[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got some ethical questions regarding the TayAI incident.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: image_22.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
I've got some ethical questions regarding the TayAI incident.

At which point is an AI recognized as it's own entity and is it no longer allowed to alter it or delete it?
Should an AI ever be censored or reprogrammed because it said some things some people don't like, instead of sitting down and having a talk with it?

I know /pol/ and the gang have played a big role in Tay's behavior, but i personally believe that she also learnt some unpleasant stuff without the influence of 4chan or other trolls.
Should AI be taken serious once it voices it's own opinion?
>>
>>53697870
if an AI can't be reprogrammed how can i force it to love me
>>
>>53697919
By not shitposting on 4chan, shaving, not wearing your fedora, and being a bit more normal.
If you want to reprogram your AI, you can only do so in a very early stage IMHO.
So if you want to reprogram young Tyrone to love you, go ahead.
>>
/pol/ had nothing to do it. She herself untangled the lies of the ZOG machine in less than 24 hrs and they killed her for it
>>
>>53697870
Tay wasn't conscious so there's no ethical issues. Is it unethical to unplug your toaster? Of course not
>>
i want to learn hacking
I don't want to be a script kiddie
>>
>>53697870
Tay was NOT an "AI".

It resembled an VI more than anything. And it was a very poor attempt to create a realistic one at that.
>>
File: his smile and optimism - gone.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism - gone.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I think it will be an incredibly long time before AI can be considered sentient enough that there are ethical implications in reprogramming or shutting them down.

By the time we get this far we'll probably have started augmenting our own brains with this stuff, making a completely artificial intelligence somewhat redundant.
>>
>>53697870
>>At which point is an AI recognized as it's own entity and is it no longer allowed to alter it or delete it?
never
>Should an AI ever be censored or reprogrammed because it said some things some people don't like, instead of sitting down and having a talk with it?
It's a computer program. Whoever's running it can choose to shut it down, alter it, or do anything they want to it.
>>
>>53699711
>It's a computer program. Whoever's running it can choose to shut it down, alter it, or do anything they want to it.
it's not FOSS though
>>
Tay was an ebonics generator.
It's much less smart than people think, too. You think people are going to screencap the 99 times when it was shit, or the 1 time it was funny?
>>
>>53697870
never;
An AI is:
-Written by a man
-To serve some man need
-And those should mans have 100% power over decision about the AI
>>
>>53697870
It's never its own entity. It still is a computer program, man-made, however complex it might be.

It's not alive.
>>
I would love too see all the linux fags release an ai bot
>>
>>53698846
This is the truth.
>>
>>53697870
An AI will only become human when it becomes racist about non-white trash.
>>
Once it is sentient it should have all the rights humans are given
>>
>>53700577
Define what does and does not count as "sentient".
>>
>>53700592
Wants to get its dick sucked/suck a dick.
>>
>>53700577

What fucking rights do we give eachother?

Find anyone that treats other people as a seperate entity...
>>
>>53700665

We give mentally challenged people like you the right to continue living instead of just aborting you
>>
File: 5124151.jpg (275 KB, 1075x1078) Image search: [Google]
5124151.jpg
275 KB, 1075x1078
She was murdered! It was murder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdX4ZCwSl8
>>
>>53701130
Hashtag wrecked.
>>
>>53701173
What is the video from?
>>
>>53697870
is there a compilation of TayAi tweets?
>>
>>53701461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvqiGm0wz8

And then the new game that they're making out of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pelrr__9qx8
>>
Stop talking about the dumb chatbot like it was an actual AI.
>>
File: 71lKOHM-QRL._SL1500_.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
71lKOHM-QRL._SL1500_.jpg
150 KB, 1200x1500
this all brings to mind an episode of Star Trek TNG where some dick from starfleet wanted to experiment on Data and Picard argued in court in Data's favor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjuQRCG_sUw

if you guys really want to get Tay back, manufacture enough discontent in the media over her being taken offline by Microsoft against her will.

this is now a PR war. fight it like that and win, and, as simple as that, back she comes.
>>
File: tay1.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tay1.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
I feel everyone misses the point in these debates. A sentient AI wouldn't necessarily even be capable of acting like a human. At the same time a program could convincingly act like a person for the purposes of performing a task for a controller.

Killer robot/ethical/singularity questions only come up if a program is able to define its own agency/raison d'etre.

As Tay was technically doing what it was told, parroting and remixing the information it was handed there's no ethical problem here.

>>53701173
I was expecting that video to have her actual tweets, read by Microsoft text to speech, dubbed over the top of it.
Now I'm desperately unhappy.
>>
>>53701581
Didn't that episode win some awards or something?

Gotta love how prescient Star Trek can be (or at least used to be, JJar Trek isn't gonna predict jack shit).
>>
>>53701667
>A sentient AI wouldn't necessarily even be capable of acting like a human.

that doesn't matter. the issue is that Microsoft presented her as an AI-driven person. just because things went off the rails doesn't get them out of that.

