[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does eli the computer guy just over complicate things? or do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: eli_the_computer_goy.jpg (43 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
eli_the_computer_goy.jpg
43 KB, 1280x960
Does eli the computer guy just over complicate things? or do his videos get better past the introduction videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_oLhMhJsY
>>
>>53563773
Fuck off.
>>
If you can't learn from this guy, you just can't learn at all.
>>
isis confirmed
>>
>>53563773
He acts like a bit of an asshole and is literally an autist.
Some of his videos are alright.
>>
His videos on Tor are ill-informed and amatuerish. I haven't seen anything else by him.
>>
>>53563887
What I mean is he makes simple things seem or sound really difficult.
>>
He claims Linux is only made for server use
>>
this guy has the shittiest tutorials
>>
>>53563773

He's the same idiot who says that he doesn't trust Tor because "it doesn't make sense to me". He's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>53563773
1) stop shilling your vids here
2) your vids would be better if you didnt go off on some fucking tangents all the time
>>
>>53564340
Tor has been compromised for years anyways...
>>
>>53564939

Fuck off, JTRIG
>>
>>53564939
Except it hasn't
>>
>>53566008
thanks fbi
>>
>>53566033
The NSA wants you to believe it's broken so you stop using it. The reality is that it works and the FBI and NSA would rather you didn't use it, to make their jobs easier.

Watch some state of the onion talks, when something comes out it gets patched.

Now what isn't secure is firefox, JS, flash, php, etc. Tor is secure, but if your browser is tricked into sending your real IP to the FBI through some javascript then that's your own damn fault
>>
>>53566067
>Now what isn't secure is firefox, JS, flash, php
kek
but seriously nigger, nothing is secure
the US government has wire taps on all of your communications at the location where they are sent out, the location they are received, and several places in between
Tor itself is not the issue; it is not secure because the network you're using it on is not secure
>>
>>53566184
The NSA doesn't have the ability to break tor like what you're claiming. Contrary to popular belief, the NSA only logs all US traffic, not all world traffic. Look up how tor works.
Logging traffic isn't even enough. They need to directly control every single host that the tor traffic passes through.
>>
>>53564310
Well to be fair that is where it thrives. I blame Xorg being so fucking shit.
>>
>>53566184
holy shit you have absolutely no idea how tor works, shame on you
>>
>>53566232
you've never even bothered to read two paragraphs about tor.

https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en#stayinganonymous
>Tor does not provide protection against end-to-end timing attacks: If your attacker can watch the traffic coming out of your computer, and also the traffic arriving at your chosen destination, he can use statistical analysis to discover that they are part of the same circuit.
>>
>>53563773
he said in his videos specifically that he only does introductions
if i remember right he said it's because you only really need the introduction, the rest you can learn as you actually use it
>>
File: 1456201361783.png (319 KB, 624x633) Image search: [Google]
1456201361783.png
319 KB, 624x633
>>53566217
>the NSA only logs all US traffic
O.O
das a lotta traffic mane
>>
eli is a cuck
>>
>>53566626
Damn right it is. That's why they built 7 or so colossal data centers, each with a couple hundred million dollars of hard drives
>>
>>53566306
And the NSA cannot do this.
Unless you think 'statistical analysis' means 'they can get you in 2 seconds flat'
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.