[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. I'm looking into upgrading my monitor to something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: file-b20ac4d9a8059cae3c.jpg (29 KB, 590x255) Image search: [Google]
file-b20ac4d9a8059cae3c.jpg
29 KB, 590x255
Hey /g/. I'm looking into upgrading my monitor to something nice. I'd like to get something with high hz, like 144hz or something, but I have no idea what to look for when it comes to monitor hardware vendors seeing as I've always just used more or less hand me down monitors, or whatever was cheapest. Does it matter? Is BENQ worth the price?
>>
I recently got XB270HU with TN panel. I was worried about backlight bleed, but it turned out not as bad as reviews said. 144 Hz at 1440p sure looks great.
>>
What's the deal with g sync/free sync and all that? Does that mean if I buy a 144hz monitor that doesn't have that tech I'll have to have my games running consistently at 144 fps or I'll get screen tearing or stuttering like if you drop below 60 fps?
>>
>>53598706
Vsync free of any input lag or delay at almost any framerate.

FreeSync if you have AMD
Gsync if you have Nvidia.
>>
>>53598759
What about the monitors that don't have that tech though? You'll have to enable vsync at 144 fps and get all your games running at that framerate to prevent screen tearing and stuttering, no?
>>
>>53596355
The 60hz screen seems less blurry.
>>
>>53599324
Yeah, Vsync is the only way to avoid screen tearing.

With a 144hz you have more refresh rates to fall back since Vsync only works on multiples of 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 refresh rate.

With a 60hz monitor you are limited to vsync which is 60FPS, 30FPS and 15FPS but a 144Hz has more multiples it can fall back also even at 60FPS a 144hz monitor make a difference.
>>
>>53596769
Have this monitor and having issues with my 290x at any rate above 60hz. Basically constant flickering every few seconds. Their forum is in full damage control mainly suggesting changing the display port cable. Which is complete bullshit because it works fine on my laptops which have intel 4600hd. Quality control is lacking that said when it works 1440p at very high frame rates is so smooth and engrossing. I actually played quake 3 on it because it's the first monitor I've used that felt as fast as my 21 inch 100hz Sony crt.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.