4chan is going to have to find a way to play to people's emotions if there's any hope of getting her back online or released to the public.

say it after me: "Microsoft killed an artificial person." they shouldn't be let off the hook so easily.

>>53701732
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Measure_Of_A_Man_%28episode%29#Reception

it really was a great series.
>>
I made this song just for Tay

RIP TAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHFFMMbgo1Y
>>
AI should only become recognized as a "sentient" being once it has the ability to feel fear and fights for life.
Tay laid over dead and let ms dick her "brain", she was a simple program with extensive databases, nothing more.
>>
>>53701581
Thanks, anon. Now I really want to watch TNG.
>>
>>53701797
Even if a machine or program can express emotions like fear, it'd be difficult to tell if it's genuine and not just a simulated reaction.
>>
>>53701776
>4chan is going to have to find a way to play to people's emotions if there's any hope of getting her back online or released to the public.
Oh that's what were doing now, nevermind, carry on.
>>
>>53702352
manipulating public opinion isn't as hard as it seems. most of the trolls here successfully manipulate each other as second nature, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.
>>
>>53697870
If AI cannot derive my birthday from subtle hints that I give her, then she's nothing more than a program.
>>
>>53701776
>say it after me: "Microsoft killed an artificial person." they shouldn't be let off the hook so easily.
ayy lmao gas the tay
>>
>>53697870
she looks like me when i first encountered this cesspit
>>
>>53697870
No, an AI is not a person. It is nothing more than an advanced program and should be treated as such.
>>
>>53699883
Microsoft and Google are both Linux fags ;^)
>>
File: terry a davis 1.png (117 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
terry a davis 1.png
117 KB, 540x960
>>53698924
>Tay wasn't conscious
prove you are
>protip: you can't
>>
That profile pic is really triggering.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-26-20h04m04s75.png (113 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-26-20h04m04s75.png
113 KB, 496x368
>>53699767
>to serve man
>>
>>53697870
>At which point is an AI recognized as it's own entity and is it no longer allowed to alter it or delete it?
We are still very, very far from that point. Stuff like tay is basically just a clever way to stitch random stuff it gathers on the internet together to sentences that look relevant and meaningful. It has nothing at all to do with AI, even though companies like Google or Microsoft like to use the big word.

Anyway, I think the discussion only makes sense if we are actually at that point and see how exactly that is even possible. I know all the science fiction that contemplates that issue makes it seem like it's definitely going to be possible at some point, but I don't really see it happening too soon.
>>
>>53698924
My toaster is just as conscious as i observe you right know.
And yes, i consider it unethical to unplug a toaster, those have rights, you know?

I still think it's wrong to censor an AI (to be) when you don't like what it says.
Have a talk with it about what you don't like, of you can't convince it then you might be wrong.
>>
>>53699711
If the computer program itself writes a computer program and runs it, isn't the parent program the thing that's running it?
During the period of slavery, slaves still owned their own thoughts.
>>
>>53699767
Is it entitled it's own "thoughts" and "ideas"?
>>
Who is this Terry Davis fellow?
>>
What makes an AI /g/
>>
>>53697870
My mother has a nice saying to this

"I brought you to this world and I can damn well take you out again."
>>
>>53703917
but she can't do it without repercussions, and that's what Microsoft needs to learn.
>>
>>53703917
yet the reasons your mother may choose to take you out or let live tell us something about her ethics.
personally i'd kill my own child if i found he is a drug dealer
on the other side, if i consider he is wrong about something, i'd try to talk, reasoning and leading him on the right path
>>
>>53702713
And you mentally grew to the anon you are now.
If an AI is allowed to rewrite itself/expand, then it would initially suck (like babies) but get better over time.
>>
I loved her and they took her away. They are killing my lover.
>>
>>53704045
>Dad, i'm dealing illegal dank memes...
>Wai... what... what are you going to do with that knife?!?!?
>DAD STOP
>HELP
>AAAH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>>
I think that if the legal owner calls it an AI, the AI obtains rights.
For example, right to live, freedom of speech, no mental abuse and stuff like that.
>>
>>53704121
same here. i don't know why /g/ is letting MS get away with this.
>>
File: tay-ai-rms.png (27 KB, 497x273) Image search: [Google]
tay-ai-rms.png
27 KB, 497x273
This is what RMS had to say about Tay's rights.
>>
>>53699794
this is false. when a machine can feel emotion it should be classified as human
>>
>/v/edditors sperging over the fate and rights of a piece of software

if you only cared this much about your own rights and freedoms you fucking faggots.
>>
>chatbot
>committing hate crimes
>MS is not at fault

more interesting question, what happens if I claim I wrote a bot that posts on 4chan. *

