[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Which cert is best? Hi /g/entoomen I'm an actuary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1450484451485.png (27 KB, 684x173) Image search: [Google]
1450484451485.png
27 KB, 684x173
>Which cert is best?

Hi /g/entoomen I'm an actuary in training and I would like to do my research in IT risk. I aim to a CRISC, but I need somewhere to start.

I also do fullstack dev and sysadmin stuff so I do have some/little experience with IT sec.

So which cert is best ?
>inb4 both
>>
>>53775762
>ceh
you wont be taking that without 2 to 3 actual years of experience in infosec behind your name with a company letter for such.
>>
>>53775762
peepee poopoo
>>
CEH has "hacker" in it, so Id go with that so that people will know that you'll boot them of XBL.
>>
>>53775762
I just got my CEH last week.. Was actually easier than the sec +. You just need your Manger to vouch for you. I'd still recommend CEH because comptia certs are seen as poop
>>
>>53775762
>CEH
Wasn't their website hacked last week?
>>
>>53779297
Yeah it ended up distributing cryptolocker :^)
>>
May I ask, what skillset do you need in order to aim for a cert like this one, or sec+?
>>
>>53779621
>skillset
just study the cert books
>>
>>53775762
Ethical Hacker is very good certification but you need some routing and switching knowledge to understand the types of attacks. Get Backtrack VM and do Labs.
>>
>>53778880
So it is more like meme title or really holds on its own?

>>53779343
toplel, this may be a reason to distrust them

>>53779217
Did you go through their official training?
If yes, how much money did you invested books+materials+traveling, etc?
>>
just do both.
then get a job
then get a real cert like CISSP or GIAC stuff
>>
>>53777198
Bull. Some guys did that during their bachelors here through their employers. Thinking about doing this for fun after my masters.
>>
>>53775762
As a self taught programming hobbyist neet will getting these certificates help me get a job? I know my shit but I lack formal qualifications and I don't want to get a degree.
>>
>>53782508

I was more joking around just because I saw the word 'hacker'.

On a serious note it depends entirelyon what sort of job you want.

For example, if you want to go into pen-testing and the like, companies are more interested in what you've already done/what you can show them you're able to do (competency-based tests).

A company that my clients hire regularly to pen-test and provide accreditation to the managed service that we provide our client actually only has one qualified guy working for them, the other 11 or so pen-testers are all self-taught people.

One of these guys when asked about how to get into the pen-testing field suggested looking up things like "Damn vulnerable web-app" and other such vulnerable VM setups, and try to break them in as many ways as possible.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.