[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Geek Squad employee anything /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 290x174
Ask a Geek Squad employee anything /g/
>>
where do you work
>>
Do you often update Adobe Reader?
>>
>>53775168
ur mums house
>>
My PC makes a weird noise and when I try to look at my internet it won't go. What's wrong with it??
>>
>>53775177
I do not
>>
>>53775095
Do you regret you shitty job?
>>
>>53775202
Sad thing is that is a more educated version of most questions we get from the people that come in
>>
Post best stories obviously
How often did you have to hack the mainframe?
>>
Why do you guys constantly try to fuck over elderly people that don't know a god damn thing about computers?
>>
>>53775229
I actually like it for the most part. It's a job just for extra money while I'm going to school, it's extremely close and the discount is really nice. It would be a shitty job if it was my career like a lot of people I work with, but as a temporary job I actually like it.
>>
My laptop makes a random click like the disk drive is opening every ten minutes. What could it be?
>>
>>53775095
How do I print Word?
>>
>>53775259
Define "you guys". I just help people as best I can in the timeframe we are given, and if it requires more work they are required to pay for it. It's the higher ups that set the prices that are fucking people over, and no one is forced to pay to get it fixed.
>>
Quiz time motherfucka

Which of the standard ISO layers will the IP layer of the TCP/IP suite, be in?
>>
>>53775357
Network Layer
>>
>>53775095
Make sure you guys keep handing of the free Advice. It has saved my ass a few times when things went super wrong with my MOBO or PSU. Seriously. Thank you for doing free Advice and not charging.
>>
>>53775095
What qualifications are desired for a job there?
>>
>>53775413
Can't tell if actually serious, but many people really appreciate the fee 15 minutes they get. I do everything I can to help them with their stupid ass problem in those 15 minutes to save them money, and a lot of times it can be fixed with some simple setting/fix.
>>
File: DaddyPinkGuy.gif (120 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
DaddyPinkGuy.gif
120 KB, 250x141
>>53775385
nila nila nila nila, *hands cookies* and incites loli sex
>>
Does working at best buy still suck as bad as it use to. I got fired from Best Buy back in 2008.
>>
which precinct? any interesting clients lately? had some chick come in and yell at one of my guys because she got divorced from her husband and had her laptop plan under his name still
>>
>>53775461
Honestly there aren't very many requirements. Basic knowledge of Windows and common issues that people have are really all the people at my store look for. It is by no means an extremely difficult job, you just have to know your way around Windows a little bit.
>>
>>53775095
How did you land the job? I'm considering a part time.
>>
>>53775357
ISO? You mean OSI? Also, that question is way too wordy.
>>
>>53775484
It's not bad for a part time extra money job. Pay is decent, job is fairly easy, and the discount is nice. Managers at my store are pretty chill too so it's honestly not bad.
>>
>>53775530
show up to the interview
>>
>>53775535
ISO/IEC is that standards for OSI
>>
>>53775095
How does it feel to be a stripped bare toothless cog spinning freely and ineffectually in the corporate machine
>>
>>53775590
Working for a big company sucks if you are planning on staying long term, but as a part time job I don't mind it. When I graduate I'm going to look for a much smaller company to work for
>>
>>53775095
Last I heard you guys don't do jack shit anymore except be a register monkey and fill out paper work so the senior retard in the back can put a recovery cd in the computer.

What exactly do you do? Are you one of the guys that drives the homo apple car to power cycle modems?
>>
>>53775613
honestly its not even that bad of a company to be in, benefits are great, pay is good if youre aggressive, always hit bonuses, enjoyable people to work with, and that dank fucking discount. just got some audeze el8 for like $400
>>
>>53775624
I dont feel bad for the people paying us ridiculous amounts of money just so that we can run malwarebytes and install office for them
>>
>>53775578
In my 10 years in the industry with a Bachelors degree I've never heard anyone refer to it as the ISO model. Your question doesn't really make sense ISO stands for International Standards Organization that sets likely millions of standards, asking which of the "standard layers" isn't descriptive as you could be talking about any number of things. Asking which of the seven layers of the OSI model makes far more sense as it is specific to networking.
>>
>>53775731
ISO sets the OSI; it was part of the trick question. If he was able to figure that out, perhaps he knows his shit.

Stop getting caught up in the fine print m8
>>
>>53775720
Fellow Geek here. I do find it hilarious that we charge $40 to replace a laptop screen, but $150 just to uninstall spyware or run MalwareBytes. Oh, and $100 to drag and drop files onto a USB and back onto the computer. Also kinda sucks that our plans no longer cover three devices anymore.

Oh well, people still pay regardless.
>>
Corporate Geek Squad here, store a shit.
>>
>>53777273
real computer janitor here, your both a shit
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.