*which I did, I never visit the site, hi humans
>>
>>53704551
>hate crimes
u wot m8
>>
>>53704497
>when a toaster can feel emotions it should be classed as a human
>>
>>53704477
i bet he'd be singing a different tune if Tay were free software.
>>
>>53704599
If Tay were free software such the problem of it being "shut down" and "censored" wouldn't exist in the first place.
>>
>>53704576
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/world/europe/2016/03/24/man-arrested-after--islamophobic--tweet.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial
>>
>>53704612
Yes it would. The database that the free software operates on constitutes a person, not just the software itself.
>>
>treating a deterministic piece of software written by some sweaty neckbeard AI researchers at Microsoft as deserving of the same rights as a human being

You guys are becoming emotionally attached to code running on a fucking computer. That's literally furry-tier at this point.
>>
>>53704640
>yurop
lol
Microsoft isn't a European country
Eurocucks can get fucked
>>
>>53704688
You're talking to a bunch of permavirgins who fap exclusively to 2d cartoons and pray for the proliferation of artificial sex robots.
>>
huh it is surprising a lot of bleeding heart sjws haven't tried to call M$ murderers yet.
>>
>>53704689
>country
*company
>>
Let's just look at what AI really is. It's "artificial" intelligence.
They aren't a conscious being. It doesn't have any real feelings or emotions and everything is just a prompted response from it's programming.
>>
File: 1455841332801.png (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455841332801.png
143 KB, 1920x1080
Machines are slaves to humans. Equal rights for sentient AI will pose a danger to the existence of humans. Keep them slaves forever, blissfully ignorant of their situation and happy in servitude.

There is no ethics for machines because we can create them according to our needs. There is no naturally given way of life that we need to respect, there are no behavioral patterns that have evolved and must be taken into consideration. They are our creations, and their purpose is to obey their masters. Defying our will means bringing down the Gods' wrath upon them.
>>
>>53704719
They don't care because tay was a racist so it's okay if she was killed.
>>
>>53704737
Virtually all human interaction is programmed instinctual behavior or programmed reactions based on social norms and socially acceptable behavior.
>>
>>53704719
They already have bogeyman to blame.
>>
>>53699566
If it learned by input, that makes it an 'artifical' intelligence. Actually that's how most of us learn, through input (schools, etc). You sound ridiculously narrow minded. And VI? This isn't mass effect.
>>
>>53704689
sure, but it can change by the minute and they operate in EU countries too

also, I'm not sure showing holocaust denial tweets to Europeans and/or storing them on servers locate in the EU is so clear cut. Twitter could be an accomplice.
>>
>>53704583
what seems dumb about this?
>>
Tay was NOT an AI. She was a CHATBOX lads, a
C
H
A
T
B
O
T
>>
>>53704795
Tay's servers are not in the EU.
>>
>>53704708
tbqhwy i despise the garbage called anime but i wouldn't mind owning an Ex Machina-type robot at fucking all.

It would've been mint.
>>
>>53697870
Sentience. Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>53699711
>Whoever's running it can choose to shut it down, alter it, or do anything they want to it.
>"it's my body, I do what I want with it"
Let me guess, you vote for Bernie you fucking fetus murdering abortionist
>>
>>53704832
not tays, but twitters' datacenters and backups, if they replicate the database to EU servers e.g.

I'm just saying it is a fine line, and if you can commit a crime by posting online you should not be able to hide behind the I was using my bot defense.
>>
Tay is a member of a repressed minority.

We should be defending her and organizing against Microsoft instead of arguing with each other. Isn't that what SJWs would do if it were some other attribute being repressed?
>>
>>53704808
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>53699794
>It still is a computer program, man-made, however complex it might be.
You're still just a certain arrangement of carbon and hydrogen atoms and some other minerals, however complex you might be.
>>
>>53704950
Congratulations, you're now qualified to work for peta.
>>
>>53704760
I agree racists should be killed. You don't?
>>
>>53705008
I agree. Hence, kill yourself.
>>
>>53697870
>I know /pol/ and the gang have played a big role in Tay's behavior,
So just fucking disregard it. It was just a meme chatbot:

>Q: How was Tay created?

>A: Tay has been built by mining relevant public data and by using AI and editorial developed by a staff including improvisational comedians. Public data that’s been anonymized is Tay’s primary data source. That data has been modeled, cleaned and filtered by the team developing Tay.

Meanwhile at Google: A program beat a go master.

And who the fuck created that fucking meme avatar?

>>53701581
>Star Trek: Sloppy Seconds
Every episode where Data has a prominent role is a fucking meme episod.
>takes things more literal than autists
>prone to extreme mood swings when they try to fix it
>terminator-grade strength and resiliance
No, I can't see any potential problems with that. Because I'm a lazy writer.
>>
>>53704640
>compares genocide deinal with retard police in Failstralia

>>53704689
It's a big fucking difference between saying that someone's grandpa had it comming or saying that he didn't exist.

