[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright kids, how are we standing on the ASUS ROG GX700? >An
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: asus-gx700-0003-1500x1000.jpg (467 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
asus-gx700-0003-1500x1000.jpg
467 KB, 1500x1000
alright kids, how are we standing on the ASUS ROG GX700?

>An overclockable processor. Historically, gaming laptops typically don't let you overclock their components, but the ROG GX700 has a 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-6820HK, one of the first mobile CPUs that you can overclock. It also happens to be one of the latest Intel Skylake processors.

>Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory. Obviously, that's a lot.

>An Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 graphics chip with 8GB of GDDR5 memory. Not a GTX 980M mobile graphics processor -- this laptop has the same graphics chip you find inside one of the most powerful desktop graphics cards that gamers are currently buying to place inside their PCs.

>A 1080p or even a 4K-resolution G-Sync display, like the one we recently enjoyed using in the Asus G751 gaming laptop. G-Sync tries to smooth out the picture quality during gaming by reducing screen stutter and tearing.

>The piece de resistance: a giant external water-cooling system that actually pipes liquid coolant through the guts of this laptop to help cool those components down.
>>
>>53883286
>gayming laptop
Get out
>>
no battery life, even assuming the cooling works
>>
>>53883286
>laptop for gayming
people are this stupid ?

also >>>/v/
>>
>>53883342
>>53883319
lel
>>
>>53883286
>GTX 980
>4k
nice try
>>
>>53883286
It costs 4300$. For a laptop with a shit i7 and a 980. A similar desktop woulf be about 1/4 of that price.

Let that sink in, next time you consider getting a "gayming" laptop.
>>
>>53883324
when it eventually becomes available you can expect all these things:
>no battery life
>monstrous price
>shitty cooling
>>
>>53883397
Shitty cooling isn't a reality on ROG laptops. They have very sufficient cooling in fact due to the xboxhueg exhaust fans at the back.

No battery life is right but desu you'll find a power socket everywhere. I hope you're not thinking of taking your ROG laptop to camping/hiking/etc.? Just put an adapter in your laptop bag and you're settled.

Monstrous price? Eh not really. ROG laptops are priced competitively with their competitors i.e. msi/gigabyte

This is new territory though i.e. PORTABLE FUCKING WATERCOOLER and an overclockable processor. Sounds retarded.

Anyway for maybe half the price (and weight) of one of these you probably can get a gigabyte 37 series laptop that's much more elegant/aesthetic (professional look in fact) with a 980m with 8gb of vram and a 1080 ips screen.
>>
File: dense.png (90 KB, 482x315) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
90 KB, 482x315
>>53883613
>>53883286
Get out shill
>>
>>53883286
Aside from
>gayming laptop
I have serious question:
Why ? It's a laptop. Portable machine. You basically need to place it on the table or somewhere flat to use this and have this water cooling box that is like another laptop in wight and dimensions or else welcome 90C temps.
>>
>>53883613
Fuck off chink, gigabyte is garbage.
>>
>>53883286
>put laptop bag on the ground
>it falls to the side
>watercooling system explodes
that's 4k dollariedoes down the drain
pun fully intended
>>
it's intredasting, but it's still a gaming laptop
>>
>>53883396
You can easily get it to 1/2 of that if you're not careful with your budget, but it's harder to go above that.

>>53883613
>PORTABLE FUCKING WATERCOOLER
More like one of those silly closed-loop watercooling setups that people love for some reason.
>>
File: aX05zez_460s.jpg (51 KB, 460x505) Image search: [Google]
aX05zez_460s.jpg
51 KB, 460x505
How exactly do you plan to make that monster portable? It'd be easier to just take a real computer with you...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.