[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a recent compsci grad and I've just received
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 8a9.jpg (18 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
18 KB, 400x267
So I'm a recent compsci grad and I've just received a job offer to work in software support and software consulting. I really just want to be a developer, but the job market in my country for grads is shit and this is the only thing i can really find.

Do I do it?
>>
>>53601595

thats a hard one OP. whenever i'm interviewing and the dude says something like "i want to return to programming" i think "well if you liked it why did you leave?" it kind of shows he didnt really like it to start with.

so i guess i'm saying if you can afford it, i'd hang out for a dev job as long as you can cos it can be hard to change direction later on.
>>
>>53601595
don't let your dreams be dreams, Pajeet
>>
>>53601595
>whenever i'm interviewing
Found the HR faggot!

On a serious note, do you think my bills will pay themselves while I search for a job?
>>
>>53602100
>Found the HR faggot!

nope, software engineer.

>bills

some people are rich, some have savings, some have rich parents. fuck you.
>>
>>53601595
Why not take the job, practise more programing and continue to look for more jobs.
Easier to change job once you got one. And I can't see it being that hard to go over to programing just because you had a different job first, unless you work there for many years.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.