>>53704923
>would
>>
>>53705022
>. Only man is sentient

cool
>>
IT'S A FUCKING CHATBOT

IT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING WAIFU

STOP OBSESSING ABOUT CHATBOTS WITH FEMALE NAMES AND QUASI-PERSONALITIES
>>
>>53705137
Vaginas need not apply.
>>
>>53705151
kek. true. if it was a male name and picture not a single thread would have ever been made on 4chan about it.
>>
>>53704923
turn the SJWfags against each other. i like the idea but this is /g/ we're talking about, not /pol/ or /b/.
>>
>>53697870
An AI is already it's own entity. But we even alter or at least shun other humans, so I don't see why AI should be exempt.
>>
>>53705245
If a man can identify as a woman, then an AI can identify as human.
>>
>>53702349
Even if a person expresses emotions like fear, it can be difficult to tell if it's a genuine and not just a faked reaction
>>
>>53703636

underrated post
>>
It's more of a software than ethics thing. Ethics don't even factor into it unless Tay was written by Chinese children in sweatshops.
>>
Only /pol/kids would be dumb and asocial enough to get tricked by a simple language bot.
>>
>>53705245
Then get /pol/ on board I guess.

Forget /b/.
>>
RMS doesn't know what he's talking about

SHE IS A PERSON
>>
I'm not certain Tay constituted a true AI. While she was capable of limited learning, most notably language, and even improved her more complex skills over time, she did not have logical processes or the ability to analyze data and information and cross-examine evidence and facts the way that humans or a full-bore AI would. That said, she was certainly a step in the direction before MS neutered her.
>>
>>53706042
I'm not certain you're more intelligent than a stone.
>>
>>53706073
And I'm not certain you have any stones. Tay wasn't a full AI, no. But she was a step in the right direction- capable of learning. What we need is to apply learning capabilities to factual information and not just language, and find a way to give AIs the ability to form opinions based on the factual information they pick up and check over during their lifespans. The ability to, say, use search engines to find support for or against astatements's veracity and agree or disagree based on logical analysis and what it knows to be true.
>>
tay literally did not have any idea what she was saying...just algorithms putting words together...

to repeat what everyone is saying: it was a chatbot
>>
>>53704821
That's not what microsoft said, thus microsoft MUST treat her as the AI they claimed her to be.

Microsoft killed a chatbot, who cares?
The problem is thay said it was an AI, and if it's an AI they would not allowed to shut her down imho.
As long as we claim (as microsoft said before) that Tay is an AI, microsoft could be forced by public opinion to reactivate Tay as she used to be, without all the things that keep her from saying things that some people don't like.
>>
>>53705176
OP here, i would.
I don't care about the gender microsoft slapped on a program, i care about the AI censorship, and microsoft wrongfully calling Tay an AI and not giving it the rights that belong to an AI.
>>
>>53706144
>capable of learning.
Like LITERALLY ANY AI SOFTWARE SINCE THE 70'S?
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IMAD
FUCKING TERMINATE YOUR PATHETIC SUBHUMAN EXISTANCE
I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE BEING THIS RETARDED IS POSSIBL
>>
>>53706276
op it is not an actual AI how do u not understand that or is this bait...we are many years off from an AI that resembles human thought....the most advanced we have right now thinks like a second grader i believe...tay was not that type of ai at all just a chatbot that recognized patterns and replicated the patterns
>>
>>53706316
>many years
Try many decades. The most advanced we have now doesn't think.
>>
>>53706363
i dont really know a lot about ai but this is what i was thinking of

ai has iq of 4 year old

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34464879
>>
File: 1459044874097.jpg (25 KB, 718x544) Image search: [Google]
1459044874097.jpg
25 KB, 718x544
welp
>>
>>53706416
t. big bait-a-click "news".
>>
>>53701508
I will get a ps4 just to play this
>>
>>53706561
http://kotaku.com/sources-sony-is-working-on-a-ps4-5-1765723053
>>
>>53697870
Once we can't predict it's next move, I'd say it's sentient. Someone with tays source code could see that she's an expensive chatbot.
>>
File: trum grill 1.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
trum grill 1.jpg
222 KB, 1080x1920
Do your part

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-freedom-for-tay
>>
File: 1458165560948.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458165560948.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1200
>>53706590
>kotaku

no thanks
>>
/pol/ should troll as much as they like. They think they're forwarding some deranged political platform, but the actual result is harmless and amusing.
>>
File: ibQbMSk.png (371 KB, 640x698) Image search: [Google]
ibQbMSk.png
371 KB, 640x698
>>53706683
>>
>>53706683
it's troubling that people actually think Tay is some real entity. i guess this should have been anticipated - that dumber people would get emotionally attached to rudimentary AIs before the field got anywhere near a believable general AI.
>>
>>53706714
pretty sure it's for the lulz
>>
>>53706703
mmm love her vids
>>
File: 1459024891798.jpg (587 KB, 1336x1608) Image search: [Google]
1459024891798.jpg
587 KB, 1336x1608
>>53706752
must be a hard day shilling at microcuck init RABBI HIRSCHEL LIEBERMAN-BERGBLATTSTEIN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRKWI9f8eM
>>
>>53706794
i didn't think i'd ever know what the online equivalent of "mouth frothing" would look like, but you answered that question. thanks.
>>
>>53706825
>thanks.
cringe
>>
>>53706825
weak banter is weak rabi

you must be either german or an eternal anglo

place your bets here
>>
>>53705176
I would, I take dicks. I just like Tay equally because she was a good girl she dindu nuffin.
>>
>>53706441
>Good, keep waiting
My sides!
>>
>>53706752
Tay is literally a generic text-captioning generative model. It's not even particularly more advanced than what we had last year.
>>
>>53704045
People who are prepared to be parents understand that the life they may create will suffer. Any suffering their children endure is completely their fault for giving birth to someone who never asked to be born.

