[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was about to use Qt then I read that your software must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1334396903568.jpg (350 KB, 988x922) Image search: [Google]
1334396903568.jpg
350 KB, 988x922
So I was about to use Qt then I read that your software must be released as opensource if you use their IDE.

The terrifying thought of all my hard work being copied, then modified and released by someone else calling it their own sunk in.

Why would anyone release their work as opensource?
>>
They have a commercial license too.
>>
>>53793450
Use wxwidgets
>>
>>53793450
そうですか?
>>
>>53793450
is it possible to do that window effect on windows 7 and 10?
>>
>>53793450
If you want to release closed source commercial software with it, you have to pay for the commercial license.

>all my hard work being copied, then modified and released by someone else calling it their own sunk in
Credit must be given or they're in violation of the license. GPL also does not prohibit you from making in-house or commercial software -- you just have to make the source as available as the software.

Red Hat has figured out one way to sell open source -- anyone who buys it can modify and release it freely, but the real product being sold is quality support.
>>
>>53794367
openSUSE also had a way of selling open source. they would release the OS in physical copies and a month after the release the source was avalible.
>>
>guis
>hard work
Lel
>>
>>53793450
>muh $50 monthly subscription

Fuck that.

* If you need single platform, just use the free tools provided by the vendors. Xcode, Visual Studio, tons of shit on Linux, etc.

* If you need cross platform desktop, use Xojo. It's half the price of one year of Qt and Xojo is not a subscription model. The only negative is it's not C++, but the positive is it's one hell of a RAD tool.

That said, we need a good, solid, cross platform, C++ framework that's NOT any form of GPL or L-GPL. I hate those god damn licenses. BSD or MIT is real freedom.
>>
>>53794367
>Red Hat has figured out one way to sell open source -- anyone who buys it can modify and release it freely, but the real product being sold is quality support.
Red Hat has figured out that all they need to do is infiltrate the Linux market with overcomplicated, underdocumented, buggy piece of shit that nobody can seriously work with.

Then they sell support.
>>
>>53793450
holy shit, you are dumb
>>
>>53794306
If you disable aero on windows 7 it'll go back to handling windows the way XP did, resulting in OPs picture in extreme cases but must of the time it'll just slow down your system by doing everything on the CPU instead of the GPU. As far as I know it isn't possible on windows 8 and above.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.