[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys bother with the product registrations for the individual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Product-Registration.png (70 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Product-Registration.png
70 KB, 256x256
Do you guys bother with the product registrations for the individual components after a new build?

It's just that the actual registration process in a fucking hassle and sometimes does not even work properly.
>>
>>53576914
Why the fuck would you? What are the benefits?
>>
>>53576914
never once.

you rarely need warranty service and if you do, they might bitch about you not registering but if you can show proof of purchase they'll deal with you. They only like registrations for their marketing analytics database and so they can send you spam.
>>
>>53576933
I thought you don't register your product they will refuse to give a refund/replacement in event of a malfunction or problem.
>>
>>53576953
>They only like registrations for their marketing analytics database and so they can send you spam.
fuck that then
>>
>>53576955
In such case you contact the place you bought the shit from.
>>
>>53576955
>You have to sell out all your personal data just to get a 6 month warranty

Murrica, land of the jews, home of the cucks
>>
>>53576955
>>53576991

I dont know how often this is true, but because I didn't register my Wacom tablet within 30 days of purchase I lost the warranty on it. The store would only offer refunds for 30 days before you had to deal directly with the company.
>>
>>53576955
you have the warranty regardless pretty sure it will be valid so long as you don't rip off the sticker with the serial number or whatever
>>
>>53577037
Well, might be the case of

>>53577027

Here in Yuropoor caliphate you get your warranty no matter what.
>>
>>53577037
that's just store policy and has nothing to do with registering, the only benifit is theoretically if a serial number is linked to your name it helps you in getting the thing back in case it's stolen, but in reality that shit becomes evidence and it could be years before you get it back which in the case of electronics means whatever it was will be obsolete by the time you get it back
>>
>>53577037
Yeah, it's this sort of situation I'm worried about.
>>
>>53577212
you should deal with the manufacturer instead of the store anyways, you're more likely to get a repair/replacement that way. lot's of stores will only give you store credit for a defective product
>>
>>53576914
if it gives you an extended warranty, yes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.