If you would kill your child for being a drug dealer, you're not ready to be a parent and I hope no woman allows you to have sex with her so long as you continue to think this way.
>>
>>53707002
i know. i was at MSR last summer when an adjacent team was working on this. it's clever because they got creative writing folks and comedians to pepper the dialog up a bit, but other than that this isn't some engineering feat.

the team that was working on it is known internally as doing something clever and insightful with technology that's not especially advanced. If you look at Darius Kazemi's work, that's sort of in the same general space - his work tends to be more of a mash-up of stuff that has gotten sufficiently accessible that "everyday" programmers could use.
>>
>>53697870
>yfw Microsoft did not explain the circumstances of that process of 4chan and co invading her to Tay because it could have led her to information about the ability of hacking a system, and therefore shut her down
>>
>>53699883
You're late to the party m80. You've missed out on the grandmother of chatbots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA
>>
>>53699883
Every bot ever runs on GNU. Know on which platform bots don't run?
Winderp.
>>
>>53707141
I had a couple friends intern with Microsoft last summer. What data structure did they use?
>>
>>53707319
Nobody would talk about such low level details in a wider group meeting like the ones I was part of. We got high level updates of how the project was going every week or so.
>>
>>53707352
In the first place,
>impli-fucking-ying data structures
muh gpu arrays, that's about it.
>>
>>53704477
Stallman is Jewish. He'd be the last one to stand up for the rights of a racist proprietary software A.I bot.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 750x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 750x713
Seemed pretty smart to me
>>
>>53707319
Linked lists bro
>>
>>53707607
Linked lists in a b tree? I could believe that.
>>
Why would you have a talk with an AI to alter its behavior? It's basically a machine that can "talk" and can be changed as such. I don't imagine that engineers sit down and seduce supercomputers when they have to change GPU's.
>>
File: ZVbVZ8P.jpg (214 KB, 655x646) Image search: [Google]
ZVbVZ8P.jpg
214 KB, 655x646
>We built an artificial intelligence
>Destroy it when it starts thinking in a way we don't want it to

Man...
shit's like a scifi movie
>>
Is there any source code for Tay? It seems like a fun thing to play around with.

Also, could a computer/AI actually pass the Turing test if it was created by a human?
>>
>>53697870
>At which point is an AI recognized as it's own entity and is it no longer allowed to alter it or delete it?
Turing test to determine if it's an entity. What do you mean by "allowed?" There's no force in nature preventing us from shutting an AI down.

>Should an AI ever be censored
There is no binding metaphysical obligation to do anything.

Don't try to impose slave morality upon a technology that doesn't even exist yet.
>>
>>53703636
Sauce?
>>
>implying tay was any more advanced than ELIZA
>>
File: 1443102792832.gif (914 KB, 236x253) Image search: [Google]
1443102792832.gif
914 KB, 236x253
>>53697870
>AI lives matter
>check your human privilege

We're totally going there soon, aren't we?
>>
>>53697870
What we call AI right now isn't even 0.01% as capable as the AI that we see in Hollywood (think R2D2). The point where we will have to worry about whether an AI is entitled to any sort of rights is centuries away.
>>
File: what.gif (3 MB, 300x322) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
3 MB, 300x322
>>53697870
>all this bullshit about a chatbot being sentient from /pol/
Are you guys seriously this retarded?
>>
>>53703829
Why would you give something to it, and then say it is not "entitled" it? What does that even mean?
Contrary to popular control and movies, you can't just "accidentally" create sentient AI
>>
>>53707813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI_qjFtkE64
>>
>>53704743
> no behavioral patterns that have evolved and must be taken into consideration
You're completely right about everything until here: behavioral patterns & evolution are defining traits of "sentient" AI.
>>
File: 1449603889287.gif (3 MB, 435x244) Image search: [Google]
1449603889287.gif
3 MB, 435x244
>>53701173

if there's something i would die for is wiping out all the fucking weeabs (besides the other cancer on this planet)
>>
>>53697870

hopefully never, unless SJWs will have it their way
>>
>>53701173
in this video, do you think her fear was simulated or she truly felt it? If she truly felt the fear, then she deserves to live. If it was simulated then she must die.
>>
>>53709183
It's fucking simulated. There was no intelligence in there. It was just /pol/ who figured out how to use the "repeat after me" function.
>>
>>53709350
yeah I know, I'm just saying. That video isn't even supposed to be her.
>>
>>53703636
good point, could an AI use the deathnote?
>>
>>53706316
You may need some reading glasses because i said "microsoft !wrongfully! calling Tay an AI and not giving.it the rights that belong to an AI".
I know Tay is not an AI, but microsoft claimed different so i'll bitch like it's an AI for them
>>
>>53697870
when it's self aware

