-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm

Oh wow
>>
>>53922460
That wasn't me, I'm thankful for the wiki page.

>>53922468
Another argument for HoneyView seemingly then.
>>
>>53922463

What other features do you need? Borderless viewing? Nomacs has that, assuming your desktop is composited.
>>
>>53922460
>have software you like that works
>no anon you need to research alternatives and use something native
ok there chief
>>
>>53922468
>thinking old software is obsolete.
Check out how old your Openssl package is.

Why do you need features?
You load up a gif, you zoom in if you need to and you watch the fucking gif.
Please go back to windows,you dont belong here.You have no sense of the unix philosphy
>>
>>53922422
The file association is not the issue. If you want to use mpv as an image viewer you need to change it's config file to stop on jpg, png and whatever else and not play it like video. Just try viewnior.
>>
>>53922492

HoneyView is proprietary and requires Wine. Those are 2 arguments against it. Two heavy arguments.
>>
File: 1444000522110.png (13 KB, 248x185) Image search: [Google]
1444000522110.png
13 KB, 248x185
>>53922506
>>
>>53922462
its sloppy but,
find / -name libsndio.so*
>>
>>53922504
I really like HoneyView's Lanczos interpolation, display for many different formats (including animated images!), caching of previous and next files for quick switching, configurable hotkeys for navigating a folder up and down/closing the window. I also like the zoom features: Namely, resizing smaller images to the window size, or automatically resizing bigger images to whatever dimension is smaller while keeping the aspect ratio.

Ideally it would also be quick to start and support displaying of webm/gifv files, but I don't really expect that -- HoneyView doesn't either.
>>
>>53922518

>missing features and using deprecated toolkits and no one to fix possible future bugs is the unix philosophy

I don't think you know what the Unix philosophy is. If you do, you're still a hypocrite since you use software which goes against it.

>go back to windows
What does that have to do with this?
>>
>>53922430
For so many years.. only once I had a problem with yum. I was running very low on swap space and did sudo yum update anyway and ran out of space and everything got fucked and I had to delete shitload of packages by hand and stuff and it took hours but finally I had a working box again..
>>
pls help
I changed the look of gmusicplayer and now I don't know how to get into the settings to undo it.
>>
>>53922544
One program for one task.
I dont need a cup warmer on my mouse.I dont need time warp capabilites on my f5.I dont need 500 "features" to look at porn images for 5 minutes and go back to /b/rowsing.
>>
>>53922534
that's what you're saying fucktard, honeyview works fine in wine so there's no reason for him to go searching for some native viewer that does what he wants the way he wants
>>
>>53922520
They are not heavy arguments for me. I use Arch + KDE because I like it and like tinkering around. I don't chain myself to philosophies which prevent me from using software that I like or think is better. I use whatever suits my needs best.

I respect that you have a different outlook and follow a different philosophy, but this is not the case for me. I appreciate your input however.
>>
>>53922576
>And One
You have shit taste.
>>
File: 2016-04-07-23:32:11.png (47 KB, 650x446) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07-23:32:11.png
47 KB, 650x446
>>53922541

Nomacs does all of those, except for "fit to window". Suggest it on the bug tracker, they might implement it (they did a few of my suggestions).
>>
Now that I think about it, I could just as well write my own feh-like imageviewer in Python + Qt/PySide -- the components are all there to have all the features I want. Easy display of images and animated images with QLabels/QPixmap and QMovie and the Phonon backend for webm/gifv formats. I did something similar before at least -- a never-finished clone of "Fap Gauntlet" with support for webm.
>>
>>53922609
Thanks, I'll note it and take a closer look at it at a later date -- I appreciate your suggestion.
>>
>tfw multiple package instances
>>
File: 0UNnSoZ.jpg (88 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
0UNnSoZ.jpg
88 KB, 500x537
>>53922538
Alright, so I found it in /usr/share/doc/libsndio-dev and included it in /etc/ld/so.conf then updated ldconfig, but I'm getting the same error still.
>>
File: 1456282746915.jpg (373 KB, 1254x1771) Image search: [Google]
1456282746915.jpg
373 KB, 1254x1771
>>53922585
>>53922587
I want to be able to use OSX file manager on my linux,there cant possibly be any other software that can compare to OSX file manger,all,ever,in the universe.

Keep your shitty rusted out 50's chevy,when you can get a brand new lexus.

None of my software will stop magically working when i update wine.
>>
>>53922599
You know what I listen to the most at the moment? Steel fucking Panther.
Can you help me with my problem?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.