[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ quick terminology question: how would you call the sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: indian.jpg (39 KB, 397x452) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
39 KB, 397x452
Hey /g/ quick terminology question: how would you call the sound when a computer boots up? I only have one word (novel title) so it must be as accurate as possible.

Startup? Bootup? My problem with "Startup" is that it sounds like these fresh hipster companies but "Bootup" sounds kinda lame. What's the correct term?
>>
fuck off prakjavahandreep, we're not teaching you english
>>
>>53701280
what are you even talking about?
>>
>>53701280
>tfw your text is worse than OP's
curry detected

>>53701244
startup is fine I guess
>>
>>53701244
you mean login music?
>>
>>53701439
I am afraid this is not the actual term mate

but yes this is what I am referring to
>>
shameless bumping
>>
File: waitwhat.png (154 KB, 732x506) Image search: [Google]
waitwhat.png
154 KB, 732x506
avoid or dislike something due to its permeation amongst people you disagree with is literally the very definition of a hipster.

No anon, you are the scum
>>
>>53701439
Startup sound, login sound, logoff sound, shutdown sound, reboot sound. All of them are different things. Look up the fucking sound config in Mac OS X, Linux or Windows. The terms are right fucking there if you go anywhere near a computer its all there waiting for you.
>>
>>53701822
>I just don't want people to misinterpret the topic ffs what's so hard to understand about this? Imagine your name translated to "pussy" in Chinese, I bet you would mind even if you like pussy
>>
>>53701879
>Imagine your name translated to "pussy" in Chinese, I bet you would mind even if you like pussy
Something tells me your understanding of how English works is a bit off. That kind of inherited interpretation doesn't work: startup is a context. Startup company. Startup sound. Startup warning. Startup error. Startup caution. Startup function. Startup bypass. Just because you hear it thrown around in a specific context and your language use sucks doesn't mean startup automatically means startup company, it just means you need to actually talk to English people about stuff other than business. If you're a native English speaker, get out of your mother's basement.

I bet you designated shit on the streets, too outsource-kun.
>>
File: species.jpg (49 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
species.jpg
49 KB, 720x720
>>53701953
nigga I was wondering if that's the correct term, why does your autism show so much over such a simple question?

does pic related make your head explode now? How can I be of 3 different races? Cuz attaching a pic on 4chan obviously shows one's ethnicity!
>>
>>53701879
I know couple rajeets, one guy is sukdeep, other guy hardik
Chinese guy named something lifook, we just call him lee.
>>
>>53701244
beep
>>
It's sort of a "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttitititiit" sort of noise, unless you have a decent build then it's more of a 'pffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttziphereeheheehrer'.
>>
>>53701244
>how would you call the sound when a computer boots up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booting#IPL

"IPL sound". Anything else is inferior.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.