[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
:(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 31techfix-web1-master675-v2.jpg (22 KB, 675x378) Image search: [Google]
31techfix-web1-master675-v2.jpg
22 KB, 675x378
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/technology/personaltech/oculus-rift-virtual-reality-review.html?_r=0

He used it for a week, said that its shit. It made his eyes sore after 20 minutes, marks on his face, his eye developed spasms when the headset was off, controllers are bad, ugly.

Thoughts?
>>
>>53787949
vive is where it's gonna be at
oculus died as soon as whats his face got hit by a car
>>
There are countless positive impressions of VR, and a handful of negative ones, yet people cling to the negative ones like they're the true representation of VR.

Reminds me of the whole vaccines cause autism thing.
>>
>>53788023
the positive impressions for this thing are all by paid shills
>>
>>53787995
Who got hit by a car?
>>
>>53788210
Co-founder andy scott, was walking across the street and got nailed by a mexican (I think) running from the cops. Right after he died they sold to facebook.
>>
>>53788071
*tipsfedora*
>>
>>53788262
Damn
>>
>>53788262
And he didn't finish it like it should have. That guy took away with him all the data and prototype ideas he was going to do since he didn't write them and didn't told anyone about it. RIP
>>
>>53788381
The end result would be the same as it was now, except they would have even less money since they werent funded by facebook.
>>
>>53788262
Of course, the jews have completely no relation to that.
>>
>>53787949
We are going to hear lot more stories just like that. VR is not for everyone. You are putting your eyes in a very awkward position, so it's not really a surprise that many people won't like it.
>>
I think his opinion can be safely disregarded. It's one of "those" people.

>It is also rougher to set up and get accustomed to than products like smartphones and tablets.

>The game, which involves steering a spaceship and shooting guns and missiles at other online players, was impressive and stimulating, and dying was appropriately stressful.

>But a reality in which you are a dead pilot enslaved to fight and die over and over? Hard-core gamers may love this, but I prefer to be in a less depressing place when escaping from actual reality. Put me on a beach where I can look at whales.

>If you purchase the Rift, you had better have thick skin. The aesthetic of the headgear — it looks like a pair of black ski goggles with air traffic controller headphones built into the sides — is not designed to get you a date.

>And since wearing the Rift makes users less aware of the outside world, videos and photos of them donning the contraption — and taken without their knowledge — may end up on Instagram or Facebook.

And then he ends with:
>The Rift’s graphics, sound and head tracking, which is the device’s ability to follow where the viewer looks, do feel like something out of science fiction. While the system’s setup is somewhat complex, the smoothness of the graphics and the high-quality design of the headgear make virtual reality feel ready for prime time.

But oh no, it makes him look like a nerd, that's awful
>>
>>53788262
lmao is OPs picture dead Andy Scott with a VR headset on his face, ebin meme wew
>>
>>53788507
note how you dont mention any of the other negatives from OP

>And then he ends with:
He had to write that, its a nyt fluff piece
>>
>>53788541
Because it doesn't actually mention eye spasms in the article

You only get sore eyes if you forget to blink like a fucking retard and they get dry.
>>
Use it yourself the only problem is the window effect.

It was great playing elite dangerous.
>>
File: Capture.png (122 KB, 842x799) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
122 KB, 842x799
>>53788566
>Because it doesn't actually mention eye spasms in the article
>>
>>53787949
This NYT guy is still a massive faggot. He disliked Eve, probably the best game available, because:
> a reality in which you are a dead pilot enslaved to fight and die over and over [...is] depressing
>>
>>53787949
There was a shitty VR game featuring OR in the Comic Con of my city last year. It was meh to be honest

The game was about shooting planes with machine guns coming from all directions. The angles were a bit off so you had to really twist your head a lot to just see something that you would normally move your head very slightly. The orientation of OR seemed pretty bad but that could be the games fault. The game was not too clear as well. And visibility from only one lens sucks

OR is like the blackberry of VR
>>
>>53788511
no, that's from their latest advertising campaign
>>
>>53787949
The reviewer sounds like a fucking douchebag, frankly.
>>
File: 83d840f6_Argument-pyramid.jpg (50 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
83d840f6_Argument-pyramid.jpg
50 KB, 679x516
>>53789278
>>
>JEW YORK TIMES
GET KEKD
>>
>>53789281
I'll somehow struggle on without having to justify my opinions to complete strangers on a Malaysian lithography enthusiast forum
>>
File: 1459083239431.jpg (121 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1459083239431.jpg
121 KB, 704x480
>>53789291
>j-just wait for a real reviewer
>oh shit a real reviewer from a large newspaper confirming what the anons said
>DELETE THIS
>>
>>53789464
t Shlomo Finkelstein
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.