[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1458706757555.png (189 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458706757555.png
189 KB, 400x400
>Private Tracker General
>Headphone General
>Chinese Shit General
>ThinkPad General
>DNS Security General
>Private Tracker General
>Firefox Dev General
>Mechanical Keyboard General
>BSD General Thread
>TV Box General
>Smartphone General
>Headphone General
>>
average age of /g/ posters has been declining for years. we're at roughly 16.7 years average age right now
>>
>>53755177
I very much agree with you until I have to use one of these threads. For example, just yesterday I wanted to get new headphones so I posted in the headphone general.

When I was considering buying a thinkpad around Christmas time, I posted in the thinkpad general.

Would the only daily you have be the dpt? It's significantly higher quality than the rest, but let's not pretend that technology == programming, nor that technology == blind consumerism.
>>
>>53755177
Those threads are actually quite useful.

It keeps discussion in one place meaning.
A: If I want to read about it I know where to find it

B: If I don't want to read it the discussion generally stays in those threads.

What would you prefer people talk about on this board?
>>
>>53755191
source?
>>
>>53755177
Is this the complaining about generals general?
>>
>>53755177
People were making the same threads over and over.
>hay whats a good mechanical keyboard
>hay what headphone should I buy??
>hey why is debian the best linux distro
>hay where do i buy thinkpads?

Think of them as containment generals.
They encourage more original threads by having the same old consumerism-type questions in their dedicated chatrooms where people don't have to repeat themselves every single day.
>>
File: Op.jpg (34 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
Op.jpg
34 KB, 400x298
>>53755177
You're complaining about a good thing.
>>
>>53755635
Its an alright thing. Same shit gets posted in these thread almost constantly. Mechanical and Thinkpad being the worst. Honestly as fucking hive mind and annoying as fuck the reddit userbase is, its so many times more useful than this shit hole.
>>
>>53755177
>having a board w/ generals is bad
>>
>>53755691
>Its an alright thing. Same shit gets posted in these thread almost constantly
The same shit would get a new thread instead of getting posted in the same thread. We'd have half the threads in the catalog filled with the redundant shit because they cannot figure out how to do a simple search.
>>
>>53755514

Welcome to /cgg/
>>
>>53755691
Please tell me you did not just compare 4chan to reddit.
>>
>>53755744
Take a look at one of these general threads then find the equivalent on reddit. I guess I meant to compare the generals and not the whole of this board. Kids making these general threads might as well move their shit to reddit. It would unclutter so much.
>>
Anyone minds sharing his filters?
>>
>>53755788
>Take a look at one of these general threads then find the equivalent on reddit
Yeah, you did compare 4chan to reddit. I suggest you head stick to reddit if you cannot recognize the benefits of using 4chan.
>>
>>53755894
>benefits
Didn't know this site meant so much to you. I'll be on my way then.
>>
>>53755954
>Didn't know this site meant so much to you.
4chan is the ass end of the internet but reddit is the redheaded stepchild of 4chan. Here your post stands on its own value without dealing with up/down popularity contests.
>>
>>53755191
so you are underage. MODS! ban him
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.