[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: reasons-to-use-haskell.png (154 KB, 401x305) Image search: [Google]
reasons-to-use-haskell.png
154 KB, 401x305
>>
>>53872143
apps
>>
>>53872143
>hasklel
>>
>>53872143
for learning the functional paradigm so that it can be applied in non-toy languages
>>
>>53872591
I can learn FP with OCaml, F#, Erlang, or any number of better functional languages. And I can also use LISP to implement monads and laziness.

Why do I need Haskell?
>>
>png made from a jpg
gg no re
>>
>>53872820
what program did you use to do this?
>>
>>53872905
Gimp
>>
>>53872905
waifu2x, works a treat
http://waifu2x.udp.jp/

Set the Noise Reduction to high for images with JPG artifacts, set it to none for already-clean PNGs
Upscaling set to 2x
>>
>>53872143
I'm not ready to use Lisp and I'm not doing anything productive yet to require Clojure or Scala.

Nevertheless is a good language if you want to open your eyes to functional programming (its IMO the best way to get started on it).

But on the real world you will probably implement those things for important companies that require a higher level of robustness that Haskell still doesn't have, and is such a JVM platform is more appealing.
>>
>>53872143
What are some reasons not to use haskell?
>>
>>53873122
>I'm not ready to use Lisp
you can teach yourself lisp in a couple of hours, the basics are simple. haskell is a byzantine rabbit hole on par with C++
>>
>>53874541
1) you want to create something useful
>>
>>53874589

2) you want to create something
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.