[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>turn off computer at 12:30am >friends are sending Skype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
>turn off computer at 12:30am
>friends are sending Skype messages around 6:15am
>leave house (so no internet) before turning on computer at 9am
>able to see the messages that were being sent at 6:15am
That's shady as fuck.
>>
>>53775517
Kill yourself my man
>>
End your miserable life my dude
>>
What is this?!
>>
File: 1458913407969.jpg (197 KB, 511x653) Image search: [Google]
1458913407969.jpg
197 KB, 511x653
>>53775517
>>
>>53775517
you are dumb
>>
>>53775550
>expecting stock photos to be accurate
>>
>friends
Fuck you
>>
>>53776494
>/g/: The board for angsty closed-minded programmers who have worse people skills than even the average /b/tard
>>
>>53775517
just so you know your messages are stored in the cloud and retrieved later on when you connect for your convenience :^)

why the fuck would you have any friends, anyway? you are aware that friends are nothing more than a social burden?

have fun when one of them calls the cops because he found some loli art on your computer
>>
>>53776641
The average b-tard is anywhere from 8-65 so you gotta admit the range is probably much higher than g where most people are 14-32.
>>
>>53776891
do you even know what an average is?
>>
>>53776861
Read the OP though.
I know messages are stored in the cloud and retrieved when I connect, but I point out there that I shouldn't have been able to connect.
The computer was off when the messages were sent, and there was no connection when the computer was turned on.
>>
>>53776976
Clearly you don't understand
If 2 people are online in a room of 50 people and send messages, they are stored in the cloud.

When the other 48 come online, they receive the messages from the cloud
>>
>>53776976
>what is a time stamp

The server has the message time at 6:15 from when they were sent, not at 9:00 when you actually received them.
>>
>>53777009
>>53777046
What part of "I recieved the messages without connecting" don't you two understand?

At 9:00, when I turned the computer on and saw the messages, I had no internet connection.
>>
>>53775517
I think the op is trying to say the messages were delivered to him when his machine was not connected to the internet at all?
>>
>>53777116
Evidently between losing connection and reading the messages your computer was connected to the internet.

So either someone went on your computer and connected, or you did and forgot about it.

Trust me the rules of the Universe didn't break down, no spoopy aliens delivered your messages
>>
>>53777116
How do you turn your computer on with no internet? Do you have some kind of internet button that nobody else does?
>>
File: Capture.png (50 KB, 390x156) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50 KB, 390x156
>>53777172
Clearly, spoopy aliens did deliver my messages.

>>53777186
I was at a train station, all the networks in range were secured and the messages that I sent as replies weren't able to send until I was able to connect again, so my computer wasn't mysteriously connected in a way kept secret from me.
>>
>>53777285
Why would the internet not connect as soon as you power on? Once you boot, network access is established within seconds and skype would go out and check for new messages.
>>
>>53777116

At this point you are implying that magic is happening, and you are the only person to observe it.
>>
File: Capture.png (131 KB, 617x513) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
131 KB, 617x513
Hold on a moment.
I definitely recall shutting down my computer.
>>
>>53777404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.