[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF happened to my USB sticks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Ok, so I was re-installing gentoo and I kept fucking up. The first time I screwed up, I had to wipe the disk and so I flashed DBAN to the USB, wiped the HDD etc. But when I was done the USB wouldn't format. And every time I tried installing Gentoo, the USB wouldn't initialize. Now I want to go back to try again, but I'm out of fresh USB's. IDK how to fix my USB's. Diskutility won't wipe it, fdisk can't read it. My computer mounts it, but it only mounts a 17mb partition.
>>
The USB broke man. Things break from time to time.
>>
screenshotting a draft is like saying "hey everyone look at me being edgy but not edgy enough to actually stand by the joke"
>>
>>53831484
It's highly unlikely three USB's will break consecitevely like that.
>>
Why did you have to DBAN the disk?
>>
>>53832283
Well, I should have before I began installing. The disk was actually given to me by someone else (IDK what was on it). I had to DBAN after because I fucked with the disk formatting so much, I eventually couldn't wipe it any other way.

DBAN actually didn't even work. I had to bust out my forensics kit and actually nuke the drive from my macbook.
>>
>>53831385

You're such a badass, you typed the comment and didn't have the balls to actually tweet it. So brave!
>>
That's isn't OC. I saved it from some other asshole.
>>
>>53831385
What's up in Belgium?
>>
>>53831385
Kingston?
>>
>>53834140
SanDisk, No Name and Lexar
>>
>>53831385
>USBs
They are flash drives, asshole.
>>
>>53831385
i had similar problem time ago, fixed with some low level tool, i think it was this: hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/
>>
>>53834045
Allahuackbar sweetie
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.