[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raspberry Pi Thread Discuss the 3B.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: rbpi3.jpg (449 KB, 1500x980) Image search: [Google]
rbpi3.jpg
449 KB, 1500x980
Raspberry Pi Thread
Discuss the 3B.
>>
It's shit. Just buy a used thin client off Ebay from some company.
>>
>overheats
>still same shit shared hub
>still corrupts SD cards like a mofo
>drops voltage on power supplies that were fine with the rpi2
dropped
>>
>>53569320
>Still no gigabit LAN
>The USB & Ethernet controller are shared

no thanks, I'll just use a old laptop.
>>
>>53569320
>Bought one Pi 2 and connected my Monitor & External Hard Drive to it

$30 quiet Torrent Downloader. Shit is Comfy you
>>
Still a good little computer, but I'll be waiting for a revised version that fixes a couple minor issues.

Also I wish it had a better analog sound output and not some bullshit PWM+RC circuit.

Actually, I wish I had something similar to a Raspberry Zero, with bluetooth, wifi, and a good sound output, it would allow a great number of sound applications, from wireless speakers to handheld MP3 players.
>>
>>53569320
>ITT Retards that don't understand what the RPi is for.
>>
>>53569349
>>53569369
>>53569383
its $35 people. were you expecting something state of the art?
>>
Consider the odroid c2 as a viable alternative.
>four ARM Cortex A53 cores at 2GHz and 2Gb of DDR3 on board.
>>
>>53569427
No not really, I'm >>53569383

But I'd rather have gigabit LAN instead of built-in WiFi & Bluetooth.

I actually own the original Raspberry Pi and I use it for CCTV, and I'd like to get one for a media PC & torrent box, but the 100Mb/s LAN is a limiting factor.
>>
>>53569427
There are better alternatives for that amount though, the only reason to use an rpi is for the support and large community
>>
>>53569429
Dont fall into this trap, mine has a ton of problems and is just a pain in the ass
>>
I bought one like a retard though I don't have a clue to what to do with it. Didn't do much with my raspi 1 either.
>>
>>53569665
Put the NOOBS installer on it then boot up the pi and install rasbian boom working computer
>>
>>53569653
From what I read on HaD it was held in slightly higher regard. I wasn't planning on getting either to be honest, still assmad over my original model b which got an upgrade anyway, fuck em.
>>
>>53569733
I do have a working computer. What will I do with a slower working computer? The only thing I can think of is using it as a media player with my living room tv or an emulator box. I don't spend time there much tho
>>
>>53569320
>1gb of ram shared between GPU and CPU
>no gigabit ethernet
>no usb 3.0
>VideoCore IV so no hardware H265 decoding or encoding
>No sata connections

At the very least using onboard wifi SHOULD free up resources making the already outdated USB 2.0 ports a little faster than using wired ethernet.

The only thing that comes up with worse new generations is Intel.
>>
>>53569765
If you torrent turn it into a torrent box & nas. Download & seed freedom oriented software 24/7 on a platform that needs zero maintenance and won't interrupt shitposting here.
It's what I do.
>>
are they ever gonna increase production of the zero?
still haven't managed to get one
>>
>>53569369
>still corrupts SD cards like a mofo
Is that a pi2 thing? Never happened on my pi1 b
>>
>>53569620
>crying about pi for that reason
>winfags justify winshit for that reason

MUH SUPPORT
>>
>>53570335
My pi1b's sd-card died after running flawlessly 24/7 over a year. What a piece of shit.
>>
>>53570398
Nothing wrong with good support.
I have an i.mx6 sbc and it's such a pain to get 3d and video acceleration working on it and also requires me to run an outdated kernel.
Plus, tons of software for the Pi's gpios came in handy too, like programming a pic my ancient pickit didn't support.
>>
>>53570553
oh I love the pi, I use them for CDOT projects constantly, we have around 30 I run.

windows is fucking shit though, just saying the same people crying about price and no 1gbps lan are the people who are fucking running windows.

there are still several practical thinkers on /g/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.