[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I regret this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: dell_lattiude-7450_i5.jpg (90 KB, 1600x1023) Image search: [Google]
dell_lattiude-7450_i5.jpg
90 KB, 1600x1023
Will I regret this?
>>
>>53682664
Also what OS do I put on it?
I got so used to OS X I'll probably want to go with another UNIX-like. I also have access to Win10 Enterprise though.
>>
Depends, can you configure it to have 64GB of RAM?
>>
It's good hardware and Dell have been really good about supporting Linux lately.
Then again, buying American is funding NSA.
Consider Fujitsu Lifebooks.
>>
>>53684503
I got this one for $999 though.
Brand new and with 33 more months of NBD.
>>
>>53682687
kubuntu is pretty comfy
antergos KDE is also pretty comfy - it comes with better setups for the right click menu in dolphin that I can't seem to get in kubuntu

[$10 have been deposited into my kwallet]

If the resolution's 1080p or higher, you might want to try out gnome. Some people love it, some people hate it
>>
yes, you'll get memed on, heavily
>>
>>53684824
installing fedora workstation rn
>>
>>53684857
with gnome?

I always kind of wanted to use gnome so I can get on wayland early, but I couldn't get past the fact that I had to use gnome
>>
>>53682664
no, probably not. although i'd consider the xps if i were you, that thing is fucking sexy.

>>53682687
if you're coming from os x you'll feel at home with something like linux mint. cinnamon is pretty fancy these days. i also hear good things about the latest kde, which apparently pairs beautifully with fedora. and lastly, ubuntu is supposed to get an awesome new version soonish, although i'm not personally a fan. i'm told ubuntu mate, xubuntu and lubuntu are great though.

windows 10. not even once. disgusting.
>>
File: derp.jpg (50 KB, 739x482) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
50 KB, 739x482
>>53682664
no, after years of using thinkpads and macbook pro's i'm currently using a latitude e5450, it's perfect weight size with an ips screen, i usually run fedora on it but i recently went back to using ubuntu lts because i get much better battery life with linrunner on ubuntu than on fedora, anyway it should be a great laptop
>>
>not a macbook
yes, you will regret this
>>
>>53685006
>buying another overpriced, poorly built machine whose potential is held back by bullshit politics

not that much of a sheep senpai
>>
>>53685083
>poorly built
excuse me?
>>
File: 4zu3_Dell_Latitude_E5550.jpg (288 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
4zu3_Dell_Latitude_E5550.jpg
288 KB, 1400x1050
We distribute E5550 and simiar in 2 larger companies where we do sysadmin work for

They are good solid notebooks and the docking bay works nicely
I feel they are quite overpriced for average customer, but the feel of quality is there and the FHD display on newer ones is really sharp, with lot of brightness when needed

Also they come with next day warranty service, 3 years, used it few times already. One time the whole palm rest has been changed

and the other time we just reported that HDD did nto past diagnostic and they send us new one by UPS, of course we put in an SSD and new one went in to external box for backups..

anway its like 1200€ here in EU and thats really a lot of money for generic i3
I always cry little seeing US prices on stuff
and we are in fucking eastern europe, I am not talking norway or denmark or some rich shit
I am talking ~8500€ being average net yearly income in the country...
>>
>>53685110
you never had a 2011 macbook i take it
>>
>>53682664
it's fucking dell dude. i seriously don't get people affected by some shill-out about dell somewhere some time.

it's a bad piece of shit, especially for that price.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.