[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a new power supply similar to pic related. I plugged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 123456.jpg (17 KB, 338x258) Image search: [Google]
123456.jpg
17 KB, 338x258
I bought a new power supply similar to pic related. I plugged it into a pos terminal and after 18 hours it died.

My question is was it more likely a dud or could have something on the board ruined the power supplies?
>>
>brother is lazy
>doesnt care to look for correct charger for his led flashlight.
>picks up the closest DC charger that fits into his flashlight
>plugs it in
>few minutes later smells burning plastic

tl;dr:
dont play around with DC chargers.
>>
>>53597533
My answer is : cauz u suck dicks
>>
>>53597576
>>53597578
The replacement was an equivalent dc charger though.
>>
Had a chink power supply lying around for a few years. I decided today that I was going to rig it up to power a couple of 120mm fans I had lying around. Worked great for about 3 hours. It suddenly stops. I figured I'd accidentally unplugged it. I go to plug it in suddenly a lot of sparks come flying out of all of the fans. There was a loud popping then silence and the smell of burning silicon.
>>
>>53597533
Dud. Good power supplies are hard to kill, they have over load and overheat protection built in. That one was junk.
>>
>>53597533
Pic is an HP Mini power adapter.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.