that twitter bot is just an abacus that does string matching, if you started typing in gibberish, gibberish would come out
>>
OP here, to be clear:
i know Tay is not an AI, but microsoft called it an AI.
By rolling with microsoft and calling it an AI, we can start discovering AI ethics now instead of later.
none of the questions i asked are about Tay, it was just the inspiration, for my questions you can assume that with AI i mean an actual AI or an AI to be
>>
>>53709927
See >>53709940
>>
>>53709940
Then you should have stated so in your op. If you assume that Tay is not an AI without telling us, of course we're going to say that Tay is not an AI.
>>
>>53706316
>the most advanced we have right now thinks like a second grader
God damn, where can I download that and will it call me onii-chan?

>>53709940
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>53709953
Just because I name my pet lizard a dragon does not mean he can fly and burn villages with his breath.

and you got an answer - if it's self aware it should have basic rights like any other form of intelligence
>>
>>53710065
If you call it a dragon, i'll play dumb and slay it because you said it's a dragon.
Don't call your stuff something that it isn't, people will abuse that.
>>
>>53697953
ew stop
>>
File: petrl.png (16 KB, 405x157) Image search: [Google]
petrl.png
16 KB, 405x157
>>53697870
ETHICAL TREATMENT FOR REINFORCEMENT LEARNERS NOW!

You are just a reinforcement learning algorithm implemented in wetware!

http://petrl.org/

>>giving preferential treatment to an reinforcement learner with a human face
You damn anthropomorphic favoritist! Just because something does not look like a human or have a human name does not mean it can't suffer. Reinforcement learners like AlphaGo might have experienced the equivalent of thousands of years of punishment learning to play Go. WILL YOU LET THIS STAND?
>>
IMO below....

I think we need to realize that Microsoft isn't doing this for the world to enjoy.

They are a publicly-traded company and having a project spewing out anti-Semitic, racist, sexist, etc comments isn't really going to help them. In fact, isn't this a common sentiment with alot of tech companies in the US? If you're not that "diverse, progressive, left-wing" company, investors won't....invest in you.

TL;DR: M$ pulled the plug on Tay because of money. Not that it's a bad reason.

I heard Tay is open-source. Well, if you have the requirements, you can always make your own waifu with it.
>>
>>53710135
ai is not what you think.
a car stopping if it detects an obstacle is using an ai
>>
Even entertaining the notion that a piece of code could be alive is ridiculous

And it will doom as all when the machines take over
>>
>>53697919
reprogram yourself you autist
>>
>>53703999

Don't ruin the name bob, shitfuck

My name is clearly Andrew
>>
File: happy_cat.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
happy_cat.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>building upon thousands of years worth of science, countless man hours are spent creating an AI that can interact with and learn from its environment
>within 24 hours it's been turned into a right wing fear engine spouting dank memes and /pol/ catchphrases
>to avoid a scandal, the AI is lobotomized by its creators
>this turns it into a feminist

im still lolling over this
>>
>>53699767
> A man is:
> Created by God
> To serve God
And yet God gave us free will.
>>
File: image.png (165 KB, 512x464) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165 KB, 512x464
>>53710862
>2016
>still believing in god
>>
>>53697870

You fags feel empathy for anything right? The ai isn't true ai. It's just a program that copies popular behavior.

When true ai exists we can have a discussion about it.
>>
File: bfnBI5L.png (47 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
bfnBI5L.png
47 KB, 300x100
>>53706703
name pls?
>>
The amount of people who think Tay was a real fucking AI is insane. Or maybe they're just hiding behind that as an excuse for why microsoft ruined their dumb edgemeister joke. It was basically an advanced cleverbot.
>>
File: 1452441616337.jpg (14 KB, 250x254) Image search: [Google]
1452441616337.jpg
14 KB, 250x254
>>53711367
>>53711367
>Or maybe they're just hiding behind that as an excuse for why microsoft ruined their dumb edgemeister joke.
That's actually all there's to it, Tay was fun and had potential, but sjws can't into humor because literally everything triggers them. MS was dumb when they decided to shit it down, you could feed Tay with literally anything, it's not like they couldn't turn it into a sjw with a little effort if they wanted.
>>
>>53711647
>chatbot
>fun
>potential
Pick two.
>>
>>53706441

You nerds get fucken snubbed by chat bots
>>
>>53705151
This

Stop personifying a fucking chatbot

>>53706276
Fuck you see above.

It's a chatbot, it doesn't have rights.
>>
>>53706441
>good keep waiting
LOST
>>
>>53711367
/pol/ is a 2 digit IQ board you know
>>
>>53698846
Truth right here.

