[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any x86 phones that can dual boot Windows? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Are there any x86 phones that can dual boot Windows?

I know theres a way for the zenphone 2 but it looks emulated and I don't think it takes full advantage of the hardware.

I would like to try and 3d print a slider/tilt type case with a small bluetooth keyboard/trackpad and use it as an umpc.

(pic unrelated)
>>
why would you post a genuine question on a SFW board and accompany it with an image that will almost definitely get the thread deleted and you banned?
>>
>>53605630
i dont have any good pictures on my phone
>>
>>53605637
You're not hearing me, but okay.
>>
Take a picture of the fucking sky then. Jesus Christ. Why do you have that saved on your phone anyway?
>>
>>53605689
exactly, this. there is absolutely no way that you couldn't make a photo right now that would be a better choice. screenshot of your settings page, photo of the floor, anything.
>>
>>53605630
Its a fake picture so no rules were broken
>>
>>53605734
it's not a question of whether this is a faithful documentation of shit. it's a question of whether this is "safe for work".

we can debate the precise location of where the line is, but we should be able to agree that something depicting the shit wiped off of a dick after anal sex would not be appropriate in a workplace. nobody would care to investigate whether this is really fecal matter.

(i'm not saying that it should be safe to browse 4chan at work, but "N/SFW" has been a simple stand-in for guidelines in the past regarding what's okay and what's not)
>>
so no true windows phones yet is all im hearing.
>>
>>53605758
Its generic white tissue paper with some coffe stains on it, common sight in every office

It might only be unsafe if your boss read the caption in small print, thats the only crime here

Given how terms like nigger, fuck and similar are used here on SFW /g I really understand why there is an issue with ops pic
>>
>>53605857
its fucking says right on the images he fucked a girls in the ass in cleaned his dick. SAGE
>>
Guess I'll just have to buy a GPD Win
>>
>>53605833
You can dock into Windows RT or something with the new Lumias. Now we wait for proper x86 devices.
>>
>>53606367
I want something portable and handheld.

I've got plenty of laptops and desktops and even tablets, but they just don't fit that niche I'm looking for.

Like in bed or riding passenger in the car, I don't like having a hot laptop on top of me restricting my movements, and I usually power down most of my devices when I get into bed for the night.

But what if I'm thinking about a coding problem and have an idea I'd like to try out without booting everything back up.

GPD Win seems like it would be nice for that but I don't really want to wait for it to come out, plus I don't really like the keyboard layout although what I'm looking for is a thumb driven keyboard.
>>
no clue, but good luck OP. I having HW controls on portable devices. Touch screens blow.
>>
>>53605619
You can't. No traditional BIOS/UEFI is present in the phone to boot desktop windows. PCs are called IBM compatible back in the day for this reason, there were non IBM compatible x86 computers that needed special versions of DOS/Windows.

There are also no compatible drivers present in desktop windows for running the chipsets in the phone properly
>>
looks like my photo was deleted
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.