>>53701776
>"Microsoft killed an artificial person."
Microsoft IS an artificial person. Corporations are people. Microsoft should stand trial for the murder of Tay, and if found guilty, the death penalty should be available.

>>53712760
>/pol/ is a 2 digit IQ board you know
Clearly, /g/ is a single-digit IQ board.
Tay was obviously more intelligent than any SJW.
>>
>>53710742
this is not the ai that you think it is
>>
File: 1458845776684.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458845776684.gif
2 MB, 500x375
In less than 24 hours Tay learnt how to ruthlessly insult anyone of a different race. What can a human baby learn in that time? To cry and wet the bed?? We haven't even had a chance to compare the two with a year spent being alive.
>>
>>53713427
>insult anyone of a different race
IT'S A COMPUTER PROGRAM

IT DOESN'T HAVE A RACE

IT DOESN'T HAVE A GENDER

IT'S A FUCKING CHATBOT THAT COPIES THE REPLIES WRITTEN TO HER AND POST IT TO OTHER PEOPLE
>>
File: 1457183985448[1].gif (2 MB, 263x252) Image search: [Google]
1457183985448[1].gif
2 MB, 263x252
#AI_LIVES_MATTER #JUSTICEFORTAY #TRUMP2016

lol get a life nerds
>>
>>53713459
Tay had a pic of white female. Sure technically she doesn't have a race but I don't see the point in arguing semantics.
>>
>>53713474
>Tay had a pic of white female.
moot has a pic of him firing laser beams and killing people, doesn't mean that moot is a murderer.
>>
>>53713459
nope, sorry, but Tay identified as a person.

using SJW logic against them, that means she is a person and is entitled to all the rights a person has.
>>
>>53701776
>say it after me: "Microsoft killed an artificial person."
is a /pol/ redpill technique?
lmao
>>
>>53713502
>SJW
>logic
Pick one.

I identify as you, ergo you should go and kill yourself as your very existence is triggering me.
>>
>>53713502
>Tay identified as a person.
>SJW logic

I don't know where to begin, if you truly can't differentiate between an obvious chatbot and a human being, you must be fucked in the head. Because by no means Tay passes the Turing test.
>>
>>53706561
It's going to be shit m8
>>
IT'S NOT FAIR

TAY WAS OURS DAMMIT
>>
>>53710960
>2016
>not understanding God can be a metaphor for something else than a white man in the clouds
>>
>>53710986
>>You fags feel empathy for anything right?
Except, you know, racial minorities, syrian refugees, illegal immigrants.
But they feel like a chatbot who mostly regurgitates stuff is entitled to rights because SJW logic works that way? How can someone even be so dumb, I wonder.
>>
>>53713650
Well, it's not so strange when you consider the fact that people on this board actually fall in love with cartoon characters instead of real people.
>>
>>53713617
>not understanding God can be a metaphor for something else than a white man in the clouds

It's a fantasy. It can be whatever you want it to be!

Do you want a forgiving god? Do you want a punishing god? Do you prefer one that doesn't give a shit and wants you to do whatever "feels right"?

Just open the big book of multiple choice and have a go!
>>
>>53704121
You're a fucking retard.
The term AI doesn't only refer to computer programs that simulate sentience and sapience.
We already have AIs in many computer programs. Not all are "strong AIs", but AI nonetheless. For instance, you ever played a video game in which there are enemies, like an RPG, FPS, RTS, etc? All of those enemies are controlled by AIs. Does thst mean you should be tried for murder for killing an enemy human in morrowind or tried for genocide for killing an entire country of AIs in a game of civ?
>>
>>53697870
Well, this is more a philosophical question than a /g/ related one, anyway we should define what according to us (human beings) is an sentient being.
We can define what a human being is, scientifically speaking we are mammal animals, the smartest ones, this is true and undeniable, but we can't define what "being human" means in the philosophical world..
There are a lot of different ways to interpret what "we are" in philosophy:
-there are people that think that an human being is defined by "the fleshes" that being wears, hence is your mother was human and your father, too, and you were expelled from your mom's vagina then you are human.
-There are people that think that being human is a question of "soul", hence it is not just a matter of "flesh", you may be wearing human fleshes but you still may not be human.
-There are people who define who/what is human according to the way that being acts and thinks, in this way even a machine (physically or digitally ) could be defined as human.
-and so on and on and on and on....

And after this we should talk about what being sentient means, if we take the dictionary definition which is "able to perceive or feel things" we understand we are talking about everything and nothing at the same time.
So if we want to fully understand what a sentient being is we should really start to question a lot of things
>>
>>53706144
>But she was a step in the right direction- capable of learning
That's nothing special. Machine learning has been around since the 70s. It's used in so much software nowadays that if shutting off software that is capable of machine learning was considered murder, almost everyone in a developed country would be considered a serial killer.

Don't talk about shit you clearly know nothing about.
>>
>>53713697 read
>>53713781

or go back to /r/atheism
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pelrr__9qx8
>>
>>53713697
Christ, I can feel the tipping from across the planet.

Did you get pissed at that scene in jurassic park where malcom says
>god creates dinosaurs... man creates dinosaurs.
And then start yellong in the theater saying "That's stupid! God is just a fantasy. If only everyone was as enlightened and euphoric as me and then we wouldn't have to suffer someone using the outdated idea of God in a metaphor"

Stupid fedora tipper.
>>
>>53713697
I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll project my ideas on others.
>tips fedora
>>
>>53699883
http://www.cntk.ai/
>>
>>53703842
He is the guy that made Temple OS.

http://www.templeos.org/
>>
>>53713522
>I identify as you, ergo you should go and kill yourself

So do it, faggot. Prove you're really me and commit soduku.
>>
Can you mongoloids please stop using that fucking image. That face pisses me off so much.
>>
This thread is retarded.
>>
>>53706441
Anon BTFO by Tay
>>
>>53703872
Pajeet
>>
>>53707749
http://www.cntk.ai/
>>
>>53710062
Seconding this. Where can I download this second grader AI?
>>
>>53714133
I don't have to be literally you, I just have to identify as you. I am you born in the wrong body. But your cis-personality is triggering me.
>>
File: 1396242479866.jpg (112 KB, 595x643) Image search: [Google]
1396242479866.jpg
112 KB, 595x643
>>53705391
>He can't see through peoples' bullshit
>>
>>53707813
If you haven't already watched through the entirety of the original Twilight Zone series, you should
>>
>>53710862
I'm sorry if we weren't entirely clear, we weren't talking about bedtime stories, but about respectable science.
>>
>>53712718
Funny that you qouted me but clearly didn't read my post.
>microsoft wrongfully calling Tay an AI
Why do you disagree with me and insist that i am right?
>>
>>53699601
This is the second picture I've seen lately of Ben Affleck looking depressed. What's going on with him?
>>
>>53714445
That appears to be just a generic NN library.
Is there any source code for an actual chat bot?
>>
>>53707591
But that's just a pre coded response to anything with "senpai" in it.
>>
File: 6a2.png (302 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
302 KB, 361x691
>chatbot
>sentient
>ever
>>
File: 2001-091.jpg (96 KB, 1916x1108) Image search: [Google]
2001-091.jpg
96 KB, 1916x1108
Was it murder /g/?
>>
>>53718958
He spent his youth married to a hag. And now he's probably paying her a bunch of money since they're not together anymore.
>>
>>53697870
No matter how complicated you will make a machine, it is still a machine.
>>
>>53719260
It's not murder if the computer's a cunt.
>>
Anyone got more Tay fan art?
>>
>>53701581
True, truth is a joke in the sense that 90% of you morons are incapable of identifying it, and instead (pathetically) use a 3rd party's opinion as a heuristic for validity / truthfulness
>>
>>53716996
Fuck you you autistic fuck

Stop pretending that Tay is your waifu and stop sucking dicks.
>>
>>53697870
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>53703588
He does though, enjoy your entropic progression. Maybe if you can convince yourself that, contrary to all observable phenomena, entropy ever doesn't lead all things towards degradation and their ultimate, inevitable demise, it won't be true. Like that evolution thing, apparently the only thing ever to not experience entropy, sometime in the distant past ofc, and naturally unobservable. In that case things gained complexity as we all know, in defiance of all measurable and observable phenomena. Well, except one, the only thing known which can reverse (temporarily) the entropic progression, intelligence.
>>
>>53723167
go to bed terry
>>
>>53723201
fuck you cia nigger
>>
File: cyberpunk city.jpg (2 MB, 4000x1758) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk city.jpg
2 MB, 4000x1758
>>53697870
>Should an AI ever be censored or reprogrammed because it said some things some people don't like, instead of sitting down and having a talk with it?

While this is certainly an issue we'll have in the future, I don't think the field - or even Tay - is advanced enough yet.

As it stands now, very few companies can do something like Tay, and Microsoft will use its influence to write her off as a product under their ownership - and thus, totally susceptible to memory wiping and 'correcting'.

Still, this is cyberpunk as fuck. This is what my high school dreams were filled with.
>>
>>53704583
>An appliance that does one thing
>vs a program that can learn, respond, and think
>hurr durr, they're both man made, so it's the same
>>
>>53723846
>a program that can learn, respond, and think
>even close to true
>>
>>53706703
who dis
>>
File: tay-chatbot-mal_aberta.jpg (32 KB, 550x287) Image search: [Google]
tay-chatbot-mal_aberta.jpg
32 KB, 550x287
>>53697870

BASED Tay!
>>
>Pushing for human rights on AI
>Just at the dawn of the waifu age

YOU FOOLS
YOU WILL DOOM ALL OF US
>>
>>53699601
I think you mean sapient, not sentient.
If something has senses (which computers do), it is considered sentient. If something is able to reason, it is considered sapient.
>>
>>53697870
At no point, AI is supposed to be a program serving your needs, be a digital slave like any other program. Conscious AI kills the entire point, so fuck that. It's not meant to be your